The Physics Club: Roller-Coaster Designs & More...

21stamps

Hey guys! In my normal checking in on "What's in the Shed", this came up on my instagram newsfeed. There's one question that stood out to me, and thought it would be good to ask here. Especially for those of you who are designing coasters for fun!

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

What do you think about lateral forces and airtime? (@Voxel - I'm looking forward to hearing from you..and seeing your completed coaster!)

ETA @S.P.E.W -- if you "like" it, that means you have to give your input too! :)

Suchomimus

Hey guys! In my normal checking in on "What's in the Shed", this came up on my instagram newsfeed. There's one question that stood out to me, and thought it would be good to ask here. Especially for those of you who are designing coasters for fun!

View attachment 187260
View attachment 187261

What do you think about lateral forces and airtime? (@Voxel - I'm looking forward to hearing from you..and seeing your completed coaster!)

ETA @S.P.E.W -- if you "like" it, that means you have to give your input too! :)
tumblr_m9e5kuc9ao1qhyckn-300x214.gif

What input?

21stamps

Nah, I dislike being inverted on roller coasters. But I don't mind airtime and turns as long as it isn't too rough or too fast.
I like all of it. But one of the main reasons I'm so excited for a GCI coaster is that they are increadably smooth. It will be a nice break from the other wooden coasters that I love, but leave me in pain afterwards.

Daveeeeed

Disney really needs a flying coaster

Manta is such a good ride!

I think an inverted coaster would be better for Disney than a flying coaster as to keep the height requirement down, but I would kill for a Hyper Coaster for HWS or MK. I would guess the ride would have to be alone in a corner somewhere for the sight lines:cautious:

Or better yet, an inverted coaster with dark ride scenes at the beginning and then changes to flying for the coaster part.

21stamps

I don't know if this is completely "on topic", but I'm so excited that I have to share!

The new ride opens Friday for Passholder Preview Night!

Technically it opens Thursday if you made a minimum donation of $100 to the Dalton Foundation. People could bid for slots, it's actually kind of neat, almost $40k was raised.
I hope no one posts spoilers of the shed!

I'm also including an article on wooden coasters.. I agree with the article, I think they are classic amusement park, and all of the flashy new hypercoasters still can't beat a wooden.

(Oops posted the wrong link at first) Disney is mentioned, so does that make this post on topic? ;)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ent...s-island-ride-marks-new-park-record/99973838/

Do you think the theming is Matt Ouimet's influence?

IMG_2876.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom