• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

ToTBellHop

No - rdct doesn't have the huge high altitude stuff to the scale of wishes. It does havr the surround which is cool tho
I would imagine that's due to DL's noise issues with Anaheim and the fact that they ran RDCT nightly for the 50th when fireworks are usually only on weekends during the school year.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would imagine that's due to DL's noise issues with Anaheim and the fact that they ran RDCT nightly for the 50th when fireworks are usually only on weekends during the school year.

I know the reason :). The locals have become real fussy about the fireworks and dl doesn't have the kind of buffer for fallout like mk does.

Just explaining my comment about the elements of wishes I worry the most for.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the state of technology with laser projected video? I would have thought they'd be more powerful and sturdier than bulbs.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What's the state of technology with laser projected video? I would have thought they'd be more powerful and sturdier than bulbs.

It's not laser projected... it's just a change in light source. Think of it like the change from incandescent to led

Imax went further by changing how they do the color separation too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's not laser projected... it's just a change in light source. Think of it like the change from incandescent to led

Imax went further by changing how they do the color separation too.

Oh, I certainly don't want laser projections... they look horrible.

I did mean laser-as-a-light source that goes through the projection transparency. Aren't those types of projectors now more reliable, cooler, and powerful?

ToTBellHop

I know the reason :). The locals have become real pussy about the fireworks and dl doesn't have the kind of buffer for fallout like mk does.

Just explaining my comment about the elements of wishes I worry the most for.
Your typo is hilarious. How is it not blocked? Lol

SirLink

Of course it will cost more. Wouldn't they know that going in? Why roll out a show that could put another one in jeopardy?

Why roll out a show that is already been designed to work on Cinderellas Castle and reducing the laser and pyro effects for WDW. Really? It was cheap additional but needed extra due to loss of nighttime parade. All of MK(and dare I say it all of WDW) entertainment decisions especially that of the night time persuasion is been myopic. This is the latest example.

SirLink

That sounds more likely than getting rid of it all together.

Which is what HEA is it is a projection show, fireworks and lasers. When you debut HEA do you really want to stand through two projection shows back to back, yes it has fireworks, but still a projection show.

Disney-Trains

Couldn't they have just added fireworks to once upon a time? Was that the original idea?

Putting a Steve Davison show as a "pre show" to an Orlando created show seems like an interesting choice...

SirLink

Don't get wrong, I'm sure they don't want to go though countless light bulbs. However, don't they know MK needs all the entertainment it can get now?

TBH all they need is a dedicated night time parade and a Firework show like HEA and call it a day for night time entertainment.

jrhwdw

TBH all they need is a dedicated night time parade and a Firework show like HEA and call it a day for night time entertainment.
IDK, am I the only one who liked MSEP, MM&Y/CTM, and Wishes for nighttime? It was a schedule the other MKs didn't have. TDL just had old school high pyro then OUAT.

SirLink

IDK, am I the only one who liked MSEP, MM&Y/CTM, and Wishes for nighttime? It was a schedule the other MKs didn't have. TDL just had old school high pyro then OUAT.

It was a good idea at the time, now that there is a fireworks show and projection show being shown at the same time in the form of HEA. MK just needs a new dedicated night time parade.

jrhwdw

Couldn't they have just added fireworks to once upon a time? Was that the original idea?

Putting a Steve Davison show as a "pre show" to an Orlando created show seems like an interesting choice...
Forgive me, but it seemed that OUAT came quickly. Even if it came with all of TDL's effects, I would think Wishes would be still needed. Was the initial plan to make MK's OUAT better than TDL's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom