Any zootopia meet and greets?

brb1006

Judy and Nick were meetable during the 2016/2017 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party but that's about it. You can only see the characters from Zootopia during the Movie It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and during the Halloween pre parade as the Creepa Crew.

They are meetable everyday at Disneyland at DCA near the Hyperion Theater.

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
Judy and Nick were meetable during the 2016/2017 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party but that's about it. You can only see the characters from Zootopia during the Movie It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and during the Halloween pre parade as the Creepa Crew.

They are meetable everyday at Disneyland at DCA near the Hyperion Theater.
Thanks so much!

brb1006

I remember they did a quiet meet and greet at Animal Kingdom sometime in April or March 2016 for a special showing of the film. It might had been a private event or exclusive to certain members.

21stamps

Like Brb said, they are in the move it and shake it street party.. what's really neat is that you can dance and iteract with them, and there are photopass photographers around to snap your photo.

Yert3

I really don't get why Disney isn't cashing in on the Zootopia popularity with some awesome merchandise. I've seen some arguments saying it's because it's mostly adults who are Zootopia fans therefore they don't want to make any toys or collectibles. It's a stupid argument though, because I know a lot of adults who buy toys and collectibles. And before I get people attacking me saying there has been merch, yes, there has. I have a plush Judy and Nick. But when I was there in December I didn't see a single thing and I looked HARD. I see more Zootopia merch at Target than I do at WDW. It's sad.

Last edited:

22YrsDVC

I really don't get why Disney isn't cashing in on the Zootopia popularity with some awesome merchandise. I've seen some arguments saying it's because it's mostly adults who are Zootopia fans therefore they don't want to make any toys or collectibles. It's a stupid argument though, because I know a lot of adults who buy toys and collectibles. And before I get people attacking me saying there has been merch, yes, there has. I have a plush Judy and Nick. But when I was there in December I didn't see a single thing and I looked HARD. I see more Zootopia merch at Target than I do at WDW. It's sad.
I concur with your prognosis, Doctor! If a movie about anthropomorphized animals doesn't belong in the Animal Kingdom, I don't know what does. I'd be jumping at the chance to meet Officer Hopps, quick, like a bunny. And what about Lemming Pawsicles? Meet, greet, and sweets - all at the same time while driving revenue? Can I get a percentage of that deal if Disney decides to do it?

Yert3

I feel like a Zootopia land at Animal Kingdom could do well.
I've seen people on here suggest turning Rifiki's Planet Watch into Zootopia. It would even be cool if they turn the train that takes you there into the Zootopia express, perfect actually. I know it doesn't fit the theming of Animal Kingdom, but Disney stopped caring about theming along time ago, (just look at Tomorrowland for example) so why not?

MarkTwain

Disney's whole handling of Zootopia's popularity has been surprising and disappointing. You go to a Disney store and it's Moana all over the place and no Zootopia anywhere, despite the fact Zootopia has (so far) been the much bigger box office hit. I'm guessing they either weren't expecting Zootopia's level of success, didn't know how to capitalize a movie like Zootopia vs. a princess movie like Moana, or (as you said) simply don't care to go after the older Zootopia audience the way they do with younger kids. All three are a shame though.

Yert3

I'm guessing they either weren't expecting Zootopia's level of succes
I don't think they were. But honestly, was anybody? I wasn't. Now, it's probably my favorite movie of all time. I cringed when they played the DMV segment before force awakens (I know everybody loves that scene, but to me, it's the worst part of the movie) I thought it was going to be terrible, but I've never been so happy to be so wrong. If it wasn't for the 100% rotten tomatoes gave the movie, I probably never would have gone to go see it.

Tk0021

We went in June 2016 and saw some Zootopia characters in the street party. My daughters loved the movie and we looked all over the place for plush and toys, but couldn't find any. We were told by cast members that they had some but ran out. We were told several times that animal kingdom would have them, but when we got there we were sent on a wild goose chase to each store in the park.

Otterhead

We went in June 2016 and saw some Zootopia characters in the street party. My daughters loved the movie and we looked all over the place for plush and toys, but couldn't find any. We were told by cast members that they had some but ran out. We were told several times that animal kingdom would have them, but when we got there we were sent on a wild goose chase to each store in the park.
There's been no Zootopia merchandise at all, despite what CMs said. Not a single t-shirt, toy, or plush was available when I was there a few months back. It's completely bizarre.

Fox&Hound

I don't think they were. But honestly, was anybody? I wasn't. Now, it's probably my favorite movie of all time. I cringed when they played the DMV segment before force awakens (I know everybody loves that scene, but to me, it's the worst part of the movie) I thought it was going to be terrible, but I've never been so happy to be so wrong. If it wasn't for the 100% rotten tomatoes gave the movie, I probably never would have gone to go see it.

I agree! I fully expected it to be a Disney "B" movie and boy was I surprised! What a fantastic movie that caught a lot of people off guard. Would love to see a M&G added besides the dance party (I was able to snap a few pics of Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom