New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

Again, where is the decree that stats all Disney Nighttime Shows hence forth will shoot fireworks to entertain and satisfy the American need for homogeny? It's as if one can't enjoy the 4 other shows at WDW that have fireworks in them! Yeesh people. I don't hear anyone complaining about WOC for not having these elements! What gives? ROL will never satisfy anyone. Go to the show, sit there, close your eyes and just listen to the music. That, in itself, is a masterpiece. Not all parks need to be the Magic Kingdom. Many of you on here complain about this very thing and here you are defending the notion that all shows should really be the same. Shame.
I'm talking about how they cheaped out on Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! and how a MSEP replacment was immediately ordered.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Out of curiosity, for those who might be "in the know", and I know the show hasn't even officially opened yet, but is Disney still actively working on improvements/additions (especially the lanterns) for this show, or have they put everything on hold for now? What are the chances that we could see notable changes in 3 months? 6 months? 9 months? 12 months?
The efforts at the moment are to get the show running in its current state. Creative changes etc are complete for now.

I am sure that changes will be made in the future, but that isn't the priority right now.

Eckert

"We welcome you to this celebration of Water...(very long pause)...and Light."

Fire was supposed to be a part of this right? One of nature's most thrilling and exciting aspects doesn't show up until the end. This show needed those very impressive flame pillars from the Star Wars show.

rushtest4echo

And don't let anyone lie to you--lower level pyro like they use for OUaT at MK would've been fine with the animals.

Wrong...

In addition to ruining the acidity levels in the water around the park, the oxidizers (even in trace amounts) dumping nightly into the Siamang exhibit less than 200 feet away would be disastrous. After only a few shells, Luminaria became a sh**-show of smoke and fallout- those were mostly smallish ground level shells too. I'd hate to see anything remotely like that ever again at Disney, especially at Animal Kingdom.

Thelazer

They've run theme parks for 61 years with impressive finales to the day. Surprisingly we expect from Disney what we've received from Disney.

And, to be fair, it was SUPPOSED to have more fire. They are delivering a less impressive product than planned, promised, and promoted.

THANK YOU!

Again, where is the decree that stats all Disney Nighttime Shows hence forth will shoot fireworks to entertain and satisfy the American need for homogeny? It's as if one can't enjoy the 4 other shows at WDW that have fireworks in them! Yeesh people. I don't hear anyone complaining about WOC for not having these elements! What gives? ROL will never satisfy anyone. Go to the show, sit there, close your eyes and just listen to the music. That, in itself, is a masterpiece. Not all parks need to be the Magic Kingdom. Many of you on here complain about this very thing and here you are defending the notion that all shows should really be the same. Shame.

WOC is in it's own class, ROL doesn't even come close to it as far as overall concept / show / effects / music.

"We welcome you to this celebration of Water...(very long pause)...and Light."

Fire was supposed to be a part of this right? One of nature's most thrilling and exciting aspects doesn't show up until the end. This show needed those very impressive flame pillars from the Star Wars show.

Stop it, stop it, your making to much sense.
Maybe they should hand out those Avatar glasses, and we can all make believe there is fireworks in the show eh?.. ;)

ToTBellHop

Wrong...

In addition to ruining the acidity levels in the water around the park, the oxidizers (even in trace amounts) dumping nightly into the Siamang exhibit less than 200 feet away would be disastrous. After only a few shells, Luminaria became a sh**-show of smoke and fallout- those were mostly smallish ground level shells too. I'd hate to see anything remotely like that ever again at Disney, especially at Animal Kingdom.
If only there were a way to seal off waterways. And again (although you didn't quote it), fire.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here are some photos we shot from opening night, you can see more at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/gallery/13feb2017-rivers-of-light-show.htm

DSC06280-1.jpg
DSC06291-2.jpg
DSC06423-13.jpg
DSC06494-16.jpg
DSC06519-21.jpg

rushtest4echo

Butler... you're proposing setting up barriers and filters for AK's river system? How bad is that going to look? And again, that doesn't solve the smoke problem.

Agreed about the fire though, this show needs more of it. Even at full blast (which isn't happening right now), the lotus float isn't as impressive as other fire-breathing night time show elements like Braviseamo, Fantasmic, World of Color, Remember, Illuminations or a bunch of others I'm forgetting. Then again I think they're going for subtlety, they just overdid it with the lack of a punchy ending.

jaxonp

We get it. You think it's perfect. Some of us think it's beautiful but could be better.

This is a discussion forum.

I apologize, I just find this obsession with fire/fireworks to be mind boggling. You can literally see fireworks from inside the park if you look at the right time (studios) and you can drive to the other parks to see similar things with in minutes. The show needs a lot of work, it is far from perfect, but throwing in some of the same old isn't the answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom