MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update, a new land has been added to the park. As for its identity, you'll have to wait and see...

Marvel City (working title) and Mos Eisley Spaceport are back on track as their own lands, while Discovery Bay remains its own thing. Tomorrowland will most likely be split into two sub-lands, just like practically every other area in the park. One sub-land will focus on science fiction and fantasy, the other will focus on science fact and the prospective future of mankind, a la classic Future World. Working title: Galactic Circle and Innovation Plaza.

At the moment, I've been overwhelmed with the Christmas spirit and am working on Santa's Very Merry Christmas Parade. It will be released with the rest of the final draft, hopefully no later than New Year's Day, a fitting date, given my join date on WDWMagic. ;) Just as a little sneak peek, let's talk a little about the parade.

A key element to my childhood was the above clip. Man, how I longed to see a parade as colorful and character-filled as the featured parade. Imagine my surprise discovering recently that the featured parade was real! The Very Merry Christmas Parade ran at Disneyland in the 1980s, until being replaced by A Christmas Fantasy in 1994. With Santa's Very Merry Christmas Parade, it is my earnest goal to recreate a Christmas parade with all the fun and nostalgia of the 60s - 80s, of course peppered with more modern references and characters. I can confirm that the Country Bears will appear dressed as pastry chefs, Scrooge McDuck will make an appearance, and Santa's eight "tiny" reindeer will boast the googly-eyed expressions rather than their current incarnations found worldwide.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I have seen your quest for a custom map and would like to bring up imagineer land who is a member on this board he does similar maps to ideal buildout and may be able to help you.:)

I'd love to get in contact with him. Alas, my artistic skills are more Tim Burton than Pablo Picasso. Lol.

Several years back, Ideal Build-Out made one of my parks into a map, but has since removed the post from the blogspot. :/ I wish I had saved it when I had the chance. I would go back to Ideal Build-Out, but alas, no funds to help me make the dream into a reality. Oh well haha, I guess that's part of being an adult.

Twilight_Roxas

Don't know what you plan to do with the Holidays nighttime show, but I think Seasons of Light would make a good nighttime fireworks show if fountains, mist projections, mapping projections, lasers, and fire are involved.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Don't know what you plan to do with the Holidays nighttime show, but I think Seasons of Light would make a good nighttime fireworks show if fountains, mist projections, mapping projections, lasers, and fire are involved.

I'm not sure what the holiday show will be just yet, but it will more than likely be similar to Seasons of Light in the aspect that it has no story. Just music and magic. Truth be told, I'm going through Eliasburg and making finishing touches at the moment. As of right now, the absolute finalized portions of the project are...well, right now it's just the introduction and opening dedication. Eliasburg is next on the list.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yesterday, while working on the final draft, I realized that I've been making revisions to the same Google Docs draft since June 9, 2016... Holy cow, this final draft has literally taken me seven months and counting to complete. I mean, it is a labor of love, so it makes sense, but still, I don't think any project has ever taken me this long. Real-life has gotten in the way quite a bit with it, in addition to SYWTBAI, vacation, and directing my company's first musical. Oh well.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Yesterday, while working on the final draft, I realized that I've been making revisions to the same Google Docs draft since June 9, 2016... Holy cow, this final draft has literally taken me seven months and counting to complete. I mean, it is a labor of love, so it makes sense, but still, I don't think any project has ever taken me this long. Real-life has gotten in the way quite a bit with it, in addition to SYWTBAI, vacation, and directing my company's first musical. Oh well.

Is this on pace for a New Years release still?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Is this on pace for a New Years release still?

My earnest hope is January 1st, 2017. It is on track at the moment. Again, real-life has gotten in the way quite a bit. For whatever reason, I wasn't counting on that. Given my first dream resort was posted here, on WDWMagic, on January 23rd, 2010, it seems rather fitting to release it within the same month, albeit seven years later. Heck, if I have to push it back any further, January 23rd would be ideal.

I do have a scheduled shift on the morning of January 1st, so if anything, it will be posted that night. That is, if I haven't partied too hard the night before. :rolleyes: Part of the reason it's taken so long is, as a perfectionist, I want to make sure everything is perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to redo things, revise things, etc. With so many ideas bursting out of my head, it's hard staying focused on one piece at a time. Not to sound conceded, but, this piece is definitely my masterpiece. I can't wait to finally share it.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

e594306c218acc97_6.gif

In honor of Christmas Eve, the best night of the entire year, I have decided to unveil part one of the still in-progress final draft. Seeing as I do have enough of the project completed to post things piece-by-piece, it seems only fair to post what I do have completed while I continue to finalize the remainder of the project. I can't promise how often things will be posted, but I can promise that after seven months of hard work, it's finally here. Enjoy. Please, do pardon the tedious introduction ahead.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MEW’s Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter

“I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

latest

Before we begin, I’d like to unveil an apparent, and important update. After much deliberation, I have decided to remove the real-world setting of Australia and relocate this project into a world of pure fantasy. After all, if my goal is to create the world’s largest Magic Kingdom, then why focus on the logistics of the local population and climate? Truly, this is what armchair Imagineering is all about - make-believe. This resort can go anywhere your heart desires; Canada, Australia, Texas, New York, Brazil, Switzerland, Germany, anywhere. This isn’t just my dream resort - it’s yours. For me, this project will remain where it has always truly belonged - in my heart.

Seeing as this is the fifth and final installment in my long-running series of “dream resorts,” I find it only fitting to revert back to the title of my original dream resort, as originally posted here, on WDWMagic, on January 23, 2010. Ladies and gentlemen, for the final time…

Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N3acSueEtM

With this project, I challenged myself to create the world's largest "castle-park,” a bold concept that turns your everyday Disneyland into a multi-day, multi-stay “Disney World.” Imagine visiting a Magic Kingdom that is so large, you need two or more days to see it all. It was from this rather difficult prompt that Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams was born.

h-aIIM_zISdZMNOVQv03IOhXCzr8JjlBvfaR_71UxhpulhYEwD_dHu2baDZkWxGmd8-AfTeYlbJkYoZLRVPnY4g8ICFC-77PBsNNJ57P-uWqkqnw1mzrHjR8-fyGFkmZdIvEf_Ff

At 2,500 acres, the resort’s crowning jewel - Disneyland Park - sits at a hulking 1,500 acres - on its own. This makes the park not only larger than the entire Shanghai Disney Resort (963 acres), but also makes it the largest Magic Kingdom in the world. You could fit four Epcots (1,200 acres), one Disneyland (85 acres), and one DisneySea (176 acres) inside this park, and still have room to grow. Seriously, it’s that big.

Disneyland Park: 1,500 Acres
Port Disney Shopping District: 80 Acres
Disneyland Hotel: 10 Acres
Port Disney Hotel & Spa: 10 Acres
Combined Parking Lots/Structures: 200 Acres
Disneyland Bowl (Outdoor Amphitheater): 20 Acres
Expansion Space (Second Gate?): 680 Acres

Grand Total: 2,500 Acres

This project would be most incomplete without a reference to more than one excellent source of artistic inspiration and factual information. Each of the below sources were used - at some point or another - as a reference point or guide throughout the creation of this project.

I have to give credit to my original dream resort, for without it, this project would not exist: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dream-disney-resort.540379/

I would also like to acknowledge those who I have been in collaboration with for the past eight years and counting: @TheOriginalTiki, @JokersWild, @Basketbuddy101, @KingMickey, @monkey92514, @DisneyManOne, @comics101, @Twilight_Roxas, @Disneyson, and @mharrington, as well as those who have followed this project from the beginning, including @FigmentPigments, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @spacemt354, @DlpPhantom, @Shovel_Ship, @tcool123, @S.P.E.W, and anyone else whom I might be forgetting. This project is dedicated to the magic, the memories, and you.

Disclaimer: @Vipraa has a fantastic park called “Kingdom of Dreams” in his wonderful thread, “New Texas Disney Resort.” The thread is awesome, and I highly recommend it, but, I do not wish for you to feel that I am stealing his park’s name. I’ve been using “Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams” since 2010. Likewise, these are two very different projects.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An Introduction by Walt Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9rYgqh9PWU

"All of us at Disneyland hope that your visit today will be a happy and memorable experience for you and your family. Disneyland is often called a 'Magic Kingdom' because it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning, together with every variety of recreation and fun designed to appeal to everyone.

During your visit, you may wish to stop for a moment in Town Square. There, at the base of the flagpole, you will find a message which expresses Disneyland's true purpose.

'To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past - and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America - with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.'" - Walt Disney

Udf7ZHuNNtPvfMXIaiEG85XA06ajRc4inIaXaIN9tPisOa8-wzdcxWEvAlpgLlh-l9rtR9vPpGj3lhwGhuLvIjbVeWNsCFumWZDR4gCOpb9R_0tNrx6DtJ62qzfJkSgytUqc0yoE

Introduction taken from "Walt Disney's Guide to Disneyland," published in 1963.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"When You Wish Upon a Star"

“The evening star is shining bright…
So make a wish, and hold on tight…
There’s magic in the air tonight…
And anything can happen…”

If you’ve ever had a dream, and had that dream come true, then you probably know a little something about the magic of Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9rYgqh9PWU

In 1955, Walt Disney introduced the world to a totally new concept in family entertainment. It was called Disneyland, and it was indescribable. Gone was the hectic chaos of the typical amusement park. Rather, guests found themselves immersed into a land of three-dimensional fantasy. It was like walking onto a movie set, or into a dream. Its meaning was that of fun, a timeless place, where parents and their children could have fun together. But to describe the true meaning of Disneyland is to unfold its story from the beginning; when it was merely a twinkle in the eye of its creator.

hnehne78pxF_5h8icM1LqpfqAZrp8fEywZJR_jBE5AL4nC8VMiMqtN4IGMlE_uxPcoKTtf_yZOCFnjJ7lkuZCmwBqVqRotTBfG7gv8Sh4y30mdBvGCrqGJ3X4LVxhOhsGqswsh8K

“Disneyland really began when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always ‘Daddy’s Day’ and I would take them to the merry-go-round and sit on a bench eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there, alone, I felt that there should be something built, some kind of a family park where parents and children could have fun together.” - Walt Disney

Today, Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams continues the legacy of Walt’s dream, bringing joy and laughter into the hearts of those who wish to unlock its magic. Here we find acres upon acres of vacation paradise, where endless enjoyment, fascination, illumination and a lifetime of happy memories are less than a dream away.

ZB3a4BrJUhi6hMRpNrpVW9EtC24vEmdsYrPrsGL53xVmC65vDAd2WR_PrWQY5OBa1YIdm0kTiwbuyuzb4JMtpuobT9A_GPLhg7-9d3KBk9Fv835bS39d5JzIiyNKTVw4nL8sYa8y

“Fantasy, if it’s really convincing, can’t become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time.” - Walt Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9wx42MJeY

“It’s a world where you belong,
Where you can dream aloud.
Your heart will follow…”

The crowning jewel of Disney’s Kingdom of Dreams is Disneyland Park, where the magic of dreams coming true begins. In this timeless realm of enchantment, we leave the cares of our everyday world far behind us, instead brought into the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

vRtW3grd7Pwd_KtwM5sVn945uuABmZvo0AWT3jj4ZW6uPISXibXL1su3z2WwLNj43AlaqhduYAkGCUp6xxgqzToHZrWsmCuEK2bNed76MKQ_FX1Tc5EFSzoKESgaB862U3PwQW0e

“I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train.” - Walt Disney

Just beyond the sprawling, ornate gateway to Disneyland, we find the familiar setting of a train station, aptly fronted by the grinning, floral face of Mickey Mouse himself. We often hear the haunting echo of the station master calling out announcements as the Kingdom Railway, a diesel-hydraulic, steam outline locomotive pulls into the station.

oCZntMfRtYrKj9PQbrbleGNqFtofPJgnDQsVIKI3xbYmbtsFp-UuQ8ouUajacWLC-4kli40SXlMoPPrzUAbiynbIzZXCKbzJQYvNDLUQxkfFqpN5x5V8mepqADBfepsKfNO4fZ3h

This variation on the classic Disneyland Railroad provides passengers with a scenic grand-circle tour of the 1,500 acre Magic Kingdom aboard an authentic steam train. The Eliasburg Station, a large scale replica of Disneyland’s own Main Street Station, is the first in several station stops found throughout the park, noted for its clock tower and luggage-stocked hand car out front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVKVB0MImOg

MpX0P7pNesE9QM35ZEE3nhWjF9LglJfQgzNdv7yjwa7MES_KTWRUDIt09dTN8ndc0B0Nlt2XVT497du7WDFD2r2ncjV9fCy8DuEPnhfADlqo7KUuoi4TAjGpTaYJxx1cVl3ZMrkL

Our conductor points out all the sights and sounds along the iron rails. First we travel through 1940s Hollywood at the height of its Golden Age, then along the banks of the muddy Mississippi, but not before an excursion through the wilds of an untamed rainforest. A trip along the rim of the Grand Canyon provides passengers with a glimpse at one of the world’s longest dioramas, a re-creation of the flora and fauna of Arizona’s great abyss. To Ferde Grofé’s “Grand Canyon Suite,” curious wildlife examines our train in hesitant caution, unfamiliar with such strange creatures as ourselves. But of course, “it wasn’t always that way…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBdtfxl2yUc

o7wpUn3faH26zPsw-uNOWmQjJuOhKYOk0mmGzD6-HRJgJVbaOkWWwv_66dce-SF-5xXOBnqQi3pKtNOr9mDOS7Px29dEQMN5yBslh-Zl8A9buJDUjYc8NkKr_7mTZGFJfSg2HWrl

“Quiet now, as we travel back in time! Back to the fantastic Ice Age World - Land of the Mighty Mammoth.”

This is the world that once was; a world that trembles beneath giant feet… Strange mammals and hulking creatures thrive among the subtle populace of early man. Sabre-toothed cats and monstrous wolves stalk unsuspecting prey. The mighty mammoth, towering mastodon, ancient buffalo and wooly rhinoceros graze along the frozen tundra. Hunters have cornered a mammoth, ready to close-in on the trumpeting beast, all while nearby “innovators” discover fire… This is the dramatic stage that sets the fantastic Ice Age World, a kingdom lost to time itself…

7XpH72rsDG3WuZwGS3jXSZcitbNK8plP7cVCe8HEj3Dx-4KP4yoClHpnRB3v1AINfXJhxWw4CGzvl_wA5yp0TT_T8C0z3DXJi_akBDWfBwpVkzCPGZ6t0MAxHFhybzFnBIyQZsDw

Once through the turnstiles, we enter the park by passing through one of two tunnels located on either side of the Mickey floral. A bronze plaque above the entrance to either tunnel reads this familiar sentiment:

“Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy.”

An iconic attribute to any Magic Kingdom, electronic posters line the walls of either tunnel, each interchanging to offer a taste of the coming attractions and adventures. One unique detail, however, is that the posters here feature simple animation; i.e., the hitchhiking ghosts outside the Haunted Mansion sway from side to side, ever-so-slowly, all beneath the light of a shimmering harvest moon.

yELW8exQ6PEsLtieUJos9fsuLU3PuooUuYIIHthdEdV4BdrFJWfdbB7ZYcKCACQeVF6LMHag_RglrKkBsXUvy55CuKlbdWWu81hEVfY_GwEB840Fn_Z5q0iZqTDXg6dVgWO_AJTv

In the distance, we hear the warm murmur of music and laughter, the smell of freshly baked treats and candies, and the steady ding of an electric trolley. We have just journeyed back in time and into the music, magic and fun nostalgia of

Eliasburg, U.S.A.

c2a0abfbff77e778bf44fb1ee0f00ed7.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More to come! Initial thoughts? Oh, and Merry Christmas!

TheOriginalTiki

I have to leave for work soon but I'll chime in with some brief thoughts. First of all I love the presentation and build up you have for this thing. It very much gives me a creative spark to do my own writing which I've borderline abandoned after my stint in The Sole Imagineer. I have a novel I've been working on for like six years and the old, beaten up comp book that contains my entire hand written outline is sitting right next to me. Thanks for lighting a fire under my butt to get back to work on that after like five years of writers block, haha.

Love the idea of 1950's Main Street. Main Street is one of my favorite lands for the reason that you can basically set it in any time period and it'd still be an effective entry point from a design and layout point of view. We've seen a ton of inspired Main Streets over the years in Armchair Imagineering. Possibly the most memorable for me was the San Francisco/Venice hybrid from Mirror Disneyland!

Also I love how you were talking to me in the park about the electronic posters before I read it in here. Great "aha!" moment in your thought process hahaha. We had an awesome day at Disneyland a couple weeks ago and I definitely want to do Knott's with you in 2017! But I digress, fantastic start to the project and I can't wait to see more!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Thank you all for the kind words thus far. @TheOriginalTiki, you were literally there at the exact moment that the idea for electronic posters hit me. :p I'm not sure why no one has done it before. The ticket booths over here on the West Coast have electronic posters, so I'm surprised they haven't made the move to digital just yet. Of course there is a big nostalgia factor though when it comes to Disneyland's posters at least.

I'd love to hear some more feedback as well. :) Of course, we have a lot to cover from this point onward, so there will be plenty of opportunities to give feedback. Stay tuned!

DisneyManOne

My goodness, am I looking forward to this! I've done many similar dream resorts in the past, but every time you introduce us to the latest installment of your dream resort, I get so excited. I wonder what you'll have up your sleeve for us this time?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
My goodness, am I looking forward to this! I've done many similar dream resorts in the past, but every time you introduce us to the latest installment of your dream resort, I get so excited. I wonder what you'll have up your sleeve for us this time?

Of course, I always get excited when you post something, too! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Eliasburg, U.S.A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmT7jwEKiXo

“Eliasburg, U.S.A. is America at the turning point of a generation - the crossroads of the 20th Century. Rock ‘n’ roll and leather jackets - poodle skirts and Elvis Presley. Eliasburg is everyone’s hometown - the prelude to an entire wealth of new thinkers, dreamers and innovators in a postwar world on the move. No dream is too big in Eliasburg - or too small.”

lVAOhmHsWreQOmfrfCZhIFHn-4gbmpd4Lpg9Stn-qeDU2Q0_WTooSQ-eYg60Pmjt6lyAJMrkl_YmSQK2IZFZq4dq4leHFpZ9-c9wrE4PzG55_k_xjKE1_TiarMYXbVTWiviiwPwC

"Baby, baby it looks like it's gonna hail
Baby, baby it looks like it's gonna hail
You better come inside
Let me teach you how to jive and wail..."

Time seems to soften amid the orchestral rhythm of rock ‘n’ roll and revving automobile engines. As the stress of contemporary life gives way to the quaint charms of yesteryear, we find ourselves in a little town in the year 1955. On one hand is town hall, on the other is a fire station. We see a department store, the popcorn man, the old cinema, and all the many shops before us… This is, of course, the charming acreage of Town Square.

Town Square

G913rGxpFq-0DRmXwzJ3lhW2ywUeiv8pwEQU-zmWDWI7U6f3X_3TzwjfnJvuY2hoxm9M9XikcTP01LBTfBiczXoj2qece8gl8TDqnw8PLeULIIVutwLLcTgRa_qzLZtHrDEBlY97

In the center of the square we find Eisenhower Park, named for the then-president of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower. Well-kempt lawns and vibrant planters surround a single bandstand adorned with graceful, pink flowers. A concrete dance floor spills into the foreground. A War Memorial, built in dedication to World War II just a decade prior, stands south of the bandstand. This popular haunt of the Doo-Wop Dans, a leather jacket clad band of ne’er-do-wells, plays host to many of their concerts, respectively featuring doo-wop standards of both the ‘50s and ‘60s.

7r-01-wo-caros.jpg

The hectic, delightful and kooky rhythm of an old-fashioned fairground organ fills the air as we take in the breathtaking sight of an antique carrousel, circa 1875. Inspired by the same carrousel that inspired Walt once upon a time, the Eliasburg Merry-Go-Round is an attribute unique to this thematic spin on the classic "Main Street, U.S.A." Aboard one of 74 wood-carved animals - lions, tigers, bears, horses, elephants, etc. - or one intricately carved chariot, we "gallop" through a whirling backdrop of color and sound, set in the magical glow of over 3,000 twinkling lights. Naturally, a lone bench overlooks the merry-go-round, all-too-similar to the same Griffith Park bench where Walt first dreamt of his Magic Kingdom...

The Eliasburg Philharmonic performs daily in Town Square, often taking to the streets with a selection of Disney favorites and synchronized marches. Sat beneath the cool shade of tall palms, aptly placed picnic tables and benches provide ample seating for the ongoing entertainment, most often displayed in Blast to the Past! In this conjoint concert between the Philharmonic and Doo-Wop Dans, we are invited to partake in an outdoor concert in Eisenhower Park, with barbecued treats, hula-hooping and rigorous dancing for a night’s worth of wholesome, good old-fashioned entertainment.
Of course, no Town Square would be complete without an appearance or two from the world famous
Disney Characters, namely Mickey & Friends, all dressed in their finest ‘50s attire.

DejnUzYF4Mr9Hmg9MhkXxsWbrPc4PccljjKt3mFH0-gw2RU7fH8B49oOx3fngsLOkSvgUO0lFDdHjheFauWGzF0dYRp1_CgM1b2UZIsXpgIFkQm5piOYxoTQPxfIMDi_P5VUgGTY

Eliasburg’s premiere burger joint, the Nighthawk Diner, inspired by the Edward Hopper painting of the same name, delivers jukebox rhythms, stainless steel, cherry cokes and shoestring fries. An outdoor garden overlooks the ongoing hustle and bustle of "contemporary life," set to the quaint, relaxing rhythm of a trickling fountain.

3Qr8LP2cICu7UTXAgD2_MCJmguShn1VfkPUUwusomtjYB6gD3_fdTZ18YgqDgcqV4TBVuSdfGwjhXM-Q-qQcNTIW2wtCZBQ3kAFsBgHwC5Yrol-iIXlg5hD7vIVrwnmvxkaYqkd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRb1-SAAIzs

Town Hall presides over the eastern half of Town Square, its mighty clock tower chiming every quarter hour. The proud beacon of the American Flag (complete with 48 stars!) gently sways in the calm breeze from atop the third floor. As the in-park home of guest relations, friendly cast members are always on hand to answer questions, provide touring tips, make reservations, and assist guests with special needs. The Eliasburg Police & Fire Station provides a glimpse at a period facility of the sort, housing a real fire engine and police car, not to mention an authentic jail cell for "outlaws."

Luggage dollies and baggage mounds addressed to far-off locales - some found elsewhere within the park - adorn the entrance to the Town Square Lockers, neighbored closely by the Childcare Center, First Aid Station, and Lost & Found. To further set the Disney standard of excellence in customer service, self-service, coin-operated storage lockers are available for rent, complete with built-in electrical outlets, although portable, reusable chargers are available for purchase at an adjacent kiosk.

1w_4s5GU_nqYLK56TCG6Bt9j2Tih9IYbs7kZ-vRTCag4TNkAhjwNi5-RY5UD3h_A4Js1FcbvMh8LnHdnoyWEN3ZsCz_jsH9Eh03V1Zny4RohXgG202ZWBH-t-QrovZKDHwNB5Su6

Bright neon and the crackle of a vintage radio welcomes us to Oswald’s Filling Station. Situated to the western half of Town Square, Oswald’s always seems to have a 1951 Hudson Hornet out front, while another, slightly decrepit roadster receives eternal maintenance in the adjacent garage. Named for a certain lucky rabbit, Oswald’s is decked “ear-to-toe” in memorabilia of American car culture, though the inventory is all snacks and refreshments. Oswald himself often frequents his station in full mechanic attire, a rabbit-shaped wrench at hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_JZcC0tHI

Having made their first stop outside Oswald’s, the atmospheric Eliasburg Vehicles provide transport to and from the center of the park via the main thoroughfare. In this menagerie of transit, we are able to board an old-fashioned Fire Engine, Omnibus, or Red Car Trolley, the latter being a throwback to the long-defunct Pacific Electric Railway of Los Angeles.

HtdQu9lX1Cv6VlX34Pk-bWbLrkmP_bG45DnnmSkOfau_z07m5B8RiMGqiTOmqqkMJu3wZd7l-zvmSt_3GVwV_bK_qsbtcEy5w-rK30LUZXaNtmcKcpOAg5boNtsuo1ZQPJvaBIDy

The real-world Red Cars criss-crossed Los Angeles from 1887 to 1961, when the electric-powered rail cars gave way to the automobile. Unlike their gas-fueled brethren, the Red Cars aren’t exclusive to Eliasburg, rather, the rail cars make an additional trip through neighboring Hollywoodland to the west. As such, faux catenary, or “trolley wire,” is found in the conjoint atmosphere of Eliasburg and Hollywoodland, spanning the skies with absolute realism. Much like the Kingdom Railway, the Red Car is one in a series of interconnected, “land-to-land” transport found throughout the park, a necessary evil when considering the park’s massive size.

RNtsuR3CnkZqZ254nAK-OvZ16B2ID--1Mnoi9wo90Yp0i2FDqTMRN83eYtuvzNfHLFn2urKTrXZMmci09MVI0oRNgQgCLMHJbTJDziZo73oN4qTImG0qOy_LQ9e1d07D05bC3qeW

Walt Disney may have done more to touch the hearts and minds of millions than any other man in modern history. He brought joy, happiness, and a universal means of communication to people of all nations. Certainly, our world shall know but one Walt Disney. It is in this legacy that Just One Dream - The Walt Disney Story casts its foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNbdgBKa4_Y

Held within the Roy O. Disney Cinema, named for Walt’s true partner in crime, pre-show exhibits honor the legacy of the man behind the mouse. From a re-creation of his Burbank office to a scale model of the original Disneyland, artifacts and memorabilia recall the triumphs and heartbreaks of Walt Disney, including a large, hand-painted mural featuring almost every character overseen by Walt, from Captain Hook to Mary Poppins. In the screening room, a stirring overture preludes an inspiring film following the life and times of Mr. Disney. Abraham Lincoln, Mickey Mouse and Snow White - all audio-animatronics, of course - appear, all set to the inspiring ballad of “Just One Dream.”

Adjoint to the old cinema, Walt’s Hobbies, a tribute to the childlike qualities of Walt Disney, sells model trains, doll house accessories, and other fine miniatures, combined with photos and memorabilia pertaining to Walt and his interests. Of course, these items are relatively simple when compared to the varying items of significant value - and importance - held in the museum down the road.

a7Gthg8iv40hC4iaGbIpOPZJAyfInHGpoU_Jy0HoKVi_qEA2lZCLDwYMTKOUKkUPgTdRpoeTyIMQfT3U7TOV3GgWY6PLAvpO4mnVoQ-O-NEzpOpi9B6tOEQHmFvDYOv2YFfKXXXI

In a private collection of portraits, paintings, caricatures and sculptures, the Disney Gallery serves as a showcase for the artwork of Walt Disney Imagineering and Animation, past and present. Baron Von Cashier, the gallery’s Transylvanian proprietor, can often be heard in his office, bartering with potential buyers in his thick Transylvanian accent. Much of the artwork is available - for a price - at Disneyana in the neighboring storefront, right alongside a collection of pins and Vinylmations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHJ12Vhpyc

From Town Square, Eliasburg splits into a fork, with two extensions leading to and from the park’s Hub. Main Street acts as the central thoroughfare, seamlessly conjoined with Blue Moon Boulevard to the west. Amidst the patriotic bunting, swaying palms and musical stylings of Chubby Checker and Buddy Holly, we embark on a nostalgic stroll down Main Street. Here we experience the simpler pleasures of small town America as it were in the mid-20th Century. As the Red Car treks north, we half expect a chance encounter with Audrey Hepburn or James Dean.

Main Street

TGpwtnxCWAV8_QHBp2FKfe01p25qYmT8BHSzxf2eBQXxL_3QMOIbMDdOxCbYzAcEDVR8SujY8sT9oh3yn4nVCV4mi3mBf651KJH1jl4O8Cn2N4SuzV4et8dI8E3T2-DifYOSg0AJ

"You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine..."

The sprawling Eliasburg Department Store occupies almost an entire block on the western side of Main Street. Renown as the largest shop inside Disneyland, the Department Store pays tribute to the “retro” spirit of Macy’s and Gimbel’s, complete with escalators, crystal chandeliers and sweeping rotundas, all built in the opulent, art deco-style. Storefront windows display "enchanted" vignettes from Disney’s animated classics, in addition to the latest in at-home appliances and clothing; all unique to the ‘50s, of course.

A familiar pair of tin soldiers guard the entrance to
Tom’s Toyland, a toy shop named for the hero of 1961’s Babes in Toyland. As part of the Department Store Complex, Tom’s Toyland offers “retro” toys in addition to contemporary books, music, toys and stuffed animals. Such “retro products” include Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots, Lincoln Logs, and Mr. Potato Head. Ticking clocks and the clanging of cash registers welcome us to the peculiar Fortuosity Shop. Designed in the Queen Anne style, this lavish boutique sells watches, clocks, jewelry, scarves, purses and accessories, all in subtle reference to The Happiest Millionaire.

To the eastern side of Main Street, Disney & Company, a simple clothing store, features in-house “artists” designing sweatshirts and logos on the scene, the shop’s decor comprised primarily of animation cels and period toys. That Old Black Magic Shop, named for the Louis Prima and Keely Smith duet of the same name, acts as Eliasburg’s leading purveyor of fine magic, tricks, gags and novelties. Here, master magicians often perform sleight-of-hand tricks for passers by, while eerie blacklight and mechanical creatures create a setting reminiscent of Mario’s Magic Shop, as seen in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, right down to the mechanical chimpanzee out front clutching a bouquet.

Plan 9 from Outer Space continues the fantasy theme of the adjacent magic shop, named for the truly horrid sci-fi classic, Plan 9 from Outer Space. In this peculiar shop, vintage memorabilia from nearly all mediums of pop culture - classic horror, Marvel Comics, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney Animation, Godzilla, old sci-fi flicks, etc. - line the glass-encased shelves, while miniature statues of King Kong, Godzilla and the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms keep watch from above. Presley’s Classic Americana completes the southeastern block, a collectible store to rival even the finest of antiquity dealers. Antiques of high value - and history - are for sale; Coca Cola machines, period toys, jukeboxes, old-fashioned arcade machines, autographed photos, cinematic props, etc. Of course, the real highlight here is a life-sized statue of Elvis Presley found right outside the shop in lieu of your typical Cigar Store Indian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T5W-xJWuPE

An overhead traffic light, a la Radiator Springs, marks the perpendicular stretch of Central Avenue. In a manner most similar to Tokyo Disneyland’s “Center Street,” Central Avenue runs directly through Hollywoodland and Blue Moon Boulevard to the west, as well as Marvel City to the east, a tasteful, thematic shortcut to either land.

XfxAjn3dai6y237vxcak2rUqZSuNb_vGUInc2KwoZdAVPNLeFknS_HvVrkMMYi7N8qZNM5_L17xkbLMgTIF1t-KMF89Fl5A9aZ8cMVvA_LtDamUvwVJqVJ8JKT1_ki_rFuVK8fiE

Luigi’s Deli & Market harkens back to the authenticity and color of a 1950s marketplace, down to the finest detail. Found along the western stretch of Central Ave, the miniature grocery store actually sells groceries, from fresh fruits and veggies to old-fashioned Frito-Lay products, even bagged in their ‘50s packaging! In the “deli department,” Chicago deep dish pizza, pastrami, meatball subs, and Italian salads are served.

Arroyo Pharmacy & Soda Fountain, found on the eastern stretch of Central Avenue, recalls an old-fashioned drugstore of the sort, complete with hand-scooped cones, kitschy souvenirs, toiletries, candies, and yes, an authentic pharmacy, though, it’s more a replica of a ‘50s pharmacy than a full-service apothecary. Nonetheless, we are still able to purchase pain relievers, vitamins and jars of “Pixie Dust” packed daily “in-house.”

zQwf8p6XwiHmvIbalQq2jbqQDonySkWSrpYGLr7ud7b8E-hhEZK54JZWygFPAviQ8DuZkY2YpuoRK_zQ9qDFK3PLNMtjQACxoqa-IBSNUU-hEOJc1mTdNQOlVk5rspM9myns8G6o

/\ Ahh, the dawn of modern man.

With the advent of television in the 1950s, Marconi’s Radio & Television, found to the northwestern block of Main Street, displays a surplus of vintage TV sets and radios in its spacious front window. Programs of the day, such as Leave it to Beaver, The Lone Ranger and I Love Lucy flicker in black-and-white on the many screens. Inside, a further collection of electronic sets compile the decor of this contemporary music and electronic store. The “deco camera” on the exterior indicates that The Darkroom is the place to stock up on film, cameras, and such. Aged photographs showcase the growth of Eliasburg from its early days as an orange grove to its current standing as a “bustling suburb.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Y8dQSdqxk

rnciEmtE-knSkKBawT4iyTLSiO-Ee7dkAJIJvPRTc70DQsj0wBmr0vmB9NaIzIeMTWr4NOrhAVivNngkxWRji7ZWYOLSAtcQiyT75dB-bfCBeBsPyoFMIzxNAwRGXfEElxVP7ceI

Frosty’s Cabinet, a year-round Winter Wonderland welcomes us to a “land” where it is quite literally Christmas… 365 days a year! The scent of pine and gingerbread fill the air as we take in the fun sights and nostalgia of a mid-century Christmas, from plastic, light-up lawn ornaments to hand-crafted miniatures of little towns and people. Even so, storefront window displays depict scenes from such holiday favorites as Pluto’s Christmas Tree, Donald’s Snow Fight and Santa’s Workshop. Come December, Santa Claus himself makes “meet ‘n’ greet” appearances in Frosty’s Cabinet, aptly joined by a trio of friendly elves from Christmas Town.

A virtual wonderland of china porcelain and crystal bric-a-brac, the China Closet and Keepsake Corner complete the western side of Main Street, selling exclusive Disney statuettes, glass miniatures, crystal castles, snow globes, dishware, music boxes, ornaments, and stylized silverware. Here, a talented glassblower creates hand blown souvenirs in full view of patrons, an attraction all its own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F13JNjpNW6c

OafgUjF_8-aOXkXude8SWqLowy7PPjyfr4KB5uQeZd12qwuNMdFDY4E3KeDgnrXzEaTLl_D_lp3Fyz9RYJuj3RpfWK9xcI6wKSPLidZa1BPK8qjdbjLm6CKQwbj96L_0aTRx3g2T

In tribute to the warm beacon that countless SoCal natives associate with the long trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas (or vice versa), Mary Ann's Diner sits just on the outskirts of Main Street and Blue Moon Boulevard, a subtle nod to Peggy Sue’s 50’s Diner. Meatloaf, grilled cheese and chicken-fried steak recall the ‘50s setting, while a “tourist trap” in the waiting area displays - you guessed it - dinosaurs and sci-fi creatures built from scrap metal. “Sparky the Spinosaurus” overlooks the garden’s entrance, a DLA icon in its own right. Naturally, a drug store-esque gift shop with postcards and keychains presides over the restaurant’s interior lobby, a staple of Peggy Sue’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUHlrir4Og

_P7NrpeFgfgMmIHyCzclpu21iQmAXj4-pLMgaDYJKhKoFmfdnx5N6CJl0c61OVEvLnm0wYcu5i-o07UhutaBL9aeqhSpNaKILwwJjLlyKQbxoHJPCOd7kLvOnad89VxEuaIgbt9H

Curiously, the northeastern block of Main Street consists not of shops and restaurants, but instead dedicates itself as the home of the park’s first “E-Ticket” attraction, concealed within the Eliasburg Courthouse and Second Public Library. As we meander through these public facilities, we learn of Eliasburg’s “super” past, including the destruction of the First Public Library by notorious supervillain, Bomb Voyage, circa 1951… What lies before us is a journey unlike any other… Alongside Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone, we zip through the stylized, digitally-rendered streets of Eliasburg in the comic-book world of 1955. Martians from the Planet Lasseter have invaded Earth, and it’s up to us to assist the “Supers” and save the day from these evil intergalactic forces.
The Incredibles - Escape the Martians! simulates an incredible journey, allowing us to experience “stretching” with Elastigirl, “gliding” with Frozone and, to an incredible extent, “super strength” with Mr. Incredible, all utilizing the latest in KUKA Arm technology. As the ultimate thematic transition between Eliasburg and Marvel City, the attraction is presented in a seamless mix of digital projections, three-dimensional sets and audio-animatronic figures, bringing the world of the Disney*Pixar classic to life like never before.

Blue Moon Boulevard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0fy1HeJv80

"Blue moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own..."

Blue Moon Boulevard begins with the moldering Eliasburg Hotel, an abandoned, turn-of-the-century inn nestled along the pastel stucco and happy-go-lucky visage of Eliasburg.

cut-WNNlsAafmzo4oQKILBi5aNQICV6iWYoyFvLTHWaQUE34k_qT0OCk8NSJCW7AuXIehy2VP5Ql6qXHH7WliANjv2PJSzRO7U2KaocNhjUSwGDXhLimjVs83As1Ck0IHObOaZxc

Since 1905, the Eliasburg Hotel has played home to countless travelers making the long journey west, from runaway convicts to would-be actors. Within its labyrinth of hallways and “luxury” suites, the greedy Mr. Fargo once dwelled. Generally disliked by his neighbors, Mr. Fargo owned more than just the hotel - he owned Eliasburg. His unreasonable rates and hefty taxes led a reign of terror over his “customers,” until one dark and stormy night, Mr. Fargo, his staff, and all of the hotel’s patrons disappeared. Without warning, the hotel was sealed shut.

Rumors began to surface in regards to the hotel’s secretive closure. What precisely was the gristly fate of Mr. Fargo? What happened to the hotel’s staff? Better yet, what of the missing patrons? Today, the hotel remains intact, but its mysteries remain unsolved. Only in October do its rotting doors creak open, beckoning for some poor, unsuspecting soul to enter… The Eliasburg Haunted Hotel leads a collection of seasonal attractions found throughout the park, open only through the months of September and October.

Blue Moon Boulevard acts as a “secondary Main Street,” often used to evade the heavy crowds found during the nightly fireworks pageant. The Red Car reenters Eliasburg from Hollywoodland via Central Ave, veering south down Blue Moon Blvd and trailing directly into Town Square, all before heading north on Main Street, through the Hub, into Hollywoodland, and back to Blue Moon Blvd.

9LeIa12UB3PL5rzJs4ZyXntY7-9xPieWUxdi6Igwg6CeDVTicegjMXjeAcaIAJ5e1ADk34BL1cZTsBKRmJCHr8yoSzFYklhhZroDbc-jAXJJ_UAvArX-Ayx2ceorexkX1Deth135

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6Kgf6Tnus

By 1958, The Mickey Mouse Club had warmed the hearts of America’s children. Given it is 1955, The Mickey Mouse Club resides opposite of the Eliasburg Hotel. Here, children are invited to become “Honorary Mouseketeers.” As such, classic Disney cartoons are shown in a small theatre, while Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy make special appearances in their traditional attire. Next door, The Mad Hatter, a shop devoted exclusively to hats and head gear resides, complete with the world-famous “MousekeEars.” Plaster mushrooms, faux flowers and vintage dolls of characters from Alice in Wonderland provide appropriate decor for the Mad Hatter-inspired shop. Ending the Complex - which happens to be connected to the adjacent Department Store - is Candyland, named for a 1955 original: Candyland.

FKoSXfk6z81AzjYJYxSn6f_Qc46_wKkHUgDmIkSDX0XmMEMMSV6yLHUQxkfntkav9_Isv_DrvAmgQ3r0eDnn8j2b9SaCecDfq6dwl2rLiywHy9MM6gOkVxv4ekO7_xD6M6LUrtLJ

In this candy shop of yore, peculiar treats and sweets of the period are sold from shelves stacked from floor-to-ceiling. In the storefront window, trained chefs create colorful caramel apples and taffies, while an antique circus organ provides a kooky underscore for the decor reminiscent of the 1955 board game. Odd inventory, such as marshmallow bouquets, chocolate Easter bunnies, bacon-flavored sodas, chocolate-dipped crickets, and peculiar popcorn varieties are in full supply.

“Science fiction double feature
Doctor X will build a creature…”

6YkCoYSvKKNUjzqGTzQe5rvLvXp87azv88lBSjeVxvJgiq7otlNM5QdcYUI3xMeI3NFF-aMqUW_CInYkg6NaYxCrbkft1C4cfT8H-Y69yxXWJ4Vt0aQNe333U0VWbkWs7ptYvAeT

At the corner of Blue Moon Blvd and Central Ave, perfect, considering its close proximity to Hollywoodland, the Sci-Fi Dine-In serves the ultimate in thematic dining. Though the restaurant’s aged facade - the Eliasburg Water District - suggests otherwise, we are instead immersed into a faux, outdoor realm of endless night, where vintage roadsters sit before a flickering, black-and-white movie screen. In a car-shaped booth of our own, we chow down on scrumptious morsels (popcorn served with every meal!) while watching scary clips on the big screen: attacking aliens, marauding mummies, rampaging robots and more, all to the orchestral themes of Bernard Herrmann and Bernhard Kaun. Naturally, animated shorts and skits intersperse the rather monstrous imagery, including an old favorite...

"Let's all go to the lobby!
Let's all go to the lobby!
Let's all go to the lobby to buy ourselves a treat!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8eb_ACLl8

In conjoint union with Main Street's northwestern block, we find the final stretch of Blue Moon Blvd, found opposite of the Sci-Fi Dine-In and Mary Ann’s Diner. Madame Bookseller, a supposed "used" book shop rivals even that of the Second Public Library, actually selling inventory from its near-endless array of bookshelves. The All-American Waffle Co. acts in lieu of your typical breakfast joint in the American Southwest, dishing up jumbo-sized, Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles, complete with your choice of toppings. Lillian’s Coffee House, a subtle nod to Mr. Disney’s beloved, overlooks the hustle and bustle of Eliasburg from the comfort of tall barstools, rocking chairs and a shaded front porch. Seeing as this is a well-disguised Starbucks location, the lines often stretch far out the front door and into the expansive plaza beyond in...

The Hub

DCA+Partners.jpg

Questions, comments, concerns? Please, feel free to share any and all feedback! I love hearing from readers. :)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Feedback would be much appreciated! :) This post might be the smallest in the series. But I have been known to have been wrong before...

The Hub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBkSy3dnIY8

RCSHUqrTFWr6zEvOSUnYe3s2R-YFxgp1Xc0omGviX_DZ4HswHVSkMYg073LEIPkj_WLQVwKMnwH5f-QlmUxbtksZd3VgTyz5OBMvGzYP3y8LOqQapgmyuVC8cezdRI89ZfZwqcu0

At the northern end of Eliasburg, in the center of the park, is the Hub of Disneyland, also referred to as the Central Plaza. From here, all paths to the distinctively themed realms of Disneyland begin. A traditional “Hub & Spoke” layout, the quaint waters of a dark canal gently flow around the Plaza, quietly drifting into the various realms of discovery beyond. The elegant Plaza Swan Boats depart from a dock nestled near the cool waters of the Plaza. In this simple, relaxing cruise of pure leisure, we drift past thematic scenery and an entire menagerie of shaped topiaries, one such topiary notably shaped like a sea serpent.

The popular songs of Walt Disney's classic motion pictures provide a musical backdrop to the bustling activities of the Hub. With no shortage of comfortable benches, shady trees or cool fountains, the Hub is the ideal place to rest a spell and take in all the magic of Disneyland Park. Much like Eisenhower Park in Town Square, the Hub is reputable for its collection of snack vendors and colorful kiosks. The Plaza Popcorn Wagon is the first in several popcorn wagons found throughout the Magic Kingdom, noted for its butter-flavored popping corn. In a direct lift from Tokyo Disneyland, each popcorn wagon found throughout the park sells its own unique flavor, from honey-flavored in Fantasyland to cheddar bacon-flavored in Westernland.

upload_2016-12-30_9-59-50.jpeg

The lavish Crystal Palace overlooks the western half of the Hub, nestled quietly between the realms of Adventureland and Big City, U.S.A. Inside this "all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet with character," we feast alongside our favorite Disney friends. Inspired by Victorian greenhouses of the late 1800s, the Crystal Palace brims with light, topiaries and tropical palms, not forgetting a collection of crystal-chandeliers and whirring ceiling fans.

LNU2RvM7Ot4dmhR2vCWTzVzMTIdOMD9qpzmJSZGLEfVvEQuOq2wUmE-EoQVPEjgVbApBeZgHmkxvG03DhSsIUblsBvANJnIVOP0eVW_EfQ0vsRydza6VnS9lnM0MxNGVdX-NTYWG

Cast in bronze, the iconic Partners Statue stands in the heart of the Hub, where, as per tradition, Walt and Mickey, hand-in-hand, point down Main Street toward the horizon. Embroidered in Walt’s handwriting, a plaque reads:

“I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place - a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it.” - Walt Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwxkEXm_Ubs

AtuHOwQjE5cVybZy6iUKdxQGcV4sTMBrStkS1DjinijYFRdM7TMbE6hb68-IllqEnIpmVJ1RYpXh60zg-hiIubiGYaSl7MjmsBeBY626I6zWiM80JzWKqkJgxmVmksypU9WO1yyh

In tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade, Disney’s Paint the Night Parade illuminates the night in a spectacular pageant of magic and imagination, with millions of dazzling lights and astounding musical sounds. Featuring familiar friends, songs and settings from The Lion King, Moana, Tangled, Frozen, Monsters, Inc., Wreck-It Ralph and more, Paint the Night displays a spellbinding variation on the popular Hong Kong and California parade of the same name, unique from its international counterparts, though still set to the tune of “When Can I See You Again?”

Interestingly enough, the Parade Route does not lead directly down Main Street. Rather, each parade begins in Big City, U.S.A. to the Hub’s southwest, subsequently traveling through the upper half of the Hub and into Fantasyland via an open road between Fantasyland and The Galaxy. This is a near-direct lift of Tokyo Disneyland’s parade route which, due to the glass canopy of World Bazaar, does not lead down the main thoroughfare. As Eliasburg and the lower half of the Hub have low-hanging catenary (trolley wire), parade floats would simply be unable to make their way through the bustling suburb. By traveling through Big City, U.S.A., the Hub, and Fantasyland, life is made much easier - for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvxrBpwOXw

Utilizing the finest in pyrotechnic and digital technology, Live the Magic captivates spectators of all ages in a street-to-sky spectacular beyond imagination. One minute we’re standing in Eliasburg, the next, we’re transported into the timeless tales of Disney and beyond - soaring over London with Peter Pan, battling through the stars with Luke Skywalker, fighting evil alongside the Avengers, or witnessing a scene of fairy tale romance with Rapunzel. Using the entirety of Main Street and Snow White Castle, Live the Magic celebrates the magic of Disney in an immersive spectacular, harmoniously uniting the past, present and future of the Walt Disney Company.

Plaza-Restaurant1.jpg

Located between Eliasburg and Marvel City to the east, is the Plaza Inn restaurant. With tufted velvet furnishings, silk woven draperies, ornate floral carpets, beveled mirrors and polished brass fixtures, the Plaza Inn recreates the elegance and refinement of the Victorian age, all while acting as a seamless transition between 1950s America and the comic-book world of Stan Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEYm_XvDbkw

Our stage is set before Snow White Castle, a focus for the wonder that is Disneyland Park.

VnSewJaxqV7CKOv1vtUwqV8wWQpxMUgdppjE1JjRyCUNN4pmFV1lSrcLfrZAkNYrcoi10RwOvEkEgRoQdaMWd9CvNB_JUZ7HsHJaPE690LacjamqxXnL756g2ovQ9Frq--J48VVL

Snow White Castle is a fairy tale made real, a fanciful icon with its roots engraved in pure fantasy. The gorgeous palace derives its inspiration from artist Gustaf Tenggren, as well as La Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant of Disneyland Paris. Hues of pink, blue and gold illuminate and reflect in the sunlight, a tasteful complement to the spiraling-turrets and vertical orientation. Rolling green hills cling to the castle’s foundation, whilst miniature trees and flowerbeds complement the “enchanted” landscape. High above the drawbridge presides a magnificent stained glass window, its likeness boasting that of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, a la Kingdom Hearts.

FhragTcsueoUFom4LcplXN6EgIaO9gCn3LMh5GqAhF9k8eqFUqflynFRIouWNM9MP_2e2RpF4SKfagNAt4mrQ3MuAR98xYx3xaI1JpZHRayS8YMR23yW2YHYLyV03Npylcy-0Zer

Inside the castle, the Snow White story is told through over ten thousand individual tiles in a stunning mosaic, their colors flecked with real gold. The scenes speak of romance, magic, and beautiful dreams come true, and it all makes a fitting portal to the dreams found in...

Fantasyland

Up next, we'll visit Fantasyland. Stay tuned...

Though not mentioned in the "official" post, this park's Hub points its focus toward rest and relaxation. Firework viewing is secondary here, meaning the trees found throughout the Hub are big and shady. As such, the well-kempt lawns are free for use, unobstructed by iron gates, though the flowerbeds remain behind fencing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom