Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

sheriffwoody

Just now seeing this pre-trip report! Love your ADR selections. Cali Grill is one of my favorites :inlove:. It'll be here before you know it! I love that you're getting to take your boyfriend for the first time. I bet your enthusiasm will totally rub off on him and he'll become addicted too :D

blreinsel

Original Poster
Just now seeing this pre-trip report! Love your ADR selections. Cali Grill is one of my favorites :inlove:. It'll be here before you know it! I love that you're getting to take your boyfriend for the first time. I bet your enthusiasm will totally rub off on him and he'll become addicted too :D

I love my ADR's too!!! :D This is such a once in a lifetime trip.. our first trip together and his first trip ever. There will never be another exactly like this one and that makes me so excited! He just HAS to love it. :p I'll be extra enthusiastic and hope that at least a little bit rubs off on him!

DisneyPrincess5

How exciting! Congrats on your first upcoming trip together! It'll be quite different from any trip before, in great ways. While my DH adores Disney, he hates crowds and everything and anything too fast paced. I'm somewhere in the middle so we make an effort to go slow and take in everything to make it calm for us/him while still experiencing everything.

I love how you said you need him to love it:joyfull: Is that isn't the prayer and plea of every Disney adorer about their less enthused travel partner, then I don't know what is!!

Looks like you've got great plans. Cali Grill at 9pm on a Friday? Nice! Happy continued planning! June will be here so fast.

blreinsel

Original Poster
How exciting! Congrats on your first upcoming trip together! It'll be quite different from any trip before, in great ways. While my DH adores Disney, he hates crowds and everything and anything too fast paced. I'm somewhere in the middle so we make an effort to go slow and take in everything to make it calm for us/him while still experiencing everything.

I love how you said you need him to love it:joyfull: Is that isn't the prayer and plea of every Disney adorer about their less enthused travel partner, then I don't know what is!!

Looks like you've got great plans. Cali Grill at 9pm on a Friday? Nice! Happy continued planning! June will be here so fast.

Dylan is kind of the same way with crowds and fast paced activities, so I'm really hopeful that I can eliminate as much of those factors as possible with some strategic planning. It'll make all the difference for him! When we did Uni/IOA this past summer his biggest "annoyance" was me and my stress over nothing! Lol. So I guess maybe I should focus on keeping myself in check rather than worrying about him. ;)

If he loves Disney even remotely close to as much as I do, my life will be complete! :inlove:

I'm still in shock over my Cali Grill ADR! Now all I can hope for is a great seat along the windows. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Okay everybody... advice needed!

Sanaa will be a new restaurant this trip and one thing I know that I am DEFINITELY getting is the bread service. However, I'm at a total loss as far as which bread and sauces to get. I'm a pretty picky eater so don't want anything too "weird." I also hate spicy.. I'm a total wimp. As in "can't handle mild wings" wimp. I think I'd prefer savory over sweet as well.

So based on those things, what are the best choices in your opinion? I'll include the offerings according to the official Disney menu below to help you out. :) Thanks in advance!

Choice of Five Breads
-Traditional Naan
-Garlic-Ginger Naan
-Spiced Naan
-Onion Kucha
-Paneer Paratha

Choice of Three Accompaniments
-Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
-Mango Chutney
-Tomato-Date Jam
-Tamarind Chutney
-Coriander Chuntey
-Garlic Pickle
-Red Chile Sambal
-Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member

Sanaa will be a new restaurant this trip and one thing I know that I am DEFINITELY getting is the bread service. However, I'm at a total loss as far as which bread and sauces to get. I'm a pretty picky eater so don't want anything too "weird." I also hate spicy.. I'm a total wimp. As in "can't handle mild wings" wimp. I think I'd prefer savory over sweet as well.

So based on those things, what are the best choices in your opinion? I'll include the offerings according to the official Disney menu below to help you out. :) Thanks in advance!

Choice of Five Breads
-Traditional Naan
-Garlic-Ginger Naan
-Spiced Naan
-Onion Kucha
-Paneer Paratha

-Mango Chutney
-Tomato-Date Jam
-Tamarind Chutney
-Coriander Chuntey
-Garlic Pickle
-Red Chile Sambal
For like $4 more you can get all the accompaniments. No need to choose.

lostpro9het

Choice of Five Breads
-Traditional Naan
-Garlic-Ginger Naan
-Spiced Naan
-Onion Kucha
-Paneer Paratha

-Mango Chutney
-Tomato-Date Jam
-Tamarind Chutney
-Coriander Chuntey
-Garlic Pickle
-Red Chile Sambal
Its $15 for the bread and all the accompaniments, just get them all since its your first time. You'd be surprised how fun and tasty it can be to try them all while mixing and matching them. Go big or go home girl!

blreinsel

Original Poster
For like $4 more you can get all the accompaniments. No need to choose.

Its $15 for the bread and all the accompaniments, just get them all since its your first time. You'd be surprised how fun and tasty it can be to try them all while mixing and matching them. Go big or go home girl!

Good to know.. thanks! What about the actual bread? Which one is the best?

RyPat

You get one of each regardless but if I had to pick it would be a draw between the spiced and the garlic. IMO, there isn't a bad one.

I agree. I enjoyed all of them.

I second (or third?) all of this. They're all just so good....

samantha788

I don't know how I missed this but I am SO excited for you!
I'm excited for you to go to Kona Cafe! :) We love it! And super jealous of Ohana and California Grill - top of my wish list!
Your Dylan story was so cute:inlove:
YAY :) Can't wait for more!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I don't know how I missed this but I am SO excited for you!
I'm excited for you to go to Kona Cafe! :) We love it! And super jealous of Ohana and California Grill - top of my wish list!
Your Dylan story was so cute:inlove:
YAY :) Can't wait for more!!

Thank you!!! :) I'll never stop being excited over my ADR's! When I think about my trip, I think about them more than the rides, characters, parades, or anything else lol!

Wait until you see our Beauty and the Beast shirts... ;)

MerMom1981

Your ADR's soubd great!
I tried Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time last summer, and definitely recommend it! Taking the ferry from MK was a relaxing transition too.

Congrats on snagging a Wishes table at Cali Grill! It feels like a victory of some kind, right?

Is Blaze Pizza the place you want to try at Disney Springs? If so, I approve! ;);)
We have a few Blaze locations in the Chicago area, and I love it! I was so excited to hear they opened at DS!

I too am the planner in my relationship, while my husband goes with the flow. He doesn't enjoy the pre-planning process, but he appreciates the perfectly curated itinerary I provid!
I know you'll plan a great trip, and I hope your man comes to love the Disney experience!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Your ADR's soubd great!
I tried Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time last summer, and definitely recommend it! Taking the ferry from MK was a relaxing transition too.

Congrats on snagging a Wishes table at Cali Grill! It feels like a victory of some kind, right?

Is Blaze Pizza the place you want to try at Disney Springs? If so, I approve! ;);)
We have a few Blaze locations in the Chicago area, and I love it! I was so excited to hear they opened at DS!

I too am the planner in my relationship, while my husband hours Rejuvenation the fire. He doesn't enjoy the pre-planning process, but he appreciates the perfectly curated itinerary I provid!
I know you'll plan a great trip, and I hope your man comes to love the Disney experience!

I love taking the ferry so that'll probably be how we get to the GF Cafe too! :) The Wishes table is definitely a major victory in my book.. or in any Disney lover's book. ;)

Yes, Blaze Pizza! I've seen it in a few other TR's and it looks so yummy! I always find myself craving pizza partway through my trips so I think it'll hit the spot!

I'm actually grateful that Dylan is letting me have total control over planning.. I've put so much thought into making it the perfect trip for both of us, and I know he'll be appreciative. :) Hopefully it's enough to convert him!

joshsprincess921

So very exciting! My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in early May and it will be his first time as well. I didn't think he would even agree to a Disneymoon, but he knows it will make me so happy, so he's on board. We have a 3 year old and his argument before was that he wanted to experience it for the first time with our son, but my argument was that he needed to experience it sans kiddo first b/c it will be so different! I am so nervous though! Like Dylan, he's laid back and go with the flow. I just really want him to enjoy it. He loves to eat, so I've got some good ADR booked. I haven't gotten around to a pre-trip report, but maybe soon!

blreinsel

Original Poster
So very exciting! My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in early May and it will be his first time as well. I didn't think he would even agree to a Disneymoon, but he knows it will make me so happy, so he's on board. We have a 3 year old and his argument before was that he wanted to experience it for the first time with our son, but my argument was that he needed to experience it sans kiddo first b/c it will be so different! I am so nervous though! Like Dylan, he's laid back and go with the flow. I just really want him to enjoy it. He loves to eat, so I've got some good ADR booked. I haven't gotten around to a pre-trip report, but maybe soon!

How fun!!! I've already warned Dylan that our (someday) honeymoon will be at Disney, though we'll probably incorporate a Disney cruise as well! I agree that experiencing it first without kids is a must.. It really gives you the chance to take everything in and get acquainted with the magic that is Disney. My fingers are crossed for both of us that they fall in love with the place that makes us so happy. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Many of you have seen me talking about this in other reports, but I'm so excited that I figured I might as well post here too. :) Dylan and I have made the decision to move to Florida in July. Our tentative plans are to settle somewhere in Lake County, which is about an hour (maximum) from WDW. I still can't believe that this is actually happening.. it doesn't seem possible! I've always dreamed about moving but wasn't sure that I'd ever actually do it.

I have a teaching degree and have just been subbing in PA while I complete my Master's degree. I'm graduating in May so it just seems like the perfect time to pick up and move before we have anything tying us down here. Dylan also has a teaching degree but is looking to get out of education, so he's currently exploring his options and trying to decide what he wants to do when we get there.

The thought of being an annual passholder and being able to go JUST BECAUSE on any day of the week is so surreal! I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, and just so many other things that I'm not able to do being a teacher in PA. Disney date nights on a weekly basis? If that doesn't make you giddy then we can't be friends. ;)

So that's it for now! I'm 144 days out and am driving myself crazy because there's nothing else planning-wise that I can do right now! I guess I'll just devote my energy to preparing for our move. :)

joshsprincess921

Many of you have seen me talking about this in other reports, but I'm so excited that I figured I might as well post here too. :) Dylan and I have made the decision to move to Florida in July. Our tentative plans are to settle somewhere in Lake County, which is about an hour (maximum) from WDW. I still can't believe that this is actually happening.. it doesn't seem possible! I've always dreamed about moving but wasn't sure that I'd ever actually do it.

I have a teaching degree and have just been subbing in PA while I complete my Master's degree. I'm graduating in May so it just seems like the perfect time to pick up and move before we have anything tying us down here. Dylan also has a teaching degree but is looking to get out of education, so he's currently exploring his options and trying to decide what he wants to do when we get there.

The thought of being an annual passholder and being able to go JUST BECAUSE on any day of the week is so surreal! I'll be able to go to all of the parties, F&W, and just so many other things that I'm not able to do being a teacher in PA. Disney date nights on a weekly basis? If that doesn't make you giddy then we can't be friends. ;)

So that's it for now! I'm 144 days out and am driving myself crazy because there's nothing else planning-wise that I can do right now! I guess I'll just devote my energy to preparing for our move. :)

Soooo jealous! My sister lives in Lakeland which is Polk County. Every time I visit her I wish that I lived there. It's so nice and there are always things going on down there. We went to a cool food truck rally last time I was there. She's a teacher as well and she goes on and on about how great the education system is there, so that could be something to look into. Much luck to you and Dylan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom