News Coronado Springs Expansion - Gran Destino Tower

lifeguard1020

Maybe I'm just not remembering things correctly (my brain is definitely on its way out) but didn't I hear that the Contemporary was supposed to be removing its convention space? If so, it would make a whole lot of sense to have another upscale place for those staying for the convention space there at Coronado.
(I apologize if I am not remembering this correctly)

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
I have a hard time believing this resort will remain on an island without any transportation other than bus. If the gondola system is happening, would they really exclude this resort?

This is a stones throw from that elbow in the Boardwalk parking lot. It seems kinda silly that the gondolas wouldn't extend to CSR.

jt04

This is a stones throw from that elbow in the Boardwalk parking lot. It seems kinda silly that the gondolas wouldn't extend to CSR.

Agree. At least in the long term. Although, in the immediate future something from CSR to DAK seems likely.

Very nice. Lee hinted at this year's ago. The floating gardens and bridges should be amazing.

TDO Rules!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What is the possibility/probability of this being done in 2019? Seems like there could be lots of projects all coming on line at the same time to line up with Star Wars Land's opening. Could make for a HUGE marketing campaign for Studios and the surrounding hotels (and transportation options)...

deWild

Maybe I'm just not remembering things correctly (my brain is definitely on its way out) but didn't I hear that the Contemporary was supposed to be removing its convention space? If so, it would make a whole lot of sense to have another upscale place for those staying for the convention space there at Coronado.
(I apologize if I am not remembering this correctly)

I remember reading that rumor and asking why they would demolish the Contemporary's convention space. So now I'm asking. Why would the Contemporary Convention center be demolished?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The building on the DHS plans that we all think is the gondola station is very long -- longer then necessary, perhaps, for embarkation/disembarkation of only one line. And if you go in a straight line the other way from CBR, you hit the CSR conference center after about the same distance, I believe.

lifeguard1020

Because they want to move convention business to the Yacht Club so there will be more guests spending money in the EPCOT area.
That's what I was thinking...Move the conventioners away from the MK and to the Yacht Club, and this fancy new space at Coronado that they are building just for them...

The Empress Lilly

I was just saying in the Caribbean Beach thread that Coronado Springs has always been one of the better-themed hotels on property. The low-rise buildings and relaxed atmosphere have always made it feel very authentically like Old Mexico cerca the 1700s or so. It was nice while it lasted...
Me too. I adore walking around the lake, and the premises. Beautiful, atmospheric too.

I'm not positive about this news. It feels like that curse that has befallen so many WDW hotels recently, of slapping on ill-conceived expansions that all but ruin the resort.

Couldn't WDW have just build two or three new luxury and/or DVC resorts instead?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom