Wonders Of Life/Festival Center not opening to accommodate International Festival Of The Arts

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
This may not seem like news to most of you, but the WOL/Festival Center pavilion is not going to be open for the new Art festival debuting next week. This wouldn't surprise me considering Holidays around the World doesn't have it open and that is considered a major festival, but the is one minor detail that caught me. Odyssey is opening as the new Festival Center (you all know it, the old restaurant by World Showcase). I would love to be optimistic about this but I'm never optimistic about EPCOT considering what has happened to it over the years. I think that this may either be so they can tear up some more stuff like Cranium Command, but maybe also to prep for pavilion demolition, maybe even both. Your thoughts? I was in a bit of a hurry to post this thread so I left out some stuff there but you guys get the idea.

djkidkaz

This festival is brand new and they don't have all the seminars and stuff lined up like they do for other festivals. So they would essentially just be using it for merchandise. The thinking is the space is probably too big to host just a handful of merchandise so put it in the much smaller oddysey building for the first year.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
This festival is brand new and they don't have all the seminars and stuff lined up like they do for other festivals. So they would essentially just be using it for merchandise. The thinking is the space is probably too big to host just a handful of merchandise so put it in the much smaller oddysey building for the first year.
Yeah, thats probably more likely, I don't know why I didn't think of that now. It all seems so obvious

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Doesn't shock me. I just wanna know why they even bothered fixing the buzzy animatronic and putting scaffolding up in CC a couple years ago... Like.. Why?
It was maintenance done during the 2007 seasonal operation closure, after the abrupt closure announcement they never bothered to take down the scaffolding and such.

Goofyernmost

I think just to improve the show. Also why do my threads keep getting moved? This is actual news, not a discussion. If this is counted as a discussion then wouldn't the GOTG Energy thread get moved aswell?
This may not seem like news to most of you, but the WOL/Festival Center pavilion is not going to be open for the new Art festival debuting next week. This wouldn't surprise me considering Holidays around the World doesn't have it open and that is considered a major festival, but the is one minor detail that caught me. Odyssey is opening as the new Festival Center (you all know it, the old restaurant by World Showcase). I would love to be optimistic about this but I'm never optimistic about EPCOT considering what has happened to it over the years. I think that this may either be so they can tear up some more stuff like Cranium Command, but maybe also to prep for pavilion demolition, maybe even both. Your thoughts? I was in a bit of a hurry to post this thread so I left out some stuff there but you guys get the idea.
I believe that your asking for other peoples thoughts pretty much made it into a discussion didn't it?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think just to improve the show. Also why do my threads keep getting moved? This is actual news, not a discussion. If this is counted as a discussion then wouldn't the GOTG Energy thread get moved aswell?
No... Look here good sir. This was Buzzy before. After the pavilion closed down and CC was abandoned. Notice there is no scaffolding either.

1001100556.jpg

And here he is fixed... A few years ago. With scaffolding. This picture taken a few years ago.

EPCOT_Center_on_Instagram__%E2%80%9COh__hey_Buzzy__Sure_is_dark_in_here_____wondersoflife__craniumcommand__epcotcenter__epcot__disneygram__instadisney__picoftheday%E2%80%9D.png

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
No... Look here good sir. This was Buzzy before. After the pavilion closed down and CC was abandoned. Notice there is no scaffolding either.

1001100556.jpg

And here he is fixed... A few years ago. With scaffolding. This picture taken a few years ago.

EPCOT_Center_on_Instagram__%E2%80%9COh__hey_Buzzy__Sure_is_dark_in_here_____wondersoflife__craniumcommand__epcotcenter__epcot__disneygram__instadisney__picoftheday%E2%80%9D.png
Highly odd, I thought that the other picture was taken during the 2005 or 2006 operational season though. If not I'm stumped :/

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
And his eyebrow and his hair and they took his gloves off!
You're right, very strange. CMs were letting people into WOL yesterday and when I asked them why they said they were "surveying" the building. They all had to sign a waiver saying they'd keep quiet about what the saw too. It was a no-photography event too. Same day Millennium Village was open for about an hour too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom