MiceAge Rumor: Disney Jr. Closing In April '17 - Marvel Plans???

Travel Junkie

I didn't see this while skimming so I'll add that MiceChat does a podcast as well and Dusty mentioned that Star Wars land is well over budget (shock I know) and that while it may not affect Marvel plans it likely will either cause a delay or cancel Frozen going into Fantasyland.

This wasn't as much of a rumor as them spitballing, but they touched on DCA not being about California anymore and maybe they should just change the name to Disney Adventure or something more appropriate.

TsWade2

I don't like Micechat at all.They always tell lies. Once or twice, they keep saying Disneyland will have a private Christmas party like you guys have, and guess what? SURPRISE! It didn't happen. They also said Star Wars Land will replace Mickey's Toontown and my favorite theatre Fantasyland Theatre. And while Star Wars Land was officially announced, they got Star Wars Land right except they lied about replacing Mickey's Toontown and Fantasyland Theatre. Those reporters of Micechat are total hypocrites. I'm sorry, but it's my opinion.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I don't like Micechat at all.They always tell lies. Once or twice, they keep saying Disneyland will have a private Christmas party like you guys have, and guess what? SURPRISE! It didn't happen. They laso said Star Wars Land will replace Mickey's Toontown and my favorite theatre Fantasyland Theatre. And while Star Wars Land was officially announced, they got Star Wars Land right except they lied about replacing Mickey's Toontown and Fantasyland Theatre. Those reporters of Micechat are total hypocrites. I'm sorry, but it's my opinion.

You do realize plans change, right? Just because they said something would occur and it didn't, it doesn't mean it was never on the table.

I had plans to go to Italy last year, but that didn't happen. Did I lie about my plans? No, it just didn't happen.

VJ

I don't like Micechat at all.They always tell lies. Once or twice, they keep saying Disneyland will have a private Christmas party like you guys have, and guess what? SURPRISE! It didn't happen. They laso said Star Wars Land will replace Mickey's Toontown and my favorite theatre Fantasyland Theatre. And while Star Wars Land was officially announced, they got Star Wars Land right except they lied about replacing Mickey's Toontown and Fantasyland Theatre. Those reporters of Micechat are total hypocrites. I'm sorry, but it's my opinion.
Disney said Push the Talking Trash Can wouldn't be leaving WDW. Literally the next day, it was retired from the resort.

GiveMeTheMusic

MiceChat often reports accurately about plans at that time. Management DID plan hard ticket Christmas parties at DLR, and thankfully canceled those plans. Star Wars WAS planned to replace Toontown until it became too big and was moved to the current site. Plans change at Disney regularly.

TsWade2

#fakenews
You're right. Micechat is fake news. ;)

You do realize plans change, right? Just because they said something would occur and it didn't, it doesn't mean it was never on the table.

I had plans to go to Italy last year, but that didn't happen. Did I lie about my plans? No, it just didn't happen.
They're just saying that to make that as an excuse. They never admitted they're wrong or admitted they're lying to get on people's nerves. If you want real Disney Parks news, I suggest visit the official Disney Parks Blog. They're more resourceful than that gosh awful Micechat.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

You're right. Micechat is fake news. ;)

They're just saying that to make that as an excuse. They never admitted they're wrong or admitted they're lying to get on people's nerves. If you want real Disney Parks news, I suggest visit the official Disney Parks Blog. They're more resourceful than that gosh awful Micechat.

???

Last year, Disney Parks Blog reported they would be announcing the plans for Disneyland's 60th on a specific day, and that didn't end up happening. Pretty sure a rep from DPB also claimed GotG at DCA wasn't happening, and look where we are now.

TsWade2

???

Last year, Disney Parks Blog reported they would be announcing the plans for Disneyland's 60th on a specific day, and that didn't end up happening. Pretty sure a rep from DPB also claimed GotG at DCA wasn't happening, and look where we are now.
They're just lucky. I'm not disneyphilip, but I don't believe everything they say exception for getting rid of Disney Junior Live On Stage. Now that's the best rumor I've ever heard.

Last edited:

VJ

Well, obviously the Parks Blog would be more resourceful since it's, ya know, run directly by Disney... :p You just have to realize that until things are officially announced (and sometimes even after that), plans are constantly in flux. Even our insiders here on WDWMAGIC have put out info that changed along the line, does that mean they're liars? I just think that you should be able to see Disney from many different angles; the Disney Parks Blog (aka the "company line") is one angle, yes, but MiceChat and WDWMAGIC are another. I appreciate that we can see the company from so many vantage points.

TsWade2

Look guys, I'm not disneyphilip, okay? I'm just not a fan of Miceage. And I think their resources are ridiculous and nonsense. It's my opinion, okay? I'm not this crazy manchild guy who forces people to like Disney all the time.

brb1006

Look guys, I'm not disneyphilip, okay? I'm just not a fan of Miceage. And I think their resources are ridiculous and nonsense. It's my opinion, okay? I'm not this crazy manchild guy who forces people to like Disney all the time.
Chill down dude

D

Deleted member 107043

I pretty much have a love hate relationship with MiceChat/MiceAge. I love their independent reporting, but I really dislike their anti-Disney management slant and tendency to post DLR rumors prematurely that they know will set the Disney internet community on fire (the Subs' refresh is just a ruse! They're closing forever!). I'll give them credit for toning down the anti-Disney management rhetoric over the past few years though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hmmm... I try to be a good citizen by supporting businesses that pay fair wages, demonstrate concern for worker safety and well-being, put forth efforts to hire underrepresented groups in every level in the organization, support the right of workers to organize, etc.. In short, I'm a "workers first" type of guy, but I wouldn't call myself militant about it, but how employers treat their employees does matter to me.

That said, there's something slightly distasteful about a Disneyland cast member airing their job grievances on a Disney fan site to people who are basically some of Disneyland's best customers. If you really are serious about the issue, and if you aren't getting support from management, your union, or the labor board then take it to the media, go on strike, or choose another legitimate channel to get the word out to the public. I'm sympathetic, but I've never really cared to read what goes on "backstage" at the parks in these kinds of forums. The last thing I'm interested in reading is a email complaint written by an employee to a Disney fan website.

I guess you've missed where every one of those avenues has been taken (minus a strike). Just because you are late to the party doesn't mean it hasn't already escalated past those points.

D

Deleted member 107043

I guess you've missed where every one of those avenues has been taken (minus a strike). Just because you are late to the party doesn't mean it hasn't already escalated past those points.

And I guess you've missed where I don't care.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'll give them credit for toning down the anti-Disney management rhetoric over the past few years though.

'under new management'

OG Miceage was Al's content. Dusty and crew had been working for years on getting more cozy with DL management and past employees. The access Micechat gets now is the outcome of those efforts to be good citizens instead of just the anti-christ as Al was. Micechat will be critical... but they also know they have a relationship to keep now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom