NASCAR 2016

wdwfan4ver

JTG Daugherty Racing is adding a 2nd team with Chris Buescher as the driver. Roush is loaning Chris to JTG Daugherty despite the fact JTG Daugherty is running chevy's and is using RCR equipment. It sounds like the 16 car charter is up for sale and JTG Daugherty is one of the teams that is looking to buy it.

wdwfan4ver

i cant really see the benefit from this for roush or biffle. it was widely assumed/reported he would be the 2nd jtg car
True, but the problems are getting even worse for Roush now. Zest has announced that they no longer sponsor for Roush. Zest was primary sponsor for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. for 7 races in 2016. Longtime Roush employee Robbie Reiser now is relieved of his duties. Robbie was the crew chief for Matt Kenseth through 2007 starting in Matt's Busch series days in the 1990's and was the general manager of Roush.

patch553

roush are in a mess,i know they are restructuring behind the scenes but without results they could lose more sponsers/drivers and theyll struggle to get back to the days when they title contenders

wdwfan4ver

Roush has confirmed they are going to be done 2 teams next years and they are leasing the 16 car charter to JTG Daugherty Racing with them. They also announced Chris Buescher is on loan for JTG Daugherty Racing next year.

patch553

Roush has confirmed they are going to be done 2 teams next years and they are leasing the 16 car charter to JTG Daugherty Racing with them. They also announced Chris Buescher is on loan for JTG Daugherty Racing next year.[/QUOTE
I'm a little confused with this one too, it suprises me why roush will loan Buescher to a rival manufacturer, to me it would make more sense to form an alliance with Petty and have him in the 44?

wdwfan4ver

I agree this is very odd from a rival manufacturer standpoint. I do think Roush and Front Row Racing might of had issues behind the scenes since you are dealing with an organization that underfunded and Roush doesn't have any other alliance with a Ford team that isn't Petty or Front Row.

I think I know why they are not doing an alliance with Petty with it being 2 reasons.

1.) Petty already has a services contract with Roush, but Petty decided to build chassis in-house instead of depending Roush after the 2015 season. They are still getting Roush/Yates engines also. I think Petty wants a driver for more than 1 year since the 44 team went through 3 drivers in 3 years.

What is happening Petty wants to depend less on Roush for making them more competitive from a long term standpoint and that is what ruined that organization in 2016 along with Brian Scott being in a caution at least half the cup races didn't help matters.

2.) The 44 car isn't fully sponsored for 2017 after Albertson's left NASCAR and Brian Scott retiring also cost them an additional 2 primary sponsors.

Last edited:

patch553

youre not wrong there, I'm not sure who will end up in the 44 but those without rides at the moment aren't generally known for bringing sponsorship with them,having said that its a ride that I think would suit david ragan he and Almirola would work well together especially on superspeedways

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has made it official that Monster Energy is the sponsor replacing Sprint. Monster Energy made it known that they are still sponsoring Kurt Busch.

There is some good news with this deal. Existing Energy drink Sponsors in NASCAR are allowed to continue to sponsor cars. The only thing is Energy Drinks companies that are not involved in NASCAR will not be eligible for future Sponsorship.

wdwfan4ver

The Clint Bowyer and Harry Scott lawsuit has been settled. I don't know the details.

If there is any Jeff Gordon fans on this site, he'll be running the 2017 24 hours of Daytona. 24 Hours of Daytona is considered one of the 3 crown jewels of Sports Car Racing.

If Jeff Gordon wins the 24 hours of Daytona, he'll be the 3rd driver ever to win the Daytona 500 and the 24 hours of Daytona. The first 2 are A.J Foyt and Jamie Mcmurray. I didn't count Mario Andretti because his event was 6 hours, not 24 hours.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Harry Scott Motorsports has announced they are ceasing operations for 2017. The 46 car charter is going to Furniture Row Racing's 2nd cup car.

The 15 car charter is going to Premium Motorsports for the 55 or the 98 team.

patch553

ragan has apparently left bk racing too the team says they are restructuring behind the scenes but still plan on 2 cars for 2017, I wonder if Jeffery Earnhardt may get one of them?

wdwfan4ver

ragan has apparently left bk racing too the team says they are restructuring behind the scenes but still plan on 2 cars for 2017, I wonder if Jeffery Earnhardt may get one of them?
I think its possible. I think BK racing might be overrating the equipment because on the track, it seemed worse than Front Row had . I have no idea on who will be the other driver is going to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom