Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
:jawdrop: That is huge news!!! So amazing!!!

So exciting!!! I've struggled with the fact that so much of what we're doing on this trip will be "old news" to me, but new to Dylan. I'm ecstatic that we'll have an entire new area to explore together! :inlove:

We had dinner at Tiffens and really enjoyed it.
You might want to consider it for the day you do AK since Pandora will be open
Just my 1.5cents worth ( that is worth 2 cents here in Canada!)

Max

I don't think I can go any longer without Flame Tree- it's been too long already! Haha. But I will keep that in mind for future AK visits once we move and have our AP's! :)

I may have been dancing around a little when I saw this news!!

I'm so happy!! We honestly probably won't ride anything.. Dylan is golfing that morning, giving us a late start to the park. By the time we get there, wait times are going to be outrageous. But that'll give us the chance to just walk around and take everything in. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the rides once we move. :)

TheMouseFan

I'm so happy!! We honestly probably won't ride anything.. Dylan is golfing that morning, giving us a late start to the park. By the time we get there, wait times are going to be outrageous. But that'll give us the chance to just walk around and take everything in. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the rides once we move. :)
I am soooo jealous that you are moving to Florida!! We have 2 AK days planned, so hopefully we will get on both of the rides at least once! I am hoping we can maybe FP+ one on each day if they tier them, or both on the same day if they don't.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm going to miss this by 2 weeks!!!!!! :(:jawdrop::grumpy::cry:

Nooooooo! :( That happened to me last year with Frozen.. we missed it by less than a week. :cry: So I feel your pain!

I am soooo jealous that you are moving to Florida!! We have 2 AK days planned, so hopefully we will get on both of the rides at least once! I am hoping we can maybe FP+ one on each day if they tier them, or both on the same day if they don't.

It still feels like a dream! I'm so excited! :D I'm curious about how they'll handle the tiers.. That'll be the deciding factor on whether or not we get to ride this time!

blreinsel

Original Poster
OMG ! I can't believe they finally announced the opening of Pandora...its good motive for me to convince my Mom we neeeeeeed to go to Florida for my birthday :)

Tell your mom that I neeeeeed you to go also so we can celebrate our birthdays in Disney together. ;)

I'm going to hope for a soft opening!

Yes! That's always a possibility! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

prfctlyximprct

ROL starts Feb. 17 - yay! @prfctlyximprct let's see Joe try to keep you away from WDW now. ;) But, along with good news has to come bad news, I guess. :(

Wishes ends a month before my trip? Noooooo. :cry: Dylan will never get to see it. :arghh: I wish I would have known that my trip last year was my last chance to see it. I would have watched it more than once. :cry::cry::cry:

I was so happy but now I am devastated. Time for wine. :(

LisaBelle

ROL starts Feb. 17 - yay! @prfctlyximprct let's see Joe try to keep you away from WDW now. ;) But, along with good news has to come bad news, I guess. :(

Wishes ends a month before my trip? Noooooo. :cry: Dylan will never get to see it. :arghh: I wish I would have known that my trip last year was my last chance to see it. I would have watched it more than once. :cry::cry::cry:

Yay for ROL :joyfull:!
But NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :cry::(:cry::( Wishes cannot be ending!!!!! It is my favorite. I will join you and @prfctlyximprct in wearing black tomorrow. Watching Wishes during our first family trip to WDW back in 2004 is one of my all time favorite Disney memories. One of those memories where I can hear the music from Wishes and be immediately transported back in time to the exact moment where we sat near Casey's Corner and watched the show in absolute awe. I will never forget the look on the faces of Adam who was 8 and Allie who was 4. Then my eyes locked with my husband's, we had finally made it to WDW and the magic of it all was more than we'd imagined. Still brings tears to my eyes. We are all so sad to see it leave :cry:!

blreinsel

Original Poster
But NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :cry::(:cry::( Wishes cannot be ending!!!!! It is my favorite. I will join you and @prfctlyximprct in wearing black tomorrow. Watching Wishes during our first family trip to WDW back in 2004 is one of my all time favorite Disney memories. One of those memories where I can hear the music from Wishes and be immediately transported back in time to the exact moment where we sat near Casey's Corner and watched the show in absolute awe. I will never forget the look on the faces of Adam who was 8 and Allie who was 4. Then my eyes locked with my husband's, we had finally made it to WDW and the magic of it all was more than we'd imagined. Still brings tears to my eyes. We are all so sad to see it leave :cry:!

That is such a touching story!! :cry: I don't have that strong of a background with Wishes, but I did really really love it! I play the soundtrack all the time and Dylan was even starting to learn the words. Now we have to start all over again, which makes me both happy and sad! I love that there will be several new things for me to experience with him this trip, but I'm equally as disappointed that he won't ever get to experience some of my favorites. :(

prfctlyximprct

What a touching story! I could just cry! I saw someone on twitter post "here's to all those who got engaged during Wishes" it honestly broke my heart! I can't believe it will end!! I bet that trip to Disney will stay with you forever.

My story isn't as memorable, but my first trip to Disney was such a blur. I had noooo clue there were 4 parks and was so blown away with EVERYTHING. It was the year of a million dreams and everything was perfect. My friends and I were about to enter our senior year of high school and it just hit us so hard that we were "growing up." The part where Peter goes, "I wish we'd never have grow up, off to never land!" Seriously made me burst into tears. Wishes has my whole heart. A new nighttime show has some pretty big shoes to fill. :(
5_zps1f92a3bc.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Our flights are officially booked! One more check off of the to do list! :D

So updated plans...

June 6: We're flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh.. Our flight leaves at 10:55am, putting us in Orlando around 1pm. We'll catch ME to the resort and get settled in (hopefully our room is ready) before probably heading to DS for lunch. Maybe some time at the pool and/or resort hopping later in the day? I've never gotten to Disney early enough to go and do anything on arrival day before.. the possibilities are endless! :p

June 13: Our flight home doesn't leave until 9pm! :jawdrop: We had a choice between a few that were all the same price so I asked Dylan what he wanted to do. His response? "We might as well drag it out as long as we can. Let's do the 9pm one." I knew he was my Prince Charming. :inlove: He's thinking about golfing 9 holes in the afternoon after we check out, so that'll eat up some time. We'll grab something to eat after he's finished, maybe hangout at DS for a bit, grab a drink or two somewhere. Again, the possibilities are endless. :D

I'm so excited that we extended our trip by choosing the flights that we did.. Any extra time is welcomed with open arms. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom