DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Magic Feather

Have we gotten any kind of confirmation (from Disney or from an insider) that any new effects will be added or old ones fixed? My understanding is that the only confirmed thing they were doing was fixing flooding and damage from flooding and people just assumed effect fixes or additions since it is taking so long.
Yes new effects will be added. Some old "effects" will be removed.
PS: I would be shocked if this wasn't already brought up.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yes new effects will be added. Some old "effects" will be removed.
PS: I would be shocked if this wasn't already brought up.
It probably has been, but I'm still relatively new here, so i can't alway tell who the insiders with actual info are. So, I wasn't sure if it was just a rumor or confirmed by soneone.

That's awesome though! I love this ride and can't wait to see what's new!

SplashJacket

Does Cedar Fair own The Peanuts? I know their parks are centered around them, don't know the trademark or copyright laws though.
There are such things called licensing deals. Such as avatar for animal kingdom and also the chineese theater for HS (Moment of silence please). Moral is a company pays to use their domain for ex amount of time or permenant. Universal bid more on Harry Potter therefore got it. Not sure if they own it or not, but if they don't own it this is how they are using it.

21stamps

There are such things called licensing deals. Such as avatar for animal kingdom and also the chineese theater for HS (Moment of silence please). Moral is a company pays to use their domain for ex amount of time or permenant. Universal bid more on Harry Potter therefore got it. Not sure if they own it or not, but if they don't own it this is how they are using it.
They do not own the characters but they have a theme park licensing deal in at least the US.
Thanks!

SplashJacket

I'm so excited! I'm leaving for WDW on Thursday, and we are gonna stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time ever and we have fast passes for Dinosaur on Monday :D

djkidkaz

They're reporting major changes to the queue as well. Now I really hope Disney has found a way to fix the queue setup so that people aren't walking into the pre-show after it starts (e.g., move the FB/standby merge point to earlier in the queue). That would be a holiday miracle.

That doesn't really bother me so much. Just fix the broken / turned off effects and I'll be happy.

Interestingly, one of the only things in the park not to be touched by Imagineering heading into the opening of Pandora is Expedition Everest. I mean, they even worked on Flights of Wonder, but haven't announced any sort of refurbishment to Everest. Yeti isn't working, bird on a stick isn't working, steam at top of mountain isn't working and there is still some light bleed in the backwards portion. Hopefully they are saving the best for last.

AEfx

They're reporting major changes to the queue as well. Now I really hope Disney has found a way to fix the queue setup so that people aren't walking into the pre-show after it starts (e.g., move the FB/standby merge point to earlier in the queue). That would be a holiday miracle.

As long as they don't get rid of Phylica Rashad! It's the last place we can see her now since they yanked the Cosby Show off of the air.

Marc Davis Fan

Interestingly, one of the only things in the park not to be touched by Imagineering heading into the opening of Pandora is Expedition Everest. ... Hopefully they are saving the best for last.

I hope the same. I was thinking maybe the reason the CTX refurb was happening at such an odd time is so that EE could undergo a refurb in Jan-Feb.

...But presumably it would already be on the schedule if EE were getting a refurb so soon, right? Plus, the CTX refurb's timing was apparently due to those infrastructure issues, so it might not be a clue to anything.

Bairstow

Theoretical question- how much would it cost to completely replace Dinosaur's preshow and onboard audio track with something of comparable quality?

Calm Down Rover

They need to fix those frames. Institute logo's awkwardly cropped

Yeah, as much as I like seeing original, non-film-related art for one of my favorite rides, these signs unfortunately look kind of unprofessional.

Interesting to hear that a queue revamp might be in the cards. It strikes me as kinda unnecessary, since the line moves so quickly and it's admittedly dinky appearance seemed to be part of the storyline (with Dr. Marsh herself calling the exhibits "quaint"). Just please... No interactive queue games! AT MOST a couple of touch screens with dinosaur information would blend in with the museum theme.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, as much as I like seeing original, non-film-related art for one of my favorite rides, these signs unfortunately look kind of unprofessional.
The William Stout dinosaur artwork's been there since the attraction first opened (he did concepts for both the ride and the movie). They just changed up the graphic design surrounding it.

Calm Down Rover

The William Stout dinosaur artwork's been there since the attraction first opened (he did concepts for both the ride and the movie). They just changed up the graphic design.

Yep, I remember them from the McDonalds sponsorship ("Have you had a crocodilian today?"). I don't recall seeing them in recent years, but I could be misremembering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom