working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Got in a quick walk this evening. Made a couple of turkey burgers. They were a bit dry, but still OK.
It is warming up nicely and most of the snow and ice is gone except for in the shady areas. Forecast calls for temps in the 70s by Friday. Such is weather in the south in Winter. Snow, ice and single digit temps on Saturday, 70 the following Friday.

Turkey burgers don't do it for me. If I have ground turkey, I'll use it in chili--comes out great.

epcotisbest

Turkey burgers don't do it for me. If I have ground turkey, I'll use it in chili--comes out great.

Yeah, turkey burgers can be a little bland. I sautéed some onions and peppers to top these and drizzled it all with some hotsauce, so it was flavorful. No bun. Did not bother to take any photos, but just as well. Served it with a basic salad with ranch dressing, a nice combination.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, turkey burgers can be a little bland. I sautéed some onions and peppers to top these and drizzled it all with some hotsauce, so it was flavorful. No bun. Did not bother to take any photos, but just as well. Served it with a basic salad with ranch dressing, a nice combination.

I'm sure you did the best job you could do with a turkey burger. For me, turkey burgers have been right up there with veggie burgers--:hungover:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Got in a quick walk this evening. Made a couple of turkey burgers. They were a bit dry, but still OK.
It is warming up nicely and most of the snow and ice is gone except for in the shady areas. Forecast calls for temps in the 70s by Friday. Such is weather in the south in Winter. Snow, ice and single digit temps on Saturday, 70 the following Friday.
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I hope LOL The roads are still dicey so I'm not sure if my little angels and the big pain in the tushie will be here or for how long. It's a no cooking day YEA just veggie chopping. :joyfull: I got a bit ambitious yesterday and also cooked up ground chicken, carrot, onion, kale, peas, and garlic mixed in some paprika then tossed it with a light "cream" sauce then tossed with brown rice pasta for thee boys. As far as my morning workout a double dose of JM's ripped in 30.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I'm trying to motivate myself to drop the 2 pounds I gained over Christmas and New Year's. But a little bit of my ambivalence has to do with the new "good stress" (as the expression goes), when you're under stress, but for a good reason--such as learning my new job at work. However, I've picked up a few high carb and sugary snacks there to compensate. :cautious:

Now, if stress messes people up, isn't either "good' stress of "bad" stress an oxymoron to begin with? I mean what's so good about freaking out and reaching for treats all day? o_O (They were tasty though! ;) )

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I'm trying to motivate myself to drop the 2 pounds I gained over Christmas and New Year's. But a little bit of my ambivalence has to do with the new "good stress" (as the expression goes), when you're under stress, but for a good reason--such as learning my new job at work. However, I've picked up a few high carb and sugary snacks there to compensate. :cautious:

Now, if stress messes people up, isn't either "good' stress of "bad" stress an oxymoron to begin with? I mean what's so good about freaking out and reaching for treats all day? o_O (They were tasty though! ;) )
Maybe you'll get lucky and burn those calories shoveling snow:confused: Not something I do but to each their own

epcotisbest

That is interesting. I have not heard of or read about good stress but just thought of an example. I am stressed while driving in city traffic like to the airport the other day, but that stress makes me more alert to the traffic around me, more aware of the other lanes and more careful behind the wheel, so I guess that is good stress.

epcotisbest

Good morning I hope LOL The roads are still dicey so I'm not sure if my little angels and the big pain in the tushie will be here or for how long. It's a no cooking day YEA just veggie chopping. :joyfull: I got a bit ambitious yesterday and also cooked up ground chicken, carrot, onion, kale, peas, and garlic mixed in some paprika then tossed it with a light "cream" sauce then tossed with brown rice pasta for thee boys. As far as my morning workout a double dose of JM's ripped in 30.

That chicken dish sounds tasty. I like reading about your creative combinations.

epcotisbest

I don't mind turkey burgers, but I don't like chicken burgers. Too dry.

It would take an act of congress to get me to try a veggie burger. :D
I have tried veggie burgers before. If you load the burger with lots of tomatoes, onion, lettuce, pickles and plenty of condiments, it is passable. Had one based on black beans that was OK, but the texture was a bit off.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! It is gloomy and rainy here. The snow is melting and schools have a two-hour delay.
I was able to get out to the grocery store yesterday. Just a few icy spots until we hit 45 and they disappeared.
Even my cat is gloomy! We are both sunshine girls! :cool:
Just messing around today. I didn't sleep well from about 3:30 am on cause my nose starting running non-stop. It has got to be allergies. Between that and the coughing, I am ready to move somewhere warm!!
Hope you all have a good day! I need a nap! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom