Remember when mtv was good

invadersam

Original Poster
I wish mtv was still good with shows like beavis and butthead and jack&@$ and crank yankers
I am just wondering if anyone else is
Hi I'm johnny Knoxville and welcome to jack&@$

21stamps

The only shows I ever watched on MTV are-

The Real World.
Road Rules Real World Challenges.
The Hills.
Laguna Beach.

In that order.lol

SAV

"When Remote Control Continues!"
articleInline.jpg

I remember watching it when the first video ever aired. I was addicted to it for a long time. Home from school and it was on...for hours. The top 10 video countdown every day. It was only videos for a long time.

invadersam

Original Poster
that was a great show
me and my dad use to watch the music videos and shows like jackass and pimp my ride when i was little

mouse_luv

I miss the hours upon hours of music videos. Real music lol. But, if they wanted to bring back the Sifl and Olly Show I wouldn't complain.

prberk

I was 19 the day it launched. The only "shows" I ever watched on MTV were music videos. ;)

MTV= Music Television. Whatever happened to the music part? That is when it was great for me.

The music died when they started putting out programming that catered to a specific audience.

When they launched, had knowledgeable "VJs" commenting on the music, and did not have "shows" = "when MTV was good"!

Remember "MTV News" newsbreaks for rock and pop music news?
Remember waiting for the top of the next even hour (12, 2, 4, 6, etc.) to the see the groundbreaking long-form "Thriller" video in 1983?
Do you remember them playing "Money For Nothing" from Dire Straights and recognizing that, yes, they were MTV playing a video that directly satirized it?
Do you remember the VJs? How many VJs can you name? (Martha Quinn...).
Do you remember the "I want my MTV" commercials to get your cable provider to add it?
Do you hear the music when you visualize the famous flag on the moon MTV station ID promo?
Do you remember NBC trying to catch the wave of MTV's popularity by adding "Friday Night Videos" to its late night lineup?

THAT is when MTV was good!

snek

I watched trl, mob wives, 16 and pregnant... Wait actually I have no idea if I'm mixing up vh1 shows and mtv shows now. Anyway I don't watch either channel anymore. Now I'm strictly a bravo fan for my crappy, messy, petty reality TV.

21stamps

I watched trl, mob wives, 16 and pregnant... Wait actually I have no idea if I'm mixing up vh1 shows and mtv shows now. Anyway I don't watch either channel anymore. Now I'm strictly a bravo fan for my crappy, messy, petty reality TV.
I didn't watch any of those.. but I do watch Below Deck on Bravo..I have a total girl crush on Kate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom