Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well my bib number puts me into Corral A, but bc I am a dude I am required to drop back into B bc Corral A is only reserved for girls for the Princess Half.

So based on my number I deduced my placement.

Yeah, I see, we get special treatment. ;)

Sumrdog

Has anyone ever bought the Race Retreat for the Half? Is it really worth the $120? I gather the "private restrooms" are port a potties.
Not in my opinion. I have done 13 races and never thought I wished I had shelled out 120$ for a private porta-pottie or a special tent. I like to wander around before the race too and see everyone's costumes, get photos do the cheesy warm up with the DJ. I don't think you get that experience in the private tent.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not in my opinion. I have done 13 races and never thought I wished I had shelled out 120$ for a private porta-pottie or a special tent. I like to wander around before the race too and see everyone's costumes, get photos do the cheesy warm up with the DJ. I don't think you get that experience in the private tent.

Thanks. From the description, I didn't pickup the private tent start.

dreamfinder

Has anyone ever bought the Race Retreat for the Half? Is it really worth the $120? I gather the "private restrooms" are port a potties.

I haven't, but the worth will really vary from person to person and event to event. The years where it is cold/rainy before an event (see 2010? Marathon weekend, and even the 2017 Marathon) being able to stay warm/dry for the extra time would be well worth it to some people. But other years where it's 50-70 out, then you might see it as a waste. Ditto for the port a potties. If you need to rest a few times before the race, then not having to wait in the long lines might be a plus, but if you are a one and done, then probably not.
For some people, the benefit of the early admission to the Expo alone might be worth it now. Not sure if that is a permanent thing, but they did it in January.

surfsupdon

If i sign up for the princess 5k is there enough time to get to the kids dashes race?
Yes. If the race starts at 6:30a, the official time limit (16min/mile) would have you finished at 7:18. Add about 30mins to allow for Corral waves, and you're probably definitely done running by 830a. And that is on the extreme high side.

tribbleorlfl

Another quick question about the kids races. I see they're being run both Friday or Saturday. Do you just show up whichever day you want to run or are you assigned a day? If they're assigned, is there By way to find out which day in advance if getting their bibs?

My daughter (4) is running for the first time (200 yd dash), but the logistics are tricky. My wife is running the 5k on Friday and running a school function on Saturday, so either way, I have to take my daughter for her race. If it's Friday, I need trequest the day off and bring her out after I drop her older brother off at school.

Also, since the dashes start at 9:30, what's the latest we can (or recommended to) check in/show up? 9?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just got out of the Expo. Bought waaay too much stuff. Love some of this year's NB shoes, but resisted.

Nap time!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sitting on the bus waiting to be transported to Epcot for the 5k. Temperature is in the mid 60s at 4:00am. Gonna be a warm race weekend. :(

The 10k tomorrow all runs through Epcot...so get to run miles around the parking lot, lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2 down, one more to go. Love the medals this year.

I just wish some runners would pay attention to the announcement at the race about runners etiquette. Yesterday, some one actually ran into me. This morning, as I was trying to pass someone after saying, "coming through on your right", the guy threw his arm out and smacked me in the face. But at least he apologized.

Just wish those full of energy kids wouldn't run full speed through a crowd of runners - someone is going to get tripped and their race spoiled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom