When did the CMs start locking everyone into Doom?

danpam1024

Original Poster
Went this past weekend, last time we were there was HHN (mid Oct). The CMs belted us into Doom and had to unlock it with a key. I'm sure it is because people are idiots and unbelt during the ride, but was there a specific incident that caused this?

Cole Rusin

Went this past weekend, last time we were there was HHN (mid Oct). The CMs belted us into Doom and had to unlock it with a key. I'm sure it is because people are idiots and unbelt during the ride, but was there a specific incident that caused this?
As far as official news/ medical documented incidents goes there is not a specific incident. However, I just visited in September for Rock the Universe, and Doom was closed. I then proceeded to speak with a quote on quote "imagineer" of universal who was on site outside of the ride who told me "We have decided to bring it out of commission for about a month or two as it needs many repairs at a rate of about 7 system crashes a day and many safety/mechanical issues. We really rode these issues out for as long as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience should be opened by your next visit."

JT3000

As far as official news/ medical documented incidents goes there is not a specific incident. However, I just visited in September for Rock the Universe, and Doom was closed. I then proceeded to speak with a quote on quote "imagineer" of universal who was on site outside of the ride who told me "We have decided to bring it out of commission for about a month or two as it needs many repairs at a rate of about 7 system crashes a day and many safety/mechanical issues. We really rode these issues out for as long as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience should be opened by your next visit."

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that so-called "imagineer" probably sells churros for a living. Universal doesn't have "imagineers," and even if they did, none of them would have discussed this sort of thing with a random guest.

JoeCamel

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that so-called "imagineer" probably sells churros for a living. Universal doesn't have "imagineers," and even if they did, none of them would have discussed this sort of thing with a random guest.

Certainly not talking about safety issues and crashes. Does not pass the smell test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom