Choza de Margarita Coming to Epcot's Mexico Pavilion

Otterhead

Smart idea. La Cava is one of my favorite retreats from the heat/crowds, but it's tiny inside, and there's always a line for margaritas.

wdwfan757

Why all the menu overlap with La Cantina, which is literally 20 steps away?

Yes, we desperately need the margarita stand back, but tacos and empanadas?

NearTheEars

Is this what's going on behind the construction walls over there?
And yes, it sounds like it will overlap with the Cantina QS.

hpyhnt 1000

Hopefully this is a stepping stone to remove all those over grown trees that block the actual mexico pavilion.

The overgrowth is partially intentional theming, the idea being that you're walking through the dense jungle and stumble upon an ancient ruin hidden amongst the growth. It also serves to hide the rather plain show building behind the elaborate facade.

Saw the construction walls for this the other day across from the Cantina entrance; looks to be a substantial area. I assume that once this new spot opens they'll remove the Mexico food stand thats been on the promenade. Be nice to get that area opened up again.

durangojim

Why all the menu overlap with La Cantina, which is literally 20 steps away?

Yes, we desperately need the margarita stand back, but tacos and empanadas?
Because there are a lot of people buying margaritas at the cantina and the service there is some of the worst in the parks for getting your food to you in a reasonable amount of time. It's frustrating to wait 10 mins for a margarita when you didn't order any food.

wdwfan757

Because there are a lot of people buying margaritas at the cantina and the service there is some of the worst in the parks for getting your food to you in a reasonable amount of time. It's frustrating to wait 10 mins for a margarita when you didn't order any food.

Right.... so now at this stand we'll still have the same exact problem

TeriofTerror

I can certainly understand the need of more alcohol in Epcot ;) and I'm happy they are bringing back an outdoor Margarita spot. As for the food, can't you already get tacos and chips in the many other Mexico food and beverage locations just steps away?
Because this way I only have to wait in one line? ;)

rael ramone

Part of me wonders if this is an effort to see if a 'drink stand' can serve food as well... with hopes of not only more food sales, but less adult beverages on empty stomachs (to mellow out the crowds)...

And part of me wonders if adding these items makes this stand more expensive to run..... perhaps meaning a candidate for *seasonal* operation like the Golden Oak Outpost by Pecos Bills...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom