News Caribbean Beach Expansion

peter11435

is this trailer the square building on the initial maps?

what i hate most about this is it destroys the design and symmetry of the resort where all the groupings of buildings looked the same,

it will just look so hap hazard, like a tsunami hit part of the resort and when it was built back they decided to build it back different

if they want to change it would be better to do a bigger project and redo like the whole southern half of the lake or something so it looks more like the building phases fit together rather than just having one new ODD SHAPED high rise mixed with a bunch of old low rises
It will be a much bigger project than what is shown on the plans here so far. These plans only depict a portion of what is planned. Expect more of the resort to go beyond just Barbados and Martinique, and expect more than just the one large tower building.

flyerjab

It will be a much bigger project than what is shown on the plans here so far. These plans only depict a portion of what is planned. Expect more of the resort to go beyond just Barbados and Martinique, and expect more than just the one large tower building.

Is this in response to some of UNI's more recent value and moderate resorts that have been made?

I still think that WDW deluxe resorts are way better than UNI's. Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay seem to have more options and amenities for those categories, and the theming to me is better than some of the WDW value resorts. For example, Cabana Bay has a big pool, lazy river and I also think bowling for those rainy days. Towers are now being added that I think overlook Volcano Bay.

Also, will more major upgrades be on the way for other moderate (or even value) resorts?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
is this trailer the square building on the initial maps?

what i hate most about this is it destroys the design and symmetry of the resort where all the groupings of buildings looked the same,

it will just look so hap hazard, like a tsunami hit part of the resort and when it was built back they decided to build it back different

if they want to change it would be better to do a bigger project and redo like the whole southern half of the lake or something so it looks more like the building phases fit together rather than just having one new ODD SHAPED high rise mixed with a bunch of old low rises

I doubt it, the drawings are probably only showing the permanent buildings.

mm121

if this was true why not just close it down and rebuild from the ground up

i understand wanting to make denser use of land thats already developed especially since the easily developable land on property is getting scarce

if they closed it down for a total tear down/rebuild they could have the entire place redone in like 2 years versus dragging the redevelopment out for a decade

they could build dense in the style of universals new cabana bay resort

they could even go high rises with parking garages and literally fit 10x's the number of rooms on the same property

granted that destroys the themeing and ambiance but that doesnt matter anymore

the only thing that matters is the $$$$$$$$

Bocabear

Well... when we are talking about theming, this resort is not a particular marvel where that is concerned... It is nice, but far from a fully themed resort. Nice buildings, nice architectural details.. nice pool... but not even close to the level of theming that was done at Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls... they just were not doing that back when this hotel was built... Remember this was Disney's first attempt at a lesser priced hotel... Previously there were only the premium hotels... So, I am sure moving forward, with today's design aesthetic, the theming will actually be better... Coronado Springs has better theming... as do all the hotels that came afterward (Except the All Stars and Pop).

doctornick

Relevant to this discussion. @WDW1974 mentioned this in his thread...

--- DVC Expansion in the swamps: First, we all know it is coming to CBR (or the property as it will be a separate resort) because Tom Amity said so ... like two years after I said so here, but who's counting? There are plans right now for DVC from the Contemporary to Coronado to EPCOT-adjacent. They are simply going to continue to turn WDW into The Timeshare Kingdom of the World, something I started calling it over a decade ago.

roj2323

Do we know for sure that CBR is staying with the same theme? It seems like most of the resort is being bulldozed so it would be a perfect time to start over.

Spectro

If they are adding family suites or a DVD type of option here it would work well here in my opinion. I have stayed there twice, and I love the tropical theming and location as I come from a cold climate. But when you have kids, or family that like to sleep late being able to make breakfast in room is a plus even if it's just having a toaster and microwave. We found the food court very busy as the resort is large and that is during off peak stays too. As an early riser and the morning person in our family, I would often do a breakfast run, but by the time I got back to room it was cold.

Rteetz

So is CBR getting DVC or what? The news only mentions a reimagining, dining, and retail. Nothing about new rooms. Coronado is getting a new tower though.

Rteetz

I think that omission confirms DVC is coming. They probably don't want to mention it until their marketing blitz for Wilderness has been exhausted.
True, mention new amenities that will likely be built to entice DVC. I think this also confirms that these two resorts will move into the deluxe category in Disney's eyes to help justify deluxe pricing and Deluxe DVC pricing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom