New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding the boat bump? I was told it was too minor to matter, if it even happened, as my friend has no clue, while my other said she heard rumblings, so I can't fully answer that. As for the December delay, I was told that the original Soft Opening goal was missed, but, if you remeber how I said softs were originally going to go, then you will know that (as of now) what month this opens in is kind of up to judgement, although, I believe the original media day was scrapped. But I would love to be proved wrong @marni1971
Nothing more from me.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If I may....

To the few hyper-specific "insiders" here (meaning, those of you who seem to want us to believe you have the inside track on this project) stop. You guys have been wrong multiple times here. Stop saying "soon" stop saying Nov 18th. Stop saying December. Just stop.

or don't stop....Just don't expect any of us to take you seriously.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I may....

To the few hyper-specific "insiders" here (meaning, those of you who seem to want us to believe you have the inside track on this project) stop. You guys have been wrong multiple times here. Stop saying "soon" stop saying Nov 18th. Stop saying December. Just stop.

Can I say last April then?

:D

Magic Feather

If I may....

I'm sorry you think that, but to be honest, plans change! Did RoL originally open as planned on Earth Day? No! Did Discovery Bay, or the Isreal Pavillion, or the original SWL get built? No! Did the original NFL plans happen? No! Did the Frontierland Expansion planned for 2019 happen? No! Did the WDW Tron Ciaster Get built? No!I will admit, that I did give out a few chunks of bad info recently, because that is what I was given, and I no longer post information from that friend, but, almost every person here with even an ounce of extra knowledge is subject to be wrong, because plans change. The info is of the current goals, not permenant goals, and if you had a mystic gaze into RoL planning meeting, you would hear the same things being posted. (With a few exceptions). So, I highly suggest you stop trying to discredit people, simply because Plans Change, and subsequently info does.
PS: Sorry if this came across as harsh, just trying to get the point across :).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So, I highly suggest you stop trying to discredit people, simply because Plans Change, and subsequently info does.
Nice diatribe. I'll quote this bit.

You and others in here have discredited yourselves. You guys come in, and are sooo sure about what you post. For example...

Never say never, but don't bet on it. There are a few timelines floating, but expect absolute latest Halloween.

Just heard Cast Rehersals for RoL will start soon. No word on an exact date.

No softs (except maybe day before) only previews, but other than that, that is the timeline that seems to be winning.

Because they want to make sure everything is 100% polished prior to opening so consecutive nights of testing. Doesn't mean it won't run for people prior to November.

It is just tiring to read you guys constantly telling us. Don't worry, it's opening. But then, nah. Just knock it off. Unless you have ACTUAL hard info, just stop. Follow @marni1971 's example. He gives us what info he can share, which is usually awesome, and makes it clear if things are still up in the air. You guys just try so hard to be insiders.

Magic Feather

You and others in here have discredited yourselves. You guys come in, and are sooo sure about what you post. For example...

It is just tiring to read you guys constantly telling us. Don't worry, it's opening. But then, nah. Just knock it off. Unless you have ACTUAL hard info, just stop. Follow @marni1971 's example. He gives us what info he can share, which is usually awesome, and makes it clear if things are still up in the air. You guys just try so hard to be insiders.
I know, and the two you quoted from me are the instances where I had bad info as referenced, and I am nit afraid to admit it. RoL is one of those projects that I only heard from two people about, one of which proved to be unreliable. That is all.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I know, amd the two you quoted from me are the instances where I had bad info as referenced, and I am nit afraid to admit it. RoL is one of those projects that I only heard from two people about, one of which proved to be unreliable. That is all.
That's my point. You guys don't have good info.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I know, and the two you quoted from me are the instances where I had bad info as referenced, and I am nit afraid to admit it. RoL is one of those projects that I only heard from two people about, one of which proved to be unreliable. That is all.

I think in all fairness Rivers of Light has been such a cluster that no one will know for sure now until possibly a few days before non core showing. If that.

I think most of the information given has been in good faith. And was true at time of posting.

It's been quite the embarrassment for those involved, and for those tying to keep up.

Jones14

That's my point. You guys don't have good info.
Lack of understanding on your part of how information like this is passed along is not a license to try prevent other people from sharing said information. Feather has already admitted that in one particular case, he/she was wrong.

The info provided by the people you quoted comes from good sources who occasionally happen to be wrong. That doesn't make it bad info, it means plans change, and if it bothers you to hear information that occasionally is inaccurate passed along in a thread revolving around news and rumors, maybe general discussion would better serve your needs.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think in all fairness Rivers of Light has been such a cluster that no one will know for sure now until possibly a few days before non core showing. If that.

I think most of the information given has been in good faith. And was true at time of posting.

It's been quite the embarrassment for those involved, and for those tying to keep up.

That was my point exactly. May have come across as too aggressive. I just thought, the best solution to stemming the flood of bad info, would be to stop posting bad info as facts.

LukeS7

That was my point exactly. May have come across as too aggressive. I just thought, the best solution to stemming the flood of bad info, would be to stop posting bad info as facts.
Anything that's not released by Disney themselves or without tangible proof should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't think anybody posting here claims to be posting concrete facts, rather likelihoods based on whisperings they've heard

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Lack of understanding on your part of how information like this is passed along is not a license to try prevent other people from sharing said information. Feather has already admitted that in one particular case, he/she was wrong.

The info provided by the people you quoted comes from good sources who occasionally happen to be wrong. That doesn't make it bad info, it means plans change, and if it bothers you to hear information that occasionally is inaccurate passed along in a thread revolving around news and rumors, maybe general discussion would better serve your needs.
There is no "lack of understanding."

The info passed along is admittedly, bad. So how is my suggestion that they stop sharing bad info, a crazy idea?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rivers was planned to open last April.

Then something happened that had an impact on almost every aspect of the show. Many things had to be changed, and often solving one thing upset another two things. And so on.

Often everything was solved in isolation or on paper until it was actually tried. And then things went back to the start again.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If I may....

I can't speak for everyone... but many of us share what we hear from those closer to the matter....it is important to understand that by the time things have been communicated and shared that it may have already changed based on another issue or test, etc.... which seems to be the case by the week for this project. No one is pretending to know all....we are sharing "news and rumors" in the news and rumors forum. Truth be told, I'm not sure the #1 person in charge of this project knows all at this point...so even what they could get on here and communicate may not be correct as soon as they hit the reply button....it's been a magic cluster of epic proportion. Things are changing all the time... it doesn't mean what we share isn't/wasn't true at the time

Jones14

There is no "lack of understanding."

The info passed along is admittedly, bad. So how is my suggestion that they stop sharing bad info, a crazy idea?
In a singular, isolated case, yes, there was bad info. Do you want them to use their clairvoyant powers to determine which info is bad? Only hindsight is 20/20; if they feel that the info they're given is good, they share it, and there's no concrete way to know for certain if they're right until it happens.

Rteetz

Don't bring me into this. I'm no insider. Occasionally I get info but nothing like some of these other guys.

What I reported there was true. Cast rehearsals did happen and certain cast even previewed the show I know that. That doesn't mean everything is 100% to go though for guests to start seeing the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom