Trip Report Hakunamatata's Ultra .000001%er 2017 "Whats All This Pandoramonium About?" Trip Report

(This trip takes place May 25, 2017 through June 11, 2017).

This year the 'matata family is celebrating a few milestones (I really hope to get one of those special "milestone celebration" magical fastpasses). One of which is the daughter turned 18 this last fall. We were initially going to do a Disney cruise but a couple people in the family have iffy constitutions and likely would have been life flighted off the ship half way through due to severe motion sickness and claustrophobia. So we elected instead to do an extended land vacation at Universal (3 days) and Walt Disney World (11 days).

We will be driving to our destination via our Honda Pilot SUV. During our Universal portion of the trip we will be staying at the gorgeous TownPlace Suites - Flamingo Crossings. During the WDW portion of our trip we will be staying at Disneys Polynesian Village Resort and Fruity Adult Beverage Oasis. Way back in the day when vacationing as a young chap I remember the monorail trip from the TTC to the MK, passing over the Poly thinking to myself, "self, hopefully you will stay there one day before they take out the big lobby water fountain and create DVC rooms and pier top huts over the aligator infested waters of Seven Seas Lagoon". Well, didnt make it before some of those things happened, but I am going to get to stay there none the less.

I hope to be able to "live" report during our trip. We were not expecting to be there during the grand reveal of The World of Pandora, but I am looking forward to the sparkly bling of a jewelry themed land. For the benefit of all that follow, know that I will have received countless eye roles and stink-eye looks bringing you this live report as well as a number of "your taking a picture of that?" and "another churro?" questioning.

So in the words of Walt Disney....."For all those who come to this happy place, we accept cash and credit cards only, no checks please".

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
I should first throw a shout out of thanks to Pam at @Kingdom Konsultant who always does a top notch job with our vacations. We usually change things alot before finally getting down to our final plans.

Let me also quickly point out that because of Hurricane Matthew in the fall of 2016, i spent a few days in the Orlando area for work. I got to meet up with @Monty , @Joe , and briefly bumped into @Pumbas Nakasak in The World of Disney store. Although I did not enter any of the parks, I did do some resort hopping and actually lit a tiki torch at the Polynesian to keep a flame burning until we returned for our vacation. You may have seen it out near the bus stop. I hope its still burning.

IMG_1696.JPG

So now for the details:

May 25 - Kids out of school at noon, we hit the road and spend the night in Chattanooga TN.

May 26 - Check into the TownPlace Suites - Flamingo Crossing.

May 27, 28, tolerate Enjoy Universal Studios.

May 29 - Disney Springs - Lunch at Art Smiths Homecomingand. Off property gift shops.

May 30 - Late morning breakfast at Ohanas. Check into the Poly

May 31 - Magic Kingdom - Breakfast Kona. Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern.

June 1 - Epcot - Dinner Rose and Crown

June 2 - DAK - Breakfast at Kona Cafe.

June 3 - DHS - 50s Prime Time Cafe.

June 4 - MK - Dinner Be Our Guest

June 5 - Epcot - Dinner Chef Mickeys

June 6 - DAK/DHS - Breakfast 1900 Park Fare

June 7 - Breakfast Kona. MK - Dinner Cindis Royal Table

June 8 - Epcot - Lunch Tepan Edo

June 9 - MK - Dinner Be Our Guest. Mrs 'mata birthday celebration.

June 10 - Breakfast at Kona. Depart Disney.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
FP+ have been booked at the 60 day mark. Here is what we ended up with for FP+ along with dining reservations.

May 31
Pirates of the Caribbean-9:50
Peter Pan - 11:15
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 3:10
Liberty Tree Tavern -8:30

June 1
Spaceship Earth - 9:05
Seas with Nemo and Friends - 10:50
Frozen Ever After - 3:40
Rose and Crown - 7:00

June 2
Kona Cafe - 7:40
Na'vi River Journey 12:55
Expedition Everest - 2:40
Rivers of Light - 8:35

June 3
Toy Story Midway Mania -10:00
Tower of Terror - 11:55
Star Tours - 2:00
50s Prime Time - 3:00

June 4
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 9:45
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 12:50
Haunted Mansion - 2:40
Be Our Guest - 6:30

June 5
Living with the Land - 9:15
Soarin - 10:35
Spaceship Earth - 4:35
Chef Mickeys - 7:10

June 6
1900 Parke Faire - 8:30
Killimanjaro Safari - 11:55
Avatar - Flight of Passage - 1:20
Festival of the Lion King - 3:30

June 7
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 9:40
Space Mountain - 11:35
Buzz Lightyear SRS - 1:10
Cindi's Royal Table - 8:15

June 8
Journey Into Imagination - 9:05
Spaceship Earth - 10:05
Test Track- 11:45
Teppan Edo. - 2:00

June 9
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 10:40
Peter Pan - 11:40
Haunted Mansion - 1:00
Be Our Guest - 5:50

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1 - Universal Studios -

First Attraction - Reign of Kong
IMG_1986.JPG

Made it to the first large room and they announced technical difficulties. It was a short wait.
IMG_1989.JPG
IMG_1991.JPG

The queue is actually more frightening than the attraction. Beware of dark areas as CMs would jump out from them. Basically this attraction is a tram ride through three or four emersive screen rooms and one big Kong AA. It was good and Im glad we did it first.

We then hopped over to the Boy Wizard area and rode the attraction in Hogwarts (apologizing now as I dont know the names of the Uni attractions to the extent I do the Disney ones). Basically a walk on. We didnt stop our brisk walk through the queue line until right before the loading area. We then looked in a few shops, bought a couple of wands and decided we were hungry.
IMG_1995.JPG

We headed back to
IMG_1996.JPG
Where we had lunch. Three burgers, sodas, side salad and fifty less dollars later ( and no @Bob they didnt even have hot cheese) we decided to meander through some gift shops on the way back to the font of the park.

I was surprised at the quality of the Marvel merchandise at Uni. I guess Disney/Marvel has decided to let Uni be the go to for Marvel Universe related stuff. We may end up seeing the same stuff at Disney but Uni had some really cool stuff. The comic book selection is outstanding.

We stopped at Toothsome on the way out and agreed that tomorrow there will be at least a couple of chocolate dipped cheesecake and strawberry skewers purchased.

We headed to Planet Hollywood at the Springs for dinner tonight. I had the double chicken breast with green beans and garlic smashed taters. Very delish.
IMG_2004.JPG

They did an outstanding job with this place. Half of the place is a huge screen, the ither half is four levels of seating. They show various forms of entertainment while you eat.
Tribute to James Bond, varios music vids, and yes friends......wait for it.....yes. A frozen sing along.
IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

So after the moving rendition of Let it Go, we got up and went (after paying the tab of course). We headed to check out the Harley store, Star Wars and Marvel stores, picked up a hat at WoD, checked out LMM, Pin Trader Hit, Christmas and Art of Disney stores, pocked up some plain rice crispy treats (which were unavailable in October for some crazy reason), and walked through the CoOp again. Then it was off to Amorettes for a bit of desert. Yum.
IMG_2016.JPG

By this time we were pooped so back to the resort. As we were heading to the Orange Garage I noticed people were walking over from the third parking area. Tonight is going to be packed at the Springs.

Day two of Uni tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 - Universal Studios

Arrived right at park opening and entered through IoA and took Hogwarts Express to Universal.
IMG_2024.JPG
Single ridered Escape from Gringots while the other three had Butter Bear. Amazing how many families with small children are in the single rider line. :rolleyes:

Rode The Mummy and we had lunch at Monsters Cafe which was much better than yesterdays lunch.
IMG_2047.JPG
What a great themed quick service. Some of my favorite monsters were represented.
IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

A couple in our group had all Universal they wanted so we headed back to the hotel, dropped them off and the boy and I headed back. First attraction to ride was Spiderman. Im wondering when they will update the queue from the animated newspaper heavy theme. We headed over to Hogwarts for a trip through the castle where either some one cast a stinking lightning spell or the lady in front of me needed a reapplication of deoderant and someone to tell her that you dont have to use the flash inside. Either way my eyes and nose were both highly offended.

Then we grabbed the 5:00 Hogwarts Express over to catch Transormers, which was a pretty good attraction. The pre show story set up was really good until they got to the point where the National Security Advisor becomes involved. After that it was lame.
IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

For dinner tonight we headed off resort to Mannys Chop House. Pretty good food at a reasonable price.
IMG_2063.JPG

8oz Prime Rib. Loaded Potatoe, endless salad for less than $20.

So thats a wrap for the Uni portion of our trip. I got to ride a bunch of stuff this time that I did not before having lost a bunch of weight. I was surprised at how screen heavy the attractions are. The ride vehicles are great and the attractions are fun, but if AAs are your thing, Uni isnt the place. Crowds were surprisingly light for a holiday weekend. Never waited more than 50 minutes for an attraction. Overall fun time.

The next two days are off days between Uni and Disney. Lunch tomorrow at Art Smiths. Will do laundry, check out the discount gift shops off property and grt ready to move to the Poly Tuesday.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 - Relax day.

Since this was a day built in to sleep late, I was up at 6:30am. :banghead: Breakfast at the hotel was a freaking madhouse. You would think some people were never going to eat again. One guy literally got a luggage cart to carry food back up to his room.

Lunch today at Art Smiths. We had the Deviled Eggs as an app, I had the Greek salad and the better half had the fried chicken.
IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

Before lunch we hit some off property gift shops.
IMG_2065.JPG

Found a cool Kingdom Hearts tshirt for the boy and some other crap er valuable items.
IMG_2067.JPG

We caught the 5pm showing of PotC-DMTNT at the Springs AMC.
IMG_2080.JPG

Also had time for one of my favorite beverages, Orange Blossom Pilsnar, at the Dockside Margarita Bar.
IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

Tomorrow we move to the Poly for our Disney Parks portion of the trip. I have already checked in online. We have late breakfast ressies at Ohanas for 11:40. Was wondering if you still get leid if you check in online. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 - Checked in to the Poly and wandered around until our Ohanas breakfast ressie.
IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

Got character autographs on some of our daughters sketches (she is an aspiring animator).
IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

Love Disney cast members that go that extra mile. Table next to us young child was terrified of the tiki next to the table so the draped them with table cloths.
IMG_2113.JPG
I was so full when we were done.

Decided to stop by the front desk to get our Leis. The cast member said she could go ahead and get us into our room! First floor facing the MK/Lagoon/ GF.
IMG_2118.JPG

Very close to the GCH and Trader Sams! Love the theming of the room and its quite spacious.
IMG_2116.JPG

After we got settled in and had a nap, we walked over to the Grand Floridian then monorailed over to the Contemporary. Had dinner at Contempo Cafe. Their version of a Chicago Italian Beef sammich is a far cry from Portillos with peppers but it hit the spot. Got back to the poly and decided to head down for a libation next to the pool and tried something new. Very tasty and refreshing.
IMG_2137.JPG

Tomorrow is the MK, Kona breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 - We started this most magical of days with breakfast at Kona. Tasty as always.
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG

We then headed to the MK and caught JC before our PotC FP. Then off to Philharmagic, VotLM and then FP Pan. Lunch at Pinnochio Haus. During our adventure we paused to pay our respects to a fallen favorite.
IMG_2156.JPG

Then back to Main Street for Castle pics.

We then wandered around waiting for our 3:10 FP for 7D. Got some more character autographs and rode TTA which actually was queued up on ground level.
IMG_2169.JPG

Never seen that before. Walked back over to Liberty Square, talked to the CM standing in front of HoP who said early Fall for a reopen.

We then hung out by Sleepy Hollow Waffles in the covered eating area to watch the parade from a distance in the shade and allow the daughter to recover from a massive nose bleed. After about 20 minutes a CM kindly walked over with a Strawberry Waffle and asked us if we wanted one compliments of Disney. Thought that was a nice gesture and it was delish. This was very surprising given the constant barage of "Disney is a money grubbing evil corporate sloth intent on removing all possible cash from its guests" mantra.

Went back for our 7D FP and it was down. Advised our FP would be converted to multiple attraction which it was. Went to HM and it was down. Made our fourth FP for Buzz and grabbed a cool refreshment while waiting. Continued my streak of scoring max points and again was accused of cheating by my kids.
IMG_2171.JPG
Didnt realize I had raised such jealous haters, but what can you do? Ducked into the Emporium to avoid the torrential downpour then mad our way over in front of Town Hall to wait out the rain until a group of teenagers congragated and were reliving their perilous adventure of "literally almost drowning" on Splash Mountain because it started raining while they were on it :rolleyes:. Made our way back to adventure land to wait standby in PotC. After riding it we headed back around to see if HM or 7D were open again and they were. However the FP line for 7D extended all the way back down towards the entrence to Story Time with Belle. We decided we did not need to ride it that bad since we have two or three more FPs for it during the remainder of our stay. We burned our Multi Attraction FP on HM and then went to dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern was our dining location now for the three of us since Mrs 'Matata called and said that she had been puking and stuff since she returned to the room earlier. She didnt miss much as our LTT experience was average at beast. Twenty minutes late in seating us, dry rolls and greasy roast beef and pork. The desert and mac and cheese was the best part of the meal.
IMG_2214.JPG

After dinner we cancelled out extra FP and made our way back to the room where collapsed from general poopedness.

Tomorrow is Epcot and the much in demand "Frozen FP".

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6 EPCOT
Walked to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT. Security at the TTC was quick for the volume of people but was surprised that we had to go through security again when arriving at EPCOT. Guess there is some concern that a monorail could be boarded while in transit and dangerous items provided to ner-do-wellers. Since we had plenty of time before our 3:40 Frozen FP we did SSE standby (40 minutes). After pur jaunt through time we wete famished so we dined at Electric Umbrella where I had the Energy Salad with Chicken (i think thats what it was called)
IMG_2287.JPG
and kids had chicken nuggets and cheeseburger.

We made our way to Mexico where the Three Cab's ride was down for technical difficulties. Made our way around to Germany where I wasnt feeling as energetic as I though I would considering I had an energy salad for lunch so I had me a little pick me up at the recomendation of @Bob. He was correct that the he draft version is better than the can version.
IMG_2311.JPG

After finishing off this energy drink we were ready for our Frozen FP.
IMG_2315.JPG
Neat little attraction that is not worth over about a thirty minute wait.

We then made our way around to Japan as both kids were excited to see all the anime crap...er....stuff at the main store, which unfortunately downsized there anime inventory since we last visited. So now that spirits had been crushed the teenage daughters feet amazingle began to hurt bad so we grabbed a Figment FP for on the way out of the park.

Took the teenager back to the room, checked on mama who seems to have started to feel a little better (hoping for full participation tomorrow since the tickets to Pandora were insanely hard to come by and spensive). The boy and I grabbed a FP for the speedeay at MK and headed there for the evening. I needed a snack and wasnt sure I could wait to find a churro cart so I had a Rick Flare commemorative Coke Zero and a plain Mickey Rice Crispy Treat.
IMG_2329.JPG

I think its special that Disney recognized the contribution Ric has had to the entertainment industry.

On a side note, I have intentionally tried to keep from paying for these types of snacks with snack credits in order to use the credits for more expensive items but it seams that 50% of the cast members dont understand the words "charge to my room not my meal plan". This will be a bit of the negative feedback I have for Mr Iger when we meet for our after action/vacation event.

Succesfully endured the boy driving during our drive through tomorrowland. We then swang by Cosmic Rays for dinner and the velvet voice of Sonny Eclipse.
IMG_2347.JPG
Man that Alien can sing. I also for the first time witnessed someone blatently abusing the toppings bar. Family of eight bought a cheeseburger and three orders of nuggets only and eight cups of water. A stack of tomato slices, pile of pickles and mushrooms, and a bunch of lettuce later they were iff to dine. I get it, its expensive and what not but I dont know if it was intentional or if they just didnt know any better. Either way, this is why these types of things get the axe. I had the grilled Chicken Greek salad. It was the best grilled quick service chucken yet.
IMG_2346.JPG
Grabbed a FP for Big Thunder and rode
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG
And JC, and had a
IMG_2434.JPG
while waiting for our FP time.

Rode Big Thunder in the rain/drizzle and grabbed another FO for PotC gor our final ride before exiting the park.

Tomorrow is our first day to Disneys Animal And Alian Animal Kingdom. I just realized I left my catnip at home so I wony be luring any scantily clad big blue partially dressed cat people.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 - Animal Kingdom

Pandora is a spectacular visual experience. You cant really look anywhere when you are in the land and see anything outside the land. The detail, down to the moss on the rockwork is amazing. The way the valley is arranged, you get the feeling that you are in an area where the rocks are lower to the ground in general and not part of the area from the movie where the rocks go really high into the air. You do see forced perspective being used and this is one of the best jobs if not the best job Ive seen Disney do with forced perspective. One of the issues I will be interested in seeing how Disney addresses this is represented in one of the pics below. Can you spot it?
IMG_2488.JPG

Got a few photo pass photos and then in line for the gift shop. A few tshirts and a couple of Banshees later we tried Satuli Canteen. Had the cheesburger pods and blue desert thingy. All was quite tasty and a nice change from normal quick service. Quite surprising that the entire meal sans the cup were non disposable.
IMG_2507.JPG

After our meal we hung out and watched the drum show where the local humans who have evidently embracedthe Na'vi culture and lifestyle encouraged us to connect and continued talking about connecting. I was getting a bit concerned that a Borg invasion was under way but nevertheless they gave instruments to audience members to facilitate the connecting. After the alien hippie jam session was done we made our way to the fastpass line for the Na'vi River Journey. Just an amazingly themed area. I would imagine a significant amount of design time went in to how to basically create a web of electrical plants safely and that will stand up to the elements. So the bad part about the ride is its too damned short and basically has no purpose other than to float by the tribe choir director. The ride itself, stunning and amazingly done. The integration of video on little screens is what I think sets this apart from the heavily screened Uni attractions. Kudos to Imagineering for pulling this off. I will post some various pics at the end of todays update.

After finishing our time in Pandora, We headed to Africa (still the hottest place in all of WDW in my opinion) and decided to do standyby for Kilimanjaro Safari, 40 minute wait, which wasnt bad. Mind you I have always heard that you see more animals in the morning because they are more active, we saw more animals and closer to the truck than I recall seeing. Could have literally reached out and petted a giraffe if I had been so inclined. Our safari guide was earning his ears as he had someone riding shotgun with him and he had to correct his animal names a couple of times. He did however encourage us to recycle our homes to help the environment. Im affraid I dont love the planet that much...sorry. Having done the Safari, we changed Safari FP to Nemo FP, escorted the teenager to the front of the park and sent her on her way back to the resort as she had become too tired to continue :rolleyes:. :rolleyes: . :rolleyes:.

Headed to TITW for our Nemo show and it began to rain. Broke out panchos (weather gear, not the all you care to eat mexican food buffet where you raise the little flag when you want more) and the umbrella and we waited, in the rain, and waited. After our feet were sufficiently soaked, they let us in, we watched Nemo, I kept thinking that its time for something new in this spot, became severly iritated with lady sitting next to me chewing gum and making that little bubble popping noise about every third chew. The actors took their post musical bow, we re-donned our rain gear and headed for the exit. I cancelled our evening FP for River of Light figuring we could catch it ona hopefully more dry day, or youtube, whichever comes first. We headed back to the resort, pulled out the commercial grade hair dryer and started drying shoes, had dinner at Capt Cooks, reviewed our future days plans, switched our Garden Grille ADR to a 9pm Crystal Palace ADR on Mrs 'Matatas birthday and proceeded to do laundry.

Tomorrow is basically a half day at the studios. Will have to see where fate has us end up, maybe back at DAK EMH to see Pandora lit up like a country whor.......um, like something really lit up.

Random Pandora Pics

IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_2466.JPG
IMG_2467.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 8 - Disneys Hollywood Studios

Breakfast this morning at Capt Cooks then off to wait for the bus to DHS. Made it in time for our 10am FP for TSMM. Then StarLord then a snack of Pretzel and Schoferhoffer. Tower of Terror FP then tried RR but single rider was closed. Off to Star Tours via the gift shop first where we pocked up a few tshirts then our FP for ST. You know your kid is in to SW when he points out that the continuity of our trip was off because we had Lord Vader then we were attacked by vulture droids which were from the earlier show. I became a bit verclempt as this is another level of SW geek than I am. So proud. Lunch at 50s where I had the blue plate special.
IMG_2579.JPG
Our server was Gary who sounded exactly like the narrator from CoP.

After our meal we headed out to park hop to the MK. We got to the MK Monorail station and the bottom dropped out of the skies and mother nature just Let It Go.
IMG_2583.JPG
Kept an eye on a fairly aggressive transportaion CM that was ordering people off the platform, but most people were not inclined to acquiesce. Got a fastpass for IASW and we dawned our Disney panchos and found our way to Fantasyland which quite honestly was a freaking nightmare. Wet mass of humanity that really had no clue where to go or what to do, all muddled together in a plastic Disney Parks Pancho mosh pit. We left the park after finishing our ride.

Got back to the Poly and fought another mass of humanity in Capt Cooks. After my Hawaiian Pork Sammich and cookie we swam back to the room.

Tomorrow is the MK and Be Our Guest for dinner, along we an 80% chance of rain. Yay.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast at Gastons which was a ciniman roll.
IMG_2589.JPG
IMG_2586.JPG
We then we went to Seven Dwarves for our FP and ..... it was down for technical diffulties. Somewhat miffed that I got a generic "we are sorry....blah blah this and how about experiencing that" we walked toward Frontierland which is where our next FP was for Big Tunder.....which was showing as closed for tech difficulties. Waited in stand by for Pooh.....and after 20 minutes we were asked to exit the line due to technical difficulties. We headed to Buzz Lightyear and used our paper FP that we got exiting pooh, did CoP and then checked and 7D was back up. Line for FP was wrapped around the mountain but moved fast. Headed to BTMR. Great ride. Lunch at Cosmic Rays and then watched Festival of Fantasy Parade from the Sleepy Hollow corner by the bridge. Its a great place. Then headed to our HM FP. After HM we watched Country Bears and hung out in the Tortuga Canteen for a while just to cool off and relax waiting for our ADR at BoG. Decided to take in the Story time with Belle attraction since we have not seen it since New FL opened and it was showing a 20 minute wait. After waiting 40 minutes we were in, saw it, and really enjoyed it. Disney did a great job with this. Checked in foe BoG, was seated in the main ballroom and had the rack of lamb.
IMG_2738.JPG

It was danged good. After dinner we hit Pooh and decided to get out of the park before what appeared on radar to be a band of showers. Didnt want to deal with MSUSA post foreworks in the rain.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 10 - Epcot-Studios-Pandora

Today we are hitting Epcot close to opening to get our Land based FPs in as well as shopping in the World Showcase. I will also be thanking @Bob multiple times today and each thanks will represent another Schoferhoffer enjoyed. :D

Really enjoyed the Soarin update. Completed our ride through the land. Surprised to see that they removed the alligator tank from the attraction. Happy to see one of the most important plants for adult beverages represented.
IMG_2743.JPG

Lost my power cord for my cellphone so I had to buy one of the magical ones Disney sells. Could have had two and a half Schoferhoffers for what I paid but I gotsed to have my power. Im the type of person who starts getting jittery when my power indicator gets below 90%. On a side note these swappable recharge cells are awesome.

We shopped through the countries
IMG_2771.JPG
IMG_2837.JPG

and then hopped to DHS to catch Star Wars Launch Bay and TGMR. Really enjoyed the Launch Bay and the movie that went along with it. Glad we did TGMR since its going away. My last pic of my favorite part.
IMG_2886.JPG

Dinner at Chef Mickeys was on par with character buffets.

Then we were off to DAK to catch glowing Pandora where I had an alien adult beverage
IMG_2946.JPG
and we met @George and his family.

Checked out the gift shop again and the void of adoptable banshees. They did have the fake banshees that you could buy though, but it was obvious they were cheap knock offs.
IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG

Pandora is as beautiful at night as it is during the day.
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2960.JPG

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 11 - DAK

Up early for breakfast at 1900 Park fare then off to DAK.
IMG_3037.JPG

Caught FotLK which is always great.
IMG_2975.JPG
IMG_2983.JPG

Then to EE where I did single rider. Then off to ride a banshee. Glad we had our FP+.
IMG_2968.JPG
While waiting in the FP+ line I had a thought. With the banshee shortage in the rookery you would think that a money hungry corp like Disney would have every available pair of adult banshee held up in a barn while they played "Can you feel the love tonight" 24/7 until the baby banshee supply was back to normal. Maybe Disney isnt as greedy as some would lead us to believe. We made it through the screening, were matched with our avatars and experienced the ride. The FoP without a doubt is the best theme park attraction I have ever ridden. The emersiveness, the beauty, the subtle features of the ride vehicle. I would guess a significant amount of time went in to putting that attraction together from start to finish.

We then made our way toward the front of the park and got to Island Mercantile when the heavens once again opened up and it rained hard for a good twenty to thirty minutes. Once it slacked off we hopped to epcot for dinner at Garden Grill. While waiting we ride Figment,
IMG_3060.JPG
watched the Pixar short film festival and rode LWTL, all +1 FPs none requiring more than ten minutes wait before our window.

Dinner at Garden Grill. I was surprised to see it was spinning again. I knew it had been broken and there was discussion around if or when it would be fixed, so I was sruprised to see it moving. By far the best buffet/family style meal we have had on property.
IMG_3092.JPG

Got to this portion of the totation and thought to myself that the people that live there probably get tired of all us peeping Toms.
IMG_3097.JPG

After dinner we headed back to the monorail and back to the resort. Pooped.

Attachments

• IMG_3040.JPG
    IMG_3040.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 12 - Magik Kingdom.

Today may be very brief.

It rained.

We went to the MK later in the day.

We had dinner in the Castle. Took some up close pics of the mural since it was limited access die to fireworks.
IMG_3143.JPG

Rode Space Mountain. Its rough.

Rode BLSRS - scored the max....again

Rode Peter Pan.

Rode HM

Watched CBJ. Front row with only aboot ten people. It was grand.

Rode pirates. Took a rogue wave over the starboard side after the drop. Almost drowned.....not really.

Got photo pass pics on the way out. Also took some nightime pocs on mainstreet.
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3241.JPG

Back to the room for sleep and Epcot tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 13 - Epcot.

Made it through the ridiculous process of two bag check lines over to Epcot. Have pretty much decided that we wont stay at a Deluxe MK resort again until they figure out how to get guests from the Poly to Epcot with one bag check.

Made it to TT for our 11:45 FP just in time for it to be turned into a multi experience due to weather. This was the FP line prior to closure.
IMG_3248.JPG
This is getting old. Wouldn't be so bad if we could use it for Frozen but we cant. Went over to catch Universe of Energy.
IMG_3249.JPG
Judy is still stupid and Bill Nye the Engineer Guy is showing his age compared to how he looked when the footage was shot. It had started raining so we donned panchos and made our way on. Walked through about a fourty square foot area of sidewalk that was about an inch and half deep with water, drenched the feet. Didnt see it as I was pushing the wheel chair. One would think that if Disney could shutter a ride in advance due to impending rain deluge they could drop some orange cones in areas that a small dog could drown in. So with wet feet and shoes we set out around the world showcase to our 2pm lunch at Teppan Eddo.

Lunch was great as usual and entertaining.
IMG_3253.JPG

I was hoping to have a Schoferhoffer as we passed through Germany but the stand they sell it at was closed due to rain. @Bob heads up for your trip later this fall.

After lunch we headed to England to buy tea and stuff at the Twinnings shop. They had a flavor called Gunpowder Green Tea so being the right wing gun lovin wacko that I am I had to buy some. After that grabbed a funnel cake then watched American Adventure.
IMG_3262.JPG
Let the soothing sounds of Voices of Liberty repair the damage that American Music Machine inflicted while we funnel caked.
IMG_3263.JPG

After AA I checked the wait times on the app and it was showing TT still down so we decided to ride Soarin instead. FP for Soarin was a 30 minute wait. Thirty minutes. While in line i opened the app again to check to see if I needed to reschedule Spaceship Earth since Disney has decided to strictly enforce its rules around FP and guess what? Shortly after we burned our multi Experience pass on Soarin, TT was back up. This slightly irritated me and when I say slightly I mean really hacked me off considering our frustrations with FP earlier in the week.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 14 - Magic Kingdom.

Prior to leaving the resort this morning I attempted to get an update on how many credits we had left but,......system was down and they could not get me any information. Today is our last day so I wanted to see how many snack credits we needed to burn with transportable snacks and leave enough for final dole whips of the trip. For some reason you cant get plain mickey rice crispy treats anywhere but the parks or Disney Springs big candy shop. The resorts only carry the ones tarnished with chocolate.

Finally blue skies with white fluffy clouds. It occurred on day ten of the ten day trip.
IMG_3267.JPG

We made our 7D FP. 50% (2 out of four attempts) for our trip. Kind of dissappointing since you are having to plan so far out, but it is what it is. We got Photo Pass pics with the Step Sisters and Gaston.
IMG_3438.JPG
Gaston joked that his arms were too small in the picture that my daughter drew of him.
IMG_3434.JPG

This wrapped up getting autographs for the daughters art work. We were short Fairy Godmother and Belle.

We had lunch at Pecos Bills. Pretty decent Mexican food and great toppings bar.
IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG
Madhouse for seating.

In addition to our FP today we saw Tiki Room and SGE. One a classic and the other a classic piece of poorly thought out garbage.
IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG

Dinner at BoG then shopping down Main Street, back to the Poly for Dole Whip and package pick up (Twinnings delivery) and packing.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Check Out Day -

We ended up with 8 table service, 9 Quick Serve and 11 snacks. Mostly because of the tummy bug that hit a member of our party and we had to cancel a table service early on. We turned counter service into snacks and decided to have dinner at Ohana. So we started the Disney portion of our trip and ended it with Ohana. May be a new tradition.

Breakfast at Kona was delish. I had the eggs benedict and my first French Press.
IMG_3354.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG

I also saved this light pole from destruction by pointing out to a young mans parent that said pole was not intended to be shaken and climbed upon.
IMG_3355.JPG

Dinner at Ohana was ok. I got to have my new favorite beer one last time.
IMG_3363.JPG

Really enjoyed the apps. The shrimp were dry and the steak was cold. By the time they came out I really didnt care because I was full from pork pot stickers and wings.
IMG_3367.JPG

The view for fireworks was phenomenal.

We stayed two more nights off site at the Townplace Flamingo Crossing and hit up The Springs again the following day. Then up at 4am for the 20 hour drive home.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Roadtrip Play List

The Lion King Soundtrack
Moana Soundtrack
Titanic Soundtrack
Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack
Otlander Season 1 Soundtrack
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1
Kingdom Heirs - Various
Hillsong Worship - Let Their be Light
Crowdwer - Neon Steeple
For King and Country - Run Wild Live Free
Hyms - Sam Robinson
Wald Disney World Themepark Album
George Straight - 50 Number Ones
Best of Duran Duran
Dominic Gaudious - Relaxation/Contemplation
Fortissimo - Nova Era
Compilation Dance Party List
  • Single Ladies
  • Uptown Funk
  • Jump On It
  • Staying Alive
  • Cant Touch This
  • Too Legit to Quit
  • Shake it off
  • Gangham Style
  • Bohemian Rhaphsody

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom