The Physics Club: Roller-Coaster Designs & More...

21stamps

Can I use the "and more" part for a moment?

Speaking of friction.. if anyone wants to give me any tips or share personal experiences on how to make a fast pinewood derby car I would GREATLY appreciate it!! I'm intimidated. Very intimidated. My kid wants a "super fast, super cool car..like the one he made at Test Track!"

I'm like ummm.. Sorry kiddo your mom is clueless to this kind of thing. The race is in 2 weeks!!!

mickeyfan5534

Speaking of friction.. if anyone wants to give me any tips or share personal experiences on how to make a fast pinewood derby car I would GREATLY appreciate it!! I'm intimidated. Very intimidated. My kid wants a "super fast, super cool car..like the one he made at Test Track!"

I'm like ummm.. Sorry kiddo your mom is clueless to this kind of thing. The race is in 2 weeks!!!
From memory, more weight on the front.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Been a while since my pinewood derby days lol

If the wheels have any imperfections, sand than down. If you feel confident you could keep it even all around, I'd say to send the wheels down everywhere.

Lubricant where the wheels connect to the axle. I used to use graphite. Wd40 should probably work though.

Aerodynamic shape.

But also front loaded with weight

Edit: check what the rules are on lubricant and stuff. Some times you aren't allowed to use it or only certain types.

Also, as lightweight as possible with the bulk of the weight you have in the front. More weight means more friction

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom