Hilton Head Island Recommendations

nicole3874

Original Poster
We just booked our summer vacation trip to DVC Hilton Head Island Resort for August. We haven't been there in about 5 years. We loved it the first time! Our kids are older now 12, 10, and 7 and we are looking for recommendations for activities and dining. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Yanks07

We were just there Christmas week, rent bikes for sure, we did and loved it, rode to the beach house and walked the beach every day. Old Oyster Factory is still my Fav, went to Cranes tavern and had Prime steak was awesome, we finally toured the Harbour town light house for 1st time in 4 trips, I loved it, lots of history if that's your thing. Have fun, staff there is great, parking blows

YorkshireT

We just booked our summer vacation trip to DVC Hilton Head Island Resort for August. We haven't been there in about 5 years. We loved it the first time! Our kids are older now 12, 10, and 7 and we are looking for recommendations for activities and dining. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
The younger ones will like the fireworks and show down by the lighthouse.
I am from UK and loved HHI when we went (stayed Parmetto Dunes I think it was called opposite Disney). We are just buying Dvc and I was wondering what 7 month availability for a 1 bed for back end of August is like? I'll go back if I can stay at Disney.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The younger ones will like the fireworks and show down by the lighthouse.
I am from UK and loved HHI when we went (stayed Parmetto Dunes I think it was called opposite Disney). We are just buying Dvc and I was wondering what 7 month availability for a 1 bed for back end of August is like? I'll go back if I can stay at Disney.
Well, there is good availability starting August 22nd, but we aren't quite into the 7 month window yet. August is already pretty booked until then. We'll have to check back in a week to see if there is still something available.

YorkshireT

Well, there is good availability starting August 22nd, but we aren't quite into the 7 month window yet. August is already pretty booked until then. We'll have to check back in a week to see if there is still something available.
Thanks for checking, I haven't got my membership number yet so cannot check myself. It would be good to know if the availability is there from 22 August 7 months out. Could you do me a favour and look at Vero Beach from mid August 1 bed, is it possible to string 4 nights together starting say, 20 or 21 August in a 1 bed? I really fancy going there as well.
Cheers.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thanks for checking, I haven't got my membership number yet so cannot check myself. It would be good to know if the availability is there from 22 August 7 months out. Could you do me a favour and look at Vero Beach from mid August 1 bed, is it possible to string 4 nights together starting say, 20 or 21 August in a 1 bed? I really fancy going there as well.
Cheers.
August at VB is completely open for booking. You should have no issues at 7 months there.

YorkshireT

Brilliant thanks for checking.
10 mins ago I just learnt I passed ROFR. I am so excited, I got a great loaded contract.

Perfect ages for your kids. They will all enjoy the campfire sing along and the many pool activities they do at the resort and beach pool. Also ask if they still do this at the beach, but while I was they they had a morning where you and your family could go over to the beach and make Sand Sculptures of sea animals and they provide all the shovels and things like that. It was a lot of fun.

Simba's Mom

We go to DHHIR every November for about 10 days. No kids, though, so not sure of recommendations. Our favorites for restaurants are Poseidon, Skull Creek Boathouse, Black Marlin, Sea Shack and Kenny B's (both super casual), British Open Pub, and Signe's.
Also, ask Gordon in the Mercantile for restaurant recommendations-he used to be a chef, and is quite knowledgable. Also, Gordon just started a wine-tasting offering and it's really good. Actually, any activity he's involved in is good.

We go to DHHIR every November for about 10 days. No kids, though, so not sure of recommendations. Our favorites for restaurants are Poseidon, Skull Creek Boathouse, Black Marlin, Sea Shack and Kenny B's (both super casual), British Open Pub, and Signe's.
Also, ask Gordon in the Mercantile for restaurant recommendations-he used to be a chef, and is quite knowledgable. Also, Gordon just started a wine-tasting offering and it's really good. Actually, any activity he's involved in is good.
You are so correct, Gordon knows his stuff when it comes to restaurants in the area as well as other things related to food. We haven't visited Hilton Head for sometime now so it is great to know he is back to doing some of his food or wine tasting activities again.

nicole3874

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for the recommendations. It has been a few years since we last went to HHI and we are so looking forward to a slower pace vacation. Keep the recommendations coming.

MySmallWorldof4

We have been going every year around Labor Day for the cheaper rates for the last 4 years. Going again the last week in August through Labor DAy. We LOVE it!! The kids have fun doing the arts and crafts activities at the resort. The campfire is lots of fun and the CM's are awesome! Our favorite restaurant is A Lowcountry Backyard. We also have lots of fun playing mini golf at Pirate's Island Adventure Golf.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom