"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

SorcererMC

There has been internal discussions about reducing firework usage. Projections, drones and other light sources are seen as potential replacements.

I'm sort of surprised they haven't started to phase out the fireworks yet...so any 'heads up' you might be able to give in the future would be appreciated.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting - I had not heard that, I thought the drones were in addition to not a potential replacement of.
I'm sure you will continue to see firework shows. But as we have seen with projections, and now drones, they present an alternative for nighttime shows that didn't really exist before. So I wouldn't say they are a replacement in most cases, and will certainly be used in addition to fireworks in some cases.

pajammies

Any thoughts on whether or not Disney Springs will continue the show after the holidays? We will be there in Feb, I would like to see it!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There has been internal discussions about reducing firework usage. Projections, drones and other light sources are seen as potential replacements.

They can send up a thousand drones with LED panels to create a ginourmous TV screen in the sky. Then they can simulate fireworks with giant speakers on the ground for the booms!

brb1006

ok ... I am now fascinated by Lotte World !!! oh.my.god. hysterical.
The parade is am impressive Disney Knock-off.
Don't forget the characters
Looking at you totally not Mickey and Minnie raccoons.
lotte.png

VJ

ok ... I am now fascinated by Lotte World !!! oh.my.god. hysterical.
The parade is am impressive Disney Knock-off.
Not even two minutes in and it's already ripping off the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack... Wonder what the rest of the show holds.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They can pre load GPS instructions but I am guessing they combine that with a few computers for lighting, positioning and some redundancy built in as well.

A single broadband GPS jammer on a truck on I-4 or any local highway will create complete chaos... As this schmuck did at Newark Airport

https://www.cnet.com/news/truck-driver-has-gps-jammer-accidentally-jams-newark-airport/

These things are incredibly common these days.

http://www.gps.gov/spectrum/jamming/

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Does every single thing you post have to be about the negative side of things? It must be awful to live that way.

Unsurprisingly I'm paid to think about things going wrong and how to fix them. So yes I DO spend every day looking for the proverbial worm in the apple and I'm really good at finding them and determining whether said worm is an annoyance or a showstopper.

Personally I LIKE the idea of the Drone show and would love to see one, That said I would not stand under the drones for any amount of money.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They are also illegal.

Yes they are and the FCC really does not have a sense of humor about people who use them, Yet when the GPS in your car goes nuts for no apparent reason somewhere there is a GPS jammer nearby used by some meathead who thinks it only blocks THEIR personal space, And they are CHEAP as in less than 100 bucks at any truck stop (an 'under the counter item' along with the 'Kickers' i.e. illegal CB amplifiers).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom