MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Daveeeeed

Nah. Hollywood Studios needs more.

This is the runner up now. Lol
Have you been? There's no way. Hollywood Studios at least is pretty in Sunset Boulevard etc. Walt Disney Studios only has one pretty area in the entire park: The Ratatouille Mini-land.

I mean the entire park is like Streets of America, but worse. HWS is still far superior in the state it is.

Barcoco

WDS may have more attractions but they're mostly low capacity or very dated. There's no atmosphere to keep you wanting to stick around. I visited both this year and even in it's current state Hollywood Studios beat it hands down. The atmosphere and quality of the environment are excellent. Its just a little light on attractions.

cheezbat

WDS may have more attractions but they're mostly low capacity or very dated. There's no atmosphere to keep you wanting to stick around. I visited both this year and even in it's current state Hollywood Studios beat it hands down. The atmosphere and quality of the environment are excellent. Its just a little light on attractions.
More like way too light on attractions.

Little Mermaid show
Frozen show
Indiana Jones show
Beauty and the Beast show
Disney Jr show
Muppetvision 3-D show
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic night show

7 shows, 5 rides and two walk through exhibits.

While I like the aesthetic of DHS, it's severely lacking in substance. Honestly I think I'd take WDSP over DHS right now.

Daveeeeed

More like way too light on attractions.

Little Mermaid show
Frozen show
Indiana Jones show
Beauty and the Beast show
Disney Jr show
Muppetvision 3-D show
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Fantasmic night show

7 shows, 5 rides and two walk through exhibits.

While I like the aesthetic of DHS, it's severely lacking in substance. Honestly I think I'd take WDSP over DHS right now.
So which is better?

A worse Tot
A worse Rock n' rollercoaster
a super low capacity Crush's Coaster
Almost as good as Spider-Man at IOA: Ratatouille
An inferior to HWS's Backlot Tour

Remember... there is ZERO atmosphere in this park. I hardly count a puny mini-land as much... it's literally like having one world showcase pavilion and then around it a bunch of rides in a parking lot. That is literally the best way to describe WDS.

Hollywood Studios on the other hand... even in its current construction phase still has plenty to do for a day.
Epic Tot
Best Rock n' Rollercoaster
Star Tours
Toy Story Midway Mania
Great Movie Ride
This park at least has an atmosphere.
The two boulevards and Muppets area are all great.

Not to Mention... Fanasmic!

People who all they do is ride hop don't understand what a themepark is: it's about everything.

You should feel immersed in another place from the moment you step through the gates and until you exit. Walt Disney Studios is one hell of an ugly park. It's a shame too because the rides line-up is almost on par with HWS, but the park WDS is just sad. Almost everything are facades, with hardly any landscaping, and done on the cheap.

I spend hours at WS at Epcot not because of the rides, but because of the beautiful everything. Rides yes would be nice to have, but they are far from everything -- they are simply a piece to a massive puzzle. They should be added, and they are what makes a good themepark, but what makes a themepark is having beautiful theming.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Walt Disney Studios (after Ratatouille, the Tower of Terror building itself, and the park's front gate this is how the entire park pretty much looks)
IMG_4842.JPG

Compared to Tokyo DisneySEA's theming or other Disney park theming.
IMG_4843.JPG

Walt Disney Studios was done so cheap they had to put a flat ride essentially on what a lot of concrete looks like: a parking lot. The whole park looks like it's a super ugly backstage.

The Empress Lilly

This week's Paris Islamic terror attack aimed at the Louvre. Fortunately, the situation seems under control, the attack thwarted by a military patrol. Although I'd hate to be in Paris this morning, you don't know if it was a lone wolf, I myself would avoid the obvious touristic targets today and tomorrow, I wouldn't feel safe.

We should get a betting pool going when DLP will be the target!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ack-louvre-evacuated-police-reportedly-shoot/

AndyS2992

This week's Paris Islamic terror attack aimed at the Louvre. Fortunately, the situation seems under control, the attack thwarted by a military patrol. Although I'd hate to be in Paris this morning, you don't know if it was a lone wolf, I myself would avoid the obvious touristic targets today and tomorrow, I wouldn't feel safe.

We should get a betting pool going when DLP will be the target!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ack-louvre-evacuated-police-reportedly-shoot/
Disneyland Paris gets targeted frequently, usuallly suspicious bags or packages left somewhere, usually at the train station outside the parks, just doesn't get reported.

felipenor

WDS is just so ugly... I never thought I'd see such an ugly Disney park. Yes, I had read reports before, but I thought they were exaggerated. They weren't. Ratatouille mini-land is beautiful, Toy Story land is ok. All the rest is awful. I was there last month for 4 days and the original plans were 2 days for each park. I couldn't even spend one whole day in WDS. I spent some 3 hours there and hopped to the other gate.
There's no theming, there's nothing. In front of CineMagique there's a huge empty area. It's like they planned a huge fountain or something for there but couldn't afford it. When you go to Rock & Roller the park looks even worse from behind. Really bad.

The Empress Lilly

Dommage! We were there in early January - wish I had known because it looks like it's a great exhibit!
If you ever return, do check out the Art Ludiques Museum. It is a veritable Disney-related museum, in recent years they have hosted exhibitions about:

Marvel
Pixar
Ghibli
Disney

DC comics up next, although I grew over superheroes around 16, or early 17. My age, that is, not calendar years. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom