"Disney fever"

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ah, "Disney fever" (the only fever I don't mind catching). I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about and probably have experienced it before. Well I currently have "Disney Fever". I've been showing the symptoms of it the past two weeks. When I catch "Disney fever", I try to ease the pain of knowing I'm not at WDW at the moment. I will watch old family videos of our trips to WDW (which I love seeing the parks back in the late 90s early 2000s) and WDW vacation planing dvds, but sometimes that's not enough. I will then break out the numerous photo albums that contain photos of our WDW trips. I cherish those pictures greatly. I will also pull out, look at, and read the vast amount of park maps that I have collected over the years. I also go on the My Disney Experience app and check wait times and park hours. And the last thing that I will do when I have "Disney fever", is I will watch videos of my favorite attractions on you tube. Once you catch the "Disney fever", you never know how long it will last. All of us have our own ways that we cure "Disney fever". What do you do when you've got it?

Last edited:

DfromATX

I am currently suffering from Disney Fever as well. We were there just in July and I already miss it. We are hoping our next trip will be summer 2018... such a long ways from now. I do the things you listed, but I also go to the Disney website and browse around thinking about what resort we might choose. Also, I have been seeing a lot of Disney commercials lately on TV and at the movies, which doesn't help my fever! Do you think all the lands will be finished by summer 2018?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I like to go to the Disney website and put together dream trips (staying in suites, premium dining plan, scheduled activities and tours, and touring plans) for two weeks at a time.

Then I take a look at the bottom line cost -- and that usually brings me out of my Disney Fever pretty quickly.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I am currently suffering from Disney Fever as well. We were there just in July and I already miss it. We are hoping our next trip will be summer 2018... such a long ways from now. I do the things you listed, but I also go to the Disney website and browse around thinking about what resort we might choose. Also, I have been seeing a lot of Disney commercials lately on TV and at the movies, which doesn't help my fever! Do you think all the lands will be finished by summer 2018?
I like to look at the resorts online as well!! Pandora will be open at Animal Kingdom and I would like to think that Toy Story Land and Star Wars land would be complete at DHS but I'm not 100% sure.

Adam Snider

I have it too. I cleaned my apartment yesterday listening to the tomorrowland and Epcot loop. Then me and my wife watched wishes and fantastic on our tv that night. You could say I miss it a little.

Cmdr_Crimson

Today marks my one year countdown going back to WDW...And....Oh GM Chrysler I need to be back in my Happy place...But, at least I can plan everything out well in advance...I have trip money, where I am staying, flights being checked constantly to see of any good airfairs....And when I want some Resort TV on my tv...I go to youtube and put this on...

Goofyernmost

Sadly, I don't get Disney Fever anymore. I looked forward to my move from Vermont to North Carolina because I would be in easy driving distance from WDW. I hoped that my retirement would mean more time to go there. Now, with the new costs for everything, not just there, I don't really feel like I can afford it anymore. I have money, not a lot, but, enough for me to live comfortably for a few years, but, I am not altogether sure that there is enough to last me through life. After what happened to Unkadug, I really shouldn't be nearly this concerned since none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, but, I just can't shake the idea of how I must be extra careful about how I spend my money.

That said, I am heading down to Florida in Mid-February, just for a few days. I have prepaid my hotel between Universal and WDW and have two day tickets for Uni. I have one leftover day on my last non-expiration 10 day hopper ticket. I might use that day or I might just go on property and play some golf (reg and mini) and a quick visit to Disney Springs. Saving my one day for another time. Honestly, more excited about seeing the new stuff at Uni that I haven't had the chance to see yet, but, I might be nice to get a last look at some of the stuff that is rumored to be hitting the dusty trail at Disney.

It's one of those "some habits are hard to break" situations. I have, for quite a while purchased non-expiring tickets, usually for 10 days because it gave me a bit of a break in daily charges over time. My touring habits also enter into it. I explore different things, not just Disney, so I always sort of kept my plans pretty flexible and many times went based on how I felt when I got up in the morning. Now I will have to buy the exact number of days that I plan to be in the parks, no more flexibility with the ability to carry over the left over days if I decide not to use them that trip. So, I still have a few days to decide what I am going to do, but, I'm thinking that I will save my day for when they have opened up the new stuff.

Last edited:

DfromATX

I like to go to the Disney website and put together dream trips (staying in suites, premium dining plan, scheduled activities and tours, and touring plans) for two weeks at a time.

Then I take a look at the bottom line cost -- and that usually brings me out of my Disney Fever pretty quickly.

I've done that too. I guess we will never stay at the GF ha ha. It would literally cost us a fortune to stay there - there's 6 of us so we either have to get two rooms or a suite.

BigRedDad

I get it too, but we are so slammed with everything before I trip, there won't be much time for it to set in. 4 months of 5-days-a-week soccer, all the hated stuff for a lawsuit (depositions, mediation, and potential trial), work, DD finishing elementary school. By the time a "fever" can set in, it will be time to go and deservedly so.

MrHappy

The only fever stronger than the one I crave for more cow bell is the one for Disney. We've been to wdw each year for the last 3 years. My wife and I said we'd wait a few years so the kids are older and we get a little "disney refreshed." But now we find ourselves in the midst of preliminary planning for a trip next year!!!

Schneewittchen

It's kind of a constant low-level thing for me all of the time now. An illness really. Affects almost every part of my life. And DH is an enabler.

I've made park music playlists on youtube, I listen to them all day long at work. My favorite video:

I watch ride through videos with the kids, again on youtube. This gets them whipped into a frenzy:

I go to the Disney store at the mall. I always get them Disney gifts for Christmas and birthdays. My daughter's b-day is coming up, so I took her there this weekend to get new princess dresses for our April trip, a Pocahontas dolly and a Merida bow and arrow to try out on her brother. Ha!

I acquire Disney stuff for the house too. Just randomly get in throughout the year, not just buying it at the Parks. I don't have a Christmas tree, I swear I've got a Disney tree. I've got parks dinnerware, original props from the Contemporary in my living room.

The purse I'm wearing today has Mickey and Minnie on it. Most of my t-shirts are from either WDW or DL.

We watch Disney movies all the time. We have at least 75 DVDs. The kids only watch the Disney channels on cable.

And then I just lurk on these messageboards every day. Chat with people when I have something to say. I read the news items on here, wdwinfo, allears and the other gossipy site which must not be mentioned.

DH and I will just have random conversations about the technology used in the parks, poor executive decisions. intellectual property, what we're going to do on our next trip....

But, most importantly, I compulsively plan my trips up to a year in advance. As soon as I get home from a WDW trip, I make a new folder and figure out when we'll be back. Where we'll stay, where we'll eat, which days for which parks, lists of fastpasses I want to get. Price everything out and start saving.

The kids have the fever too. They don't even realize it. We went to DL back in November, over the weekend my daughter started talking about it: 'Member the Goofy ride. It's scary. I wanna go to Disneyland.

And my son was singing "Heigh Ho" while cleaning his room yesterday. DH laughed and blamed me for it.

Minnesota disney fan

Sadly, I don't get Disney Fever anymore. I looked forward to my move from Vermont to North Carolina because I would be in easy driving distance from WDW. I hoped that my retirement would mean more time to go there. Now, with the new costs for everything, not just there, I don't really feel like I can afford it anymore. I have money, not a lot, but, enough for me to live comfortably for a few years, but, I am not altogether sure that there is enough to last me through life. After what happened to Unkadug, I really shouldn't be nearly this concerned since none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, but, I just can't shake the idea of how I must be extra careful about how I spend my money.

That said, I am heading down to Florida in Mid-February, just for a few days. I have prepaid my hotel between Universal and WDW and have two day tickets for Uni. I have on leftover day on my last non-expiration 10 day hopper ticket. I might use that day or I might just go on property and play some golf (reg and mini) and a quick visit to Disney Springs. Saving my one day for another time. Honestly, more excited about seeing the new stuff at Uni that I haven't had the chance to see yet, but, I might be nice to get a last look at some of the stuff that is rumored to be hitting the dusty trail at Disney.

It's one of those "some habits are hard to break" situations. I have, for quite a while purchased non-expiring tickets, usually for 10 days because it gave me a bit of a break in daily charges over time. My touring habits also enter into it. I explore different things, not just Disney, so I always sort of kept my plans pretty flexible and many times went based on how I felt when I got up in the morning. Now I will have to buy the exact number of days that I plan to be in the parks, no more flexibility with the ability to carry over the left over days if I decide not to use them that trip. So, I still have a few days to decide what I am going to do, but, I'm thinking that I will save my day for when they have opened up the new stuff.

We are going to Universal in the middle of our trip to Disney, staying overnight for the first time at the Royal Pacific, with 2parks days. We never use to even think of Universal while at Disney. But now we are looking forward to spending 2 days at Universal and staying onsite. We still love Disney, but are becoming a little disillusioned lately. There are still magical moments to be had there for us.

JIMINYCR

After the first Disney trip, "The Fever" takes hold and nothing you can do ever relieves you of its long lasting, ever present symptoms. The only short term cure for it is to book a trip. Then it lays dormant inside you while you are at WDW, until check out day and BOOM, it comes back with a fury.

Its hitting me big time right now....DS just approached me with the idea of a short father/son only trip in Oct. Have to convince DW to agree to let it happen. Because we will be flying, DW wont be going. Airlines have destroyed her motorized w/c 3xs in the past when weve flown and the only way we can ensure her getting there so she can enjoy the trip is to drive.

dmatt87

I can't get enough of the fever! I had it before our first trip in 2011 for our honeymoon and it hasn't left me since!

I was fine for about a year or two after our first visit, mainly because we bought our first house and had our first child. However once those projects were "completed", I had a terrible itch to comeback to the world. I said to my wife every few weeks - when our DS is a little bit older, we will be able to book a trip.

Last year my co-worker went in January, it drove me mad... especially since I gave tons of tips and it just made me want it more. This year, one of my FB friend went during the holidays - and posted pictures everyday. At that point it was really itching inside, I started mentioning it more to my wife, in subtle and not to subtle ways.

And finally it happened - my wife thought that our DS (who will turn 4, 4 days before our trip) was ready, and so was she! Since then I've had a bad case of Disney Fever - I researched, I booked and now I'm on forums, the Disney website, in my planning sheets, reading books, watching ride clips, and all sorts of Disney things to hold me off until May.

I just can't wait to be there again, and to see the look on my son's face, and get him hooked like his dad!

Just 110 days left...but who's counting....

I AM!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom