Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

*Q*

I kinda scoffed at the idea of a third garage at first, but then I went to Disney Springs last night and both garages were closed because they were full to capacity when I left around 8pm.

Next Big Thing

I kinda scoffed at the idea of a third garage at first, but then I went to Disney Springs last night and both garages were closed because they were full to capacity when I left around 8pm.
I mean even just for CMs it's needed. The entire first floor of Orange is open to DS Employees first before guests, which usually eliminates almost the entire first floor. Disney would prefer employees park in surface lots, but there's no viable way to enforce it and way too many people that work there so they stopped bothering.

But yeah, the garages do fill up still and they then either have you park in the Casting/Speedway lots or over on all of the West Side surface lots. IMO, the Casting lot is actually a bit more convenient now that they have the pedestrian bridge if you absolutely HAVE to park somewhere besides one of the garages.

jt04

Imagine when Rogue One opens.

Figment82

The Lemon lot is the old Marketplace surface parking lot behind the Co-Op/Tren-D/Basin/Once Upon a Toy. It's now used for valet parking.

There's also a Strawberry, Watermelon, Grapefruit, and Mango in addition to the Orange and Lime garages. It's starting to look like the produce section at Publix. ;)

mm121

definitely needed
though this would be a great application for some type of horizontal elevator, as its going to be quite the trek from this third garage across the road to ds

Magic Feather

definitely needed
though this would be a great application for some type of horizontal elevator, as its going to be quite the trek from this third garage across the road to ds
It won't be bad at all. No difference from guests walking from Team Disney or Casting, let alone that this garage will mostly be designated for CMs.

G00fyDad

It's not NEEDED immediately. Remember, they went through 2 years or so where parking was an absolute crap show at DS while building the garages.

The garages don't overflow that often, the main reason for this garage is for CM parking and overflow on the busiest of days.

Okay....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom