• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

MalMeansBad

I have spent most of today trying to find a way to put my emotions about this into words. I've seen it coming for a while now, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. This show is an integral part of the parks for me and my family. The idea of it no longer being there just doesn't seem right or real. For the past decade or so, this show has been a "welcome home" for me. I've viewed it on numerous holidays and birthdays, with best friends and family members, and I've cried my eyes out every time. This show is what proved to me that there might just actually be magic in the world. I know it seems silly, but I can't tell you the number of times I've made wishes during the show, and later had them come true. And nothing will ever compare to that finale. My favorite part of any trip was looking around at the illuminated faces of guests seeing it for the first time. The wonder and amazement is incomparable. This show holds a very special place in my heart, and always will.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I for one welcome the long overdue replacement for Wishes.

What I don't welcome is a move to replacing fireworks with visual effects. One of the things MK has over DLR is the sheer scale of it's fireworks... especially the high altitude stuff.. just the MASSIVE shells. The scale and size of these have been anchors of a MK show and stuff that most people can't see or experience anything like it at home. The show better be just as damnn impressive on that front. I wish they'd include rooftop pyro behind you in the parks. Remember.. Dreams Come True at DL really tugged at you and was an impressive show, but lacked that superstar pyro punch you got at MK.

I like the projection mapping when it first came out.. and I still have high hopes for what they can do. Just please stop making it just a movie screen like they've been keep to do lately. The original projection mapping and 'transformations' as well as the blending of the projection and physical effects is what makes it cool.

I am a bit worried about the music tho.. the videos shown here are far too 'pop' for my taste.

Cesar R M

I for one welcome the long overdue replacement for Wishes.

What I don't welcome is a move to replacing fireworks with visual effects. One of the things MK has over DLR is the sheer scale of it's fireworks... especially the high altitude stuff.. just the MASSIVE shells. The scale and size of these have been anchors of a MK show and stuff that most people can't see or experience anything like it at home. The show better be just as damnn impressive on that front. I wish they'd include rooftop pyro behind you in the parks. Remember.. Dreams Come True at DL really tugged at you and was an impressive show, but lacked that superstar pyro punch you got at MK.

I like the projection mapping when it first came out.. and I still have high hopes for what they can do. Just please stop making it just a movie screen like they've been keep to do lately. The original projection mapping and 'transformations' as well as the blending of the projection and physical effects is what makes it cool.

I am a bit worried about the music tho.. the videos shown here are far too 'pop' for my taste.
you mean something similar to the new year fireworks on the secondary launching pads around MK?

SirLink

I'm concerned but trying to be optimistic. This show will have some cool tech. But it is vital that MK nighttime spectaculars be primarily pyro-driven. There are those who understand that but also those who have been tasked with producing savings. $124/guest only pays for so much, you know?

Some people within the company have been concerned that by using the projectors more for a total of 30mins per night will mean it will cost so much more in the long run than running OU(a)T and Wishes that.... I would be surprised if OU(a)T survived 6 - 9 months.

jrhwdw

Some people within the company have been concerned that by using the projectors more for a total of 30mins per night will mean it will cost so much more in the long run than running OU(a)T and Wishes that.... I would be surprised if OU(a)T survived 6 - 9 months.
What kind of projectors does DL have for Small World They have their Projection show(with music from Holiday Wishes no less!)during the holidays, every 15 min from sunset to park close . Plus, Believe In Holiday Magic's projections. Granted, they've had a break during night performances of ACF and PTN, but not much.

SirLink

What kind of projectors does DL have for Small World They have their Projection show(with music from Holiday Wishes no less!)during the holidays, every 15 min from sunset to park close . Plus, Believe In Holiday Magic's projections. Granted, they've had a break during night performances of ACF and PTN, but not much.

Kinda different scenarios we are talking about using the same projectors being used for 30mins plus per night. Operations feel that they'll be replacing the bulbs on a much more regular basis(these aren't cheap). You are having a 12 minute projection show followed shortly afterwards by an 18 minute projection show essentially(with fireworks and all that jazz). Also the seasonal quirk of projections being used for Halloween/Xmas stage shows. Why have the two projection shows per night when you can just run HEA? These are the arguments Ops are having that OU(a)T is superfluous.

At DL you don't have a projection show followed by a projection show with fireworks, let alone nightly. SW projections are a seasonal quirk.

jrhwdw

Kinda different scenarios we are talking about using the same projectors being used for 30mins plus per night. Operations feel that they'll be replacing the bulbs on a much more regular basis(these aren't cheap). You are having a 12 minute projection show followed shortly afterwards by an 18 minute projection show essentially(with fireworks and all that jazz). Also the seasonal quirk of projections being used for Halloween/Xmas stage shows. Why have the two projection shows per night when you can just run HEA? These are the arguments Ops are having that OU(a)T is superfluous.

At DL you don't have a projection show followed by a projection show with fireworks, let alone nightly. SW projections are a seasonal quirk.
Well right now, OUAT is needed and after HEA starts, it will still be needed since it looks like now that they won't bother to do anything else at night. I was kind of hoping that HEA might go twice a night(OUAT should be twice a night now IMO.)if it's a grand slam, and if nothing else opens. But not if these talks already going on.

21stamps

Of course it will cost more. Wouldn't they know that going in? Why roll out a show that could put another one in jeopardy?

ToTBellHop

Of course it will cost more. Wouldn't they know that going in? Why roll out a show that could put another one in jeopardy?
Also, when OUaT premiered, HEA was in production. Why premiere OUaT if it were just leaving? The only reasonable explanation is that they needed something to tide the park over as MSEP left and were planning to buy synchrolites for HEA anyway. I do not think, however, the MISIDaPI and HEA at night are enough. They need something else. If only they had a nighttime parade far enough along in development that it could open later this year if they just green-lit it.

21stamps

Also, when OUaT premiered, HEA was in production. Why premiere OUaT if it were just leaving? The only reasonable explanation is that they needed something to tide the park over as MSEP left and were planning to buy synchrolites for HEA anyway. I do not think, however, the MISIDaPI and HEA at night are enough. They need something else. If only they had a nighttime parade far enough along in development that it could open later this year if they just green-lit it.
That's exactly my point. It doesn't make sense.
I can't see any reasoning to get rid of Once Upon a Time right now, at least not until a night time parade comes out.
I completely agree that the Move it Shake it is not enough of a nighttime fix. Like I said in another thread, we like that "parade", but it's really just a dance party, not something people will line up to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom