Any Info on Epcot's Festival of the Arts?

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has any information on Epcot's Festival of the Arts? All I know is it's suppose to run mid Jan through some time in February. Is it weekends only or the whole time like food and wine? Any info would be great. Thanks!

mouse_luv

If Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday make up your weekends, yes.

There were food pics on DPB today. Still no schedule though. Not like people need to plan 3 weeks out.
At Disney for many, yes it does. But my point was more that I'm glad it's not an EVERY DAY thing so I don't have to deal with this crap while there next month.

Bolt

At Disney for many, yes it does. But my point was more that I'm glad it's not an EVERY DAY thing so I don't have to deal with this crap while there next month.
This crap? Doesn't change rides, doesn't change existing food locations. It's just additional food locations, opening closed venues and adding more entertainment. But yeah, I hate additional free park content. It really should cost extra to have these park enchantments!!!

mouse_luv

This crap? Doesn't change rides, doesn't change existing food locations. It's just additional food locations, opening closed venues and adding more entertainment. But yeah, I hate additional free park content. It really should cost extra to have these park enchantments!!!
I presume that kiosks will be set up within the Park and perhaps be blocking clear NO KIOSK views of Illuminations for me. Sorry, but I'm a purist and like kiosk free EPCOT for at least a percentage of the year. I don't have a problem with art and the fest but when they have to litter the park with kiosks for most of the year for these things it is CRAP. You're allowed to disagree but don't go knocking differing opinions from those of us that are sick of seeing EPCOT littered with this stuff as a "plus".

Bolt

I presume that kiosks will be set up within the Park and perhaps be blocking clear NO KIOSK views of Illuminations for me. Sorry, but I'm a purist and like kiosk free EPCOT for at least a percentage of the year. I don't have a problem with art and the fest but when they have to litter the park with kiosks for most of the year for these things it is CRAP. You're allowed to disagree but don't go knocking differing opinions from those of us that are sick of seeing EPCOT littered with this stuff as a "plus".
This is Future World primarily so you can sleep easy tonight Illuminations will be safe.

It's crazy you'd hate Candlelight as that is a 'plus' but hey, you're a purist.

mouse_luv

This is Future World primarily so you can sleep easy tonight Illuminations will be safe.

It's crazy you'd hate Candlelight as that is a 'plus' but hey, you're a purist.
Did I say I hated Candlelight?! I'm saying I hate anything that includes crap kiosks littered all over..but we won't talk about them just using this as an extension of stupid F&W to make a buck. You can get on with your day now @Bolt. I didn't realize I was ruining your life here by having a differing opinion.

Bolt

Did I say I hated Candlelight?! I'm saying I hate anything that includes crap kiosks littered all over..but we won't talk about them just using this as an extension of stupid F&W to make a buck. You can get on with your day now @Bolt. I didn't realize I was ruining your life here by having a differing opinion.
Understood. You can have your opinion, but don't want people to reply to it. Got it - welcome to a discussion forum.

mouse_luv

mouse_luv

Ah yes, another pathetic thread whining over about poor Epcot and its continued 'degradation' because a few little kiosks around the promenade RUINS THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE and therefor emotionally triggers someone who can't quit living in the past. Give me a break. This place is becoming a little unbearable with the stupid temper tantrums and meltdowns over NOTHING people have on a daily basis over irrelevant mess like this.
Well, you should be an expert on that lol (and for the record, IDK who's living in the past here, all I said was I enjoy Illuminations w/o Kiosks the rest of the 25% of the year).

Bolt

Oh yes, you big baby, because I've been here way longer than you, but hell what do I know?! Plus, you're not doing too well on not having the same opinion as others either.
Also, this won't be "primarily in Future World" so you can stop while you're ahead. http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...ival-of-the-arts-to-debut-in-january-2017.htm
Ugh, you're right. I can't believe they are charging $0 for the Disney Theatrical performances. Always making a buck on us!

Bolt

IMG_5416.JPG

Nom nom nom

Wow, aren't we pathetically twisting this now? LOL

Cmdr_Crimson

Simply put...It's the Former Festival of the Masters event that use to be in Downtown Disney...They discontinued it until they decided to throw it into Epcot for some reason and decided to add a tiny food & wine fest into the mix...IMO I don't think it was necessary to begin with and it was a great time to go to the resort..Now also add the Pro Bowl to this and the Cheerleading competitions within those weekends and you have a full out nightmare....That's why I'm holding off a year to see how this all goes down before I head back in 2018...

Bacon

Oh yes, you big baby, because I've been here way longer than you, but hell what do I know?! Plus, you're not doing too well on not having the same opinion as others either.
Also, this won't be "primarily in Future World" so you can stop while you're ahead. http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...ival-of-the-arts-to-debut-in-january-2017.htm
Just because you've been here longer doesn't mean you have a advantage, And he could have been a Disney fan before he joined.

cmoliver68

Kinda looks like Pop Tarts propped up. Or is it just me?
Hopefully they will have a nice, big kiosk that blocks the only free space for viewing Illuminations and serve those fancy looking pop tarts. I would buy those and then stand there and watch the people cry about not being able to see the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom