Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

twebber55

Yes, but all the major Avatar permits use that date. The fact that they put an earlier date on the ride installation permit then the others indicates to me they aren't just throwing a date that is arbitrarily in the future. These dates would support a summer to fall 2018 opening.
zero chance it will open in 2018

Ismael Flores

I'm hoping that once the land opens, TDO will gradually add more theming to the land as the years go by. Maybe go back and add the small buildings that seem to be gone from the latest art. The foundation for the land will be there already.

Too bad that the track, bridges and underground turns of the coaster will not be able to get modified though to make it look like the original art

flyerjab

The original offering was a quickserve serving hatch and outside benches and parasols. This should be something thankfully much more involved, though I'm not clear if it's instead of or as well as.

@marni1971 , in the original concept art there was that area near the one entrance that looked like a sheriff building from the Old West that everyone assumed was related to Woody and Jessie, etc. Was that ever considered for an eating location or was that strictly a merchandise location (or did we ever really know what it was)? Just curious.

Kman101

@marni1971 , in the original concept art there was that area near the one entrance that looked like a sheriff building from the Old West that everyone assumed was related to Woody and Jessie, etc. Was that ever considered for an eating location or was that strictly a merchandise location (or did we ever really know what it was)? Just curious.

I assumed it was going to be a meet and greet for Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, or something of the sort. There was a big merchandise shaped like a toy Toy Barn across the way ... but who knows what we'll get I guess at this point?

Rodan75

I assumed it was going to be a meet and greet for Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, or something of the sort. There was a big merchandise shaped like a toy Toy Barn across the way ... but who knows what we'll get I guess at this point?

It seems like they are missing an opportunity to do a character dining location. For all of the misplaced ones, this seems to be the one area where they should really do it. A Rootin' Tootin' Character Buffet, featuring Woody's Round-Up.

Fox&Hound

It seems like they are missing an opportunity to do a character dining location. For all of the misplaced ones, this seems to be the one area where they should really do it. A Rootin' Tootin' Character Buffet, featuring Woody's Round-Up.

I agree completely. A character dining location with elaborate theming would go a long way to flesh out this land.....

Kman101

True. They could have even done that at the Horseshoe in the MK. They seem to constantly leave money on the table ...

MrPromey

WDW is getting a SWL at least as good as DL is getting. And their fan base is not complaining about the scale of it at all.

Plus TSL.

Why would they? For them, this is being added to the Disneyland park, included in a single day admission to a place that's already in a lot of ways, more impressive than the Magic Kingdom.

We're getting it in Hollywood Studios which has always been light on rides and is currently light enough on value that Disney doesn't dare charge as much as the Magic Kingdom - the slightly lesser of the two castle parks in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom