Rob's (possibly) moving back to Orlando - aka buying a new car

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Might as well update this thread. Aside from the aforementioned JCW Tuning kit, since getting the car, I have:

-Upgraded the rear sway bar to a 22mm NM Engineering rear sway bar
-Installed NM Engineering Power Module
-Replaced the shift with a JCW Pro duckbill shift (easy to do, but requires muscle)
-Replaced OEM chassis braces with Cravenspeed Big Pair
-Replaced the OEM runflat tires with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (Bridgestone RE003's for non americans), and picked up a spare OEM wheel/tire/center cap/TPMS sensor from a specialty junkyard

What does this translate to? a faster, sticker, better handling, more well balanced car. Unfortunately, it's lost a little bit of ride comfort, but not much. I'll put a padded seat cover on my car if it becomes an issue. And these are only the performance focused upgrades, not the cosmetic ones, which there are a few.

There are other things I plan on doing, but I don't want to sacrifice reliability, and I'm still making student loan payments in one of the most expensive US cities... so the plan is progressing slower than I'd like it to. But I'm also not bankrupting myself for this project.

And a pic!

9kYQh1X.jpg

StageFrenzy

Might as well update this thread. Aside from the aforementioned JCW Tuning kit, since getting the car, I have:

-Upgraded the rear sway bar to a 22mm NM Engineering rear sway bar
-Installed NM Engineering Power Module
-Replaced the shift **** with a JCW Pro duckbill shift **** (easy to do, but requires muscle)
-Replaced OEM chassis braces with Cravenspeed Big Pair
-Replaced the OEM runflat tires with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (Bridgestone RE003's for non americans), and picked up a spare OEM wheel/tire/center cap/TPMS sensor from a specialty junkyard

What does this translate to? a faster, sticker, better handling, more well balanced car. Unfortunately, it's lost a little bit of ride comfort, but not much. I'll put a padded seat cover on my car if it becomes an issue. And these are only the performance focused upgrades, not the cosmetic ones, which there are a few.

There are other things I plan on doing, but I don't want to sacrifice reliability, and I'm still making student loan payments in one of the most expensive US cities... so the plan is progressing slower than I'd like it to. But I'm also not bankrupting myself for this project.

And a pic!

9kYQh1X.jpg
So are you still running runflats?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Most recent update -

Added a three new mods.

1- NM (Neuspeed) short shift adaptor a few months back, which aside from taking reducing travel by 20mm, it added a nice mechanical feel to my shifts.
2- Ultra racing front strut brace. I decided I needed more show for cars and coffee, and to finish tightening up the chassis. Quick and easy install (aside from destroying one of the top hat bolts because my torque wrench didn't click -but that was quickly fixed)
3- Permanently enabled "track mode" by disconnecting a single plug while track mode was one. Car breathes better, and the exhaust sounds much better.

But then. Well, about 6 months later.

A piece of heat shield came loose, and wasn't a matter of tightening it up, it needed to be replaced. My service advisor is a friend, and he warned me that BMW is on them for modified cars, so he told me to return it with the engine bay stock for warranty work. So I did. Out came the power module, intake, and front strut brace.

And now, my car is at home, fixed, and slower than before, because I didn't have a free two hours over the holidays to return the mods. This will be fixed hopefully this weekend (also, because the power module requires a 20 mile drive, and I'd rather do that when there's less traffic)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom