Disney Proposal this month!

Rick90012

Original Poster
Hi everyone i am planning to propose at the end of this month but I need some advice. I'm planning to propose on the Polynesian beach but I know there is no photo pass photographers around. I'm sure there will be people around and I could ask them to take pictures or a video for me but I am also worried about the lighting. From what I remember a few years ago it's pretty dark there especially where the Wishes audio is piped through..any advice? I'm pretty keen on sticking to the poly beach.

Thank you everyone!

21stamps

How exciting! Talk to the front desk about your plans and ask if someone could take a photo. I'm sure they could arrange it.

It's not well lit, but it isn't too dark that the picture won't come out- depending on the camera. I think the beach idea is wonderful! I'd rather have that memory than daylight pictures.

You may want to stake out where you're going to do it first. The beach has changed a lot in the past year. Pick a spot that doesn't have a giant sign right behind you in the frame.

Rick90012

Original Poster
How exciting! Talk to the front desk about your plans and ask if someone could take a photo. I'm sure they could arrange it.

It's not well lit, but it isn't too dark that the picture won't come out- depending on the camera. I think the beach idea is wonderful! I'd rather have that memory than daylight pictures.

You may want to stake out where you're going to do it first. The beach has changed a lot in the past year. Pick a spot that doesn't have a giant sign right behind you in the frame.
Thanks so much for the quick response! She's hinted to me she would love to one day have me propose in MK during wishes or at the beach at the Poly so I was torn between the two. But, after much deliberation with myself having hundreds of people around isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather have a much more secluded proposal.

I didn't even think about the new pesky signs along the beaches either! I could always head to the lobby to go to the "bathroom" and ask them up there if someone could come outside and take some shots of us. I have a canon t3i with a huge flash which mind you, I've never used it before but I'm sure it would come in handy there...

thank you again!

21stamps

You might also want to consider the Luau beach.. it's my favorite spot at Poly!

Here's how it looks with the new fence. It's never crowded, great view of fireworks, and is still pretty even with the fence. Here you can see how the signs are placed.
IMG_6539.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom