deleted

Ismael Flores

If you look closely to the map of the expansions pointed out you can see an area right behind the castle that is circled. That is supposedly the plot of land that will have this ne
Screen-Shot-2016-11-22-at-1.jpg
w addition to the castle added

No Name

Of course it's hard to judge from concept art, but as of now, I actually kinda like the look.

I really like the general shape, with it being low and wide on the bottom, and then soaring upward, with one distinctly tall spire. That's good, really good! SDL's doesn't do that right. I think this castle feels far more majestic.

It's got a kind of funky vibe to it, which I like. Sure, it almost looks a bit scary, with those "Kremlin-inspired turrets," but overall, I feel that it's got a pretty unique style. And uniqueness is good, really good!

I do wonder, with this change in style, if it'll remain Sleeping Beauty's castle. Perhaps she will be evicted and it'll become a princess sorority home, like Shanghai's.

But overall, a unique castle is better than a clone of Disneyland's original. A small castle can be seen as "quaint" in a park that's full of history and legacy, built by Walt over 60 years ago. It is simply small in a park built barely over a decade ago, especially compared to big brother Shanghai. I think the castle change will help bolster the park's reputation and drive attendance in the years to come.

DDLand

Alright, so I'm wondering if there are any people who know about Fireworks that can help me.

Something overlooked is the fact that FrozenLand is being built in area that was officially designated for Firework Fallout. Obviously the option to build was strong enough to disrupt any previous arrangements, yet it leaves me wondering what they'll do for fireworks. The concept art is all centered on projections and fountains. There is one shot with fireworks, but those appear to be being shot from the base of the castle much like other Magic Kingdom Parks use pyro for stage shows.

Admittedly I know pretty much nothing about fireworks, except that you don't want them falling on people's heads. I'm curious if the Castle was somewhat necessitated by the idea that without large scale fireworks displays, there would need to be a greater reliance on projections and water features. I doubt they want to have to vacate FrozenLand before each show, so by bolstering the size of the castle they could get away with losing their primary launch site.

Do people still think launches are feasible?

RandySavage

Of course it's hard to judge from concept art, but as of now, I actually kinda like the look.

I really like the general shape, with it being low and wide on the bottom, and then soaring upward, with one distinctly tall spire. That's good, really good! SDL's doesn't do that right. I think this castle feels far more majestic.

It's got a kind of funky vibe to it, which I like. Sure, it almost looks a bit scary, with those "Kremlin-inspired turrets," but overall, I feel that it's got a pretty unique style. And uniqueness is good, really good!

I do wonder, with this change in style, if it'll remain Sleeping Beauty's castle. Perhaps she will be evicted and it'll become a princess sorority home, like Shanghai's.

But overall, a unique castle is better than a clone of Disneyland's original. A small castle can be seen as "quaint" in a park that's full of history and legacy, built by Walt over 60 years ago. It is simply small in a park built barely over a decade ago, especially compared to big brother Shanghai. I think the castle change will help bolster the park's reputation and drive attendance in the years to come.

This post nicely sums up my own opinion. (I believe it was stated in a press release it is going 'sorority.')

Been hoping for a new HKDL castle for years, but this concept goes a lot further than what I had imagined, in a good way. Also like the idea of vegetation climbing up the towers.

Will be very interesting to see the final form it takes and how seemlessly the original castle is integrated.

Some other pre-opening proposals for HKDL castle:
HKDL castle concepts.png

Reminder of how much a design can change from concept to construction (Shanghai's earliest castle artwork):
SDL castle concepts.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom