Look what happened to the Stars and Motor Cars floats!

Do You Want the Stars and Motor Cars parade back to Florida(where it belongs & for a new generation)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Our what was the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade from Disney's Hollywood Studios(does anybody remember that parade if you went to the park between October 1st, 2001 and March 8th, 2008), has been insulting some of the parade's cars, Snow White and Monsters Inc. cars were reprinted, Lilo & Stitch were kicked out, and Moana's in their ride(i still love the movie and title character), Walt Disney Studios Paris has been hurting their cars, They should return their cars to Disney's Hollywood Studios now! It's only 55% percent of what it was originally debuted in 2001.

Here's the damage and insulting run from the Paris version of that classic Orlando parade from 100 Years of Magic(New Year's Eve version):

What if the Star & Motor Cars looked like if it was still in Florida(where they were cheering and clapping a lot), and not in Paris(where less people were cheering and clapping):
-Anna & Elsa(blue grand marshal car)
-Toy Story
-Mary Poppins
-Zootopia(where Huey, Dewey, and Louie are in this video, was Muppets in US version)
-Star vs the Forces of Evil or Gravity Falls(currently Ratatouille in the video, was Star Tours in US version, can't reprint SW)
-Mulan
-Wreck-It Ralph(where Donald and Daisy was in this video, used to be Monsters Inc., can't reprint MI)
-Aladdin
-Villains(at least Hades had his ride back, it might be Marvel's Iron Man, Thor & Dr. Strange and labeled as MCU Heroes)
-Inside Out(was Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis at first, now Moana's ride in real life)
-Little Mermaid(Ariel got her fins back!)
-Yo-Kai Watch(as seen on Disney XD USA)(formerly Power Rangers, Hercules at first)
-Disney Junior(featuring Sofia the First)(was Playhouse Disney)
-Snow White(Clarice, Chip & Dale's girlfriend in the car, sadly won't reprint in real-life)
-Mickey & Minnie

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Here were the changes to the parade if it didn't leave Florida for France:
Toyota would be the parade's new sponsor(also the sign would be updated)in 2013.
Anna and Elsa would lead the parade in the blue Grand Marshal car(the Grand Marshals would be appearing before the actual parade)
Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow friends would take over the Muppets car in 2008, until the end of 2015, now it would have been Zootopia's Nick and Judy's car(instead of Donald and Daisy in Paris)
Star Wars would had received a few minor updates like Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker would had been in the car to promote Clone Wars until 2011, Vader would be removed for Captain Rex and Commender Cody, and then to promote the re-release of Episode 1 in 3D, Obi-Wan & Mace Windu would be in the car, R2-D2 would stay, Darth Maul would trail the car, and then in 2015 to promote The Force Awakens, Rey and Finn woudl take over the car, R2 would stay, BB-8 would join him on selected days, and Kylo Ren, First Order Troopers, and Captain Phasma would trail the car(only if they never had it in Paris, where the car was transformed to Ratatouille)
Monsters Inc. would not recieve changes until 2012, where it was replaced and repainted to Wreck-It Ralph and added Ralph and his friend, Vanellope
Villains would recieve a few new villains to the car, Hades would have been removed for Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons in 2007, Dr. Faciler from Princess and the Frog in 2009, and would be overhauled for Marvel in 2014 with Star-Lord and Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy, now it would had been Iron Man, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange in that car(Universal isn't using these characters)
Lilo & Stitch would had been reprinted and replaced by Meet the Robinsons(if the film became that popular)in 2007, Bolt in 2008, Merida from Brave in 2012, and the car would had been used by Joy & Sadness from Inside Out(would had first appeared in 2015)(but in Paris it's now Moana's car)
Power Rangers would have been reprinted to Phineas and Ferb(which was used in California)in 2010, and then it would have been Level-5's Yo-Kai Watch when the show came out in Fall 2015
The Playhouse Disney car would have receive changes, Bear would be replaced by Handy Manny, Little Einsteins would have replaced Jojo and Goliath, in 2011 the car would be Disney Junior, but the fall of that year, Jake replaces Manny in the car, he and Oso would walk instead of Einsteins, in 2013, Sofia would board Jake's ride(if it would have been her ride to this day, if it was still in Florida)
and i think that's clearly it.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. Whatever it may be, let me add that perhaps DLP could run this parade more than once per year. Between two parks there currently is one parade, down from three a few years ago.

[rant]
Then again, that is still be a higher parade average than WDW, which currently has one parade for four parks. I guess projection shows are cheaper. All you need to do nowadays is raze a hub, use something big for a makeshift movie screen, and project Disney YouTube clips on it.
[/rant]

OliveMcFly

I think the only reason I miss it is because I started as PAC for that parade in 2007. I remember seeing them sitting in a tent in CM parking at studios waiting to be packed up. We all said goodbye at that moment :)
I do miss Block Party Bash though. I had friends who would always pull me up to dance and I loved it. It was so much fun!

mickeyfan5534

I genuinely don't see what's any different from the original parade theme wise. A bunch of themed cars with no dancers and a ton of characters? Changed music? Different characters? It's still the exact same parade if we're being honest.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
A bunch of themed cars with no dancers and a ton of characters? Changed music?
They actually shorten the parade's music, and even repeat the score and skip the final reprise of the parade's original song, that's what it looks like in Paris(2009-and still NOT gone yet): (same song, just shorten, 75% of the cars are the same from the Orlando version, Genie's hands were removed, Star Wars car got killed off for Ratatouille which is popular in Paris)
Here's what the original version from Florida looked like(R.I.P. 2001-08): (more excitement, no skipped lines from musical score, people talking about the car of that movie, and many awards that won and welcoming new stars(at that time), and doesn't have any flows)

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Maybe it can be as good, and have a variety of starred filled characters(Disney, Pixar, DXD, DJR, SW), NOT these boring parades that were related to just Pixar stars. Sorry for being off topic big time.

Note: Wish Block Party Bash should have never been to DHS, and would have been finished/history after its DCA run ended, DSMC should have never been in Paris, it would be reimagined, but with an original musical score composed by Bruce Broughton(borrowing some pieces of music from Gordon Goodwin), new sponsor(Toyota), more modern characters(Zootopia, Moana, BH6, Frozen), keeping most of the older cars, and the Play Parade should have ended to make their version of that parade. the order should have been(FROZEN, TS, MP, ZT, SW, MOANA, MI, ALADDIN, BH6, VILLIANS, IO, LM, YKW(as seen on DXD), DJR, SW, MMDG&P)

Note #2: Mickey's car is now unnecessary a blue car for the Paris 25th Anniversary parade, so looks like DSMC, won't be going to California at all(which was never planned, but wish they did before looking at Paris)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom