BBC Sherlock

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show, so here goes.

Due to the nature of the episodes, it's probably best to discuss anything about Season 4 under a spoiler. There has been enough time since Seasons 1-3 and the Christmas special to talk about them openly.

General thoughts before I get into the newest episodes:
  • DI Greg Lestrade is one of my favorite characters
  • No really, I'm super into Lestrade, both his character, and the fact that he's played by Rupert Graves
  • 24e5f58f2d9a59f3b363ceb9036b9bab.jpg
    :inlove: I love him so much
  • Anyways.... I really enjoy Moriarty, and I like that he was/is able to get under my skin
  • A Scandal in Belgravia is probably a favorite episode of mine. I know it gets some flak, but I really liked Irene Adler
  • The Christmas special let me down. I liked what they were doing with the 'original' Sherlock Holmes ideas, but I wasn't crazy about how it was just a trip to Sherlock's mind palace.
Okay, now on to the new stuff
  • I'm not a fan of how they killed Mary. I've read the stories, so I knew that she was going to die, but it felt cheap.
  • I just thought that in general, The Six Thatchers was a little bit of a mess (though Lestrade was there quite a bit)
  • The Lying Detective, IMO, was much better
  • Toby Jones creeps me out in nearly all of his roles, so he did a spectacular job with that in this epiosde
  • I genuinely thought that Eurus was Moriarty in heavy prosthetics and a wig for a hot second
  • Seriously, did not see that ending coming, the actress playing Eurus/Faith/E is great
  • I am almost positive that Sherrinford is a place, not a person...
  • ... like a prison...
  • ... That is housing Moriarty (I think he's coming back in the next episode!)
  • However, Moriarty being alive does complicate the Holmes Bros relationship. Sherlock is convinced Moriarty is dead (per the Christmas special). If he's alive, that's something that Mycroft has been keeping from Sherlock.
  • I was freaking out about the text noise from Sherlock's phone. Irene come back!!!

raw
Yes I do miss you, come back to the show, be alive or something.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show, so here goes.

Due to the nature of the episodes, it's probably best to discuss anything about Season 4 under a spoiler. There has been enough time since Seasons 1-3 and the Christmas special to talk about them openly.

General thoughts before I get into the newest episodes:
  • DI Greg Lestrade is one of my favorite characters
  • I really enjoy Moriarty, and I like that he was/is able to get under my skin
  • A Scandal in Belgravia is probably a favorite episode of mine. I know it gets some flak, but I really liked Irene Adler
Okay, now on to the new stuff
  • I'm not a fan of how they killed Mary. I've read the stories, so I knew that she was going to die, but it felt cheap.
  • I just thought that in general, The Six Thatchers was a little bit of a mess (though Lestrade was there quite a bit)
  • The Lying Detective, IMO, was much better
  • Toby Jones creeps me out in nearly all of his roles, so he did a spectacular job with that in this epiosde
  • I genuinely thought that Eurus was Moriarty in heavy prosthetics and a wig for a hot second
  • Seriously, did not see that ending coming, the actress playing Eurus/Faith/E is great
  • I am almost positive that Sherrinford is a place, not a person...
  • ... like a prison...
  • ... That is housing Moriarty (I think he's coming back in the next episode!)
  • However, Moriarty being alive does complicate the Holmes Bros relationship. Sherlock is convinced Moriarty is dead (per the Christmas special). If he's alive, that's something that Mycroft has been keeping from Sherlock.

raw

Toby Jones teeth! Just creepy. Of course he was bad they gave him yellow teeth!

I also thought it was Moriarty in a wig and makeup for a second.

The fact that Mycroft would keep things from Sherlock is no surprise.

The hug between Sherlock and Watson was amazing!

So is Eurus working with Moriarty?

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Toby Jones teeth! Just creepy. Of course he was bad they gave him yellow teeth!

I also thought it was Moriarty in a wig and makeup for a second.

The fact that Mycroft would keep things from Sherlock is no surprise.

The hug between Sherlock and Watson was amazing!

So is Eurus working with Moriarty?
Legitimately everything outside of HP has made me scared of Toby Jones.

As soon as Eurus took out one of her contacts and the accent changed, I could have sworn it was going to be Moriarty. Like I'm mostly glad that it wasn't, but.... the show hasn't really been the same without dear old Jim. Of the major villains that we've seen though, Toby Jones wins a close second place for creepiest (Moriarty still wins that for me)

Mycroft would totally keep it from Sherlock, but what would be the point? And how did Moriarty live? We still don't know how Sherlock survived the fall.

I definitely think Eurus is working with Moriarty, but I don't know under what capacity. There's definitely a part of me that's thinking about 'The Storyteller'. Like, what if the Storyteller was real after all and was really just a plant for Eurus.
:grumpy:

This is why I had trouble sleeping last night. All I could think about was Sherlock, Moriarty, Eurus, and Mycroft, and what kind of twisted relationship all of this could turn out to be (I don't think Moriarty is a secret relation or anything, just that he probably has worked with Eurus).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Legitimately everything outside of HP has made me scared of Toby Jones.

As soon as Eurus took out one of her contacts and the accent changed, I could have sworn it was going to be Moriarty. Like I'm mostly glad that it wasn't, but.... the show hasn't really been the same without dear old Jim. Of the major villains that we've seen though, Toby Jones wins a close second place for creepiest (Moriarty still wins that for me)

Mycroft would totally keep it from Sherlock, but what would be the point? And how did Moriarty live? We still don't know how Sherlock survived the fall.

I definitely think Eurus is working with Moriarty, but I don't know under what capacity. There's definitely a part of me that's thinking about 'The Storyteller'. Like, what if the Storyteller was real after all and was really just a plant for Eurus.
:grumpy:

This is why I had trouble sleeping last night. All I could think about was Sherlock, Moriarty, Eurus, and Mycroft, and what kind of twisted relationship all of this could turn out to be (I don't think Moriarty is a secret relation or anything, just that he probably has worked with Eurus).

I find it very interesting the Eurus was playing Sherlock and Watson for a VERY long time. Someone who is possibly smarter than Sherlock is very interesting. Plus keeping an eye on him and everyone around him for a long time. It seem Sherlock has no clue he has a brother so his could get interesting.

I would love to see Moriarty come back. Definitely my favorite villian. I hope all the teases of him are not a red herring for Eurus.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I find it very interesting the Eurus was playing Sherlock and Watson for a VERY long time. Someone who is possibly smarter than Sherlock is very interesting. Plus keeping an eye on him and everyone around him for a long time. It seem Sherlock has no clue he has a brother so his could get interesting.

I would love to see Moriarty come back. Definitely my favorite villian. I hope all the teases of him are not a red herring for Eurus.
What I'm curious about is whether or not Eurus is a sister or is MtoF transgender? I'm trying to remember the quote from last season about the third Holmes sibling. Did they ever specifically say brother?

I really think Sherrinford is a place (a prison), not a person. It's a good way to throw people off, with Mycroft and Lady Smallwood discussing it, but being exceptionally vague about what it is. I know that there was a quote in the episode about people tending to stop looking after three, but I really think it's a place that's Moriarty's being kept.

We've seen characters beat Sherlock before, but Moriarty and Magnussen did it the best. The former literally hid in plain sight with Molly, and the latter tricked Sherlock into thinking there was a vast compound of blackmail hidden somewhere. Eurus seems like she's more like Moriarty. Definitely hiding in plain sight, tricking John in particular on several occasions. I wouldn't really mind if Eurus was along the lines of Moriarty's Sebastian Moran, since the show's take on Moran was pretty weak IMO.

Last edited:

Nemo14

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a fan, but I'll tell you I had trouble sleeping last night after watching the Six Thatchers Saturday night and then The Lying Detective last night. I too thought that Eurus would turn out to actually be Moriarty, and my husband isn't convinced that she isn't. Best show on TV though - hands down!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a fan, but I'll tell you I had trouble sleeping last night after watching the Six Thatchers Saturday night and then The Lying Detective last night. I too thought that Eurus would turn out to actually be Moriarty, and my husband isn't convinced that she isn't. Best show on TV though - hands down!
You're welcome! The show is 6 1/2 years old, so I'm really surprised that there wasn't a thread for it, especially after the cliffhanger endings of Season 1, and Season 2... and Season 3.
If Eurus really is Moriarty in a disguise to rival Mrs. Doubtfire, I will flip $#*! I kind of want her to be him.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Spoilerly article about the events from last night:
And Mycroft's quote from last season was "I'm not given to outbursts of brotherly compassion. You know what happened to the other one."
I can't remember what Sherlock's reaction to that was, but Mycroft never specifically said there was another brother. Just that his own brotherly compassion wasn't extended upon his siblings.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
The east wind quote is rather intriguing.
I am genuinely curious as to how all of this will end. Is Eurus working on her own? Is she involved with Moriarty? What does Mycroft know that everyone else doesn't?????????

Nemo14

No problem. I'm still wrapping my head around the finale, will probably post something about that later. The 2nd episode was probably my favorite of the 4th season.
I was very disappointed in the finale - reminded me of Super Heroes rather than Sherlock. By far my favorite was episode 2 this season.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I was very disappointed in the finale - reminded me of Super Heroes rather than Sherlock. By far my favorite was episode 2 this season.
What I loved about Episode 2 was that it was focused on the mystery. Episodes 1 and 3 were a little too action-y (which has always been a part of Sherlock), and there some things in Episode 3 that didn't have a proper conclusion- or at least they didn't in the PBS edit.
Example:
Molly effing Hooper. There needed to be a conclusion to that. Eurus and Sherlock put her through so much pain, and what do we see at the end of the episode? Molly literally skipping into 221B Baker Street. That was not okay. At all. We needed to see Sherlock explain and apologize to Molly, and I am hoping that it was cut out of the PBS broadcast, and not that it just wasn't filmed at all. Incredibly lazy writing there. /SPOILER]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom