New Ideas for a return visit next Fall.

56srogers

I have been to WDW numerous times. I have stayed at all resort levels, parasailed, at the Contempoary,dined at hoop Dee doo, the Luau,dessert party and tried some tours. I will probably do another tour and visit a new resort or even restaurant. However I was wondering about other fun things to try. Even if it is small.

Last edited:

DManRightHere

I have been to WDW numerous times. I have stayed at all resort levels, parasailed, at the Contempoary,dined at hoop Dee doo, the Luau,dessert party and tried some tours. I will probably do another tour and visit a new resort or even restaurant. However I was wondering about other fun things to try. Even if it is small.

The only thing we've ever really splurged on is wishes dessert party. If you love sweets, and want a great view of the fireworks, it is very nice.

We are going to try out hoop dee doo review on our oncoming trip. I've always been interested in fantasia gardens mini golf and renting a sea racer too.

Upvote 0

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The only thing we've ever really splurged on is wishes dessert party. If you love sweets, and want a great view of the fireworks, it is very nice.

We are going to try out hoop dee doo review on our oncoming trip. I've always been interested in fantasia gardens mini golf and renting a sea racer too.

Fantasia Gardens is nice, but I've always been partial to the winter-summer land mini golf. it's been a looooong time since my family has done either though since I'm the only one who is really into mini golf

Upvote 0

AndyS2992

Ride Big Thunder Mountain during Wishes, my mother still talks about it. Great fun. Also try the mini golf courses, we tried them on our last trip and loved it.

Upvote 0

The Empress Lilly

Also try the mini golf courses, we tried them on our last trip and loved it.
Love those too! Me I did the Fantasia Fairways last trip. It looks like a miniature golf course more than mini-golf, and play wise it's more like actual golf putting. Fun. I totally beat my competitor too. (I think she's still busy trying to finish that course!)

Well it's not that much of a hot secret tip, but still easily overlooked.

Upvote 0

56srogers

Original Poster
I have done mini golf. It is fun and both water parks. I however never have been to ESPN sports. I can do disney world over and over it's great. I will give the riding big thunder during wishes a try

Upvote 0

ajkraz

Go on the Characters in Flight balloon, really great views

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Pressed Pennies. I gone every year for the past 5 years and wanted to try something new this time. I enjoyed it, was fun! And there are so many machines that this new little hobby will take many trips to get them all! You can google Disney Pressed Penny maps to see where they're all located.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ever try Cirque du Soliel? That makes for a fun family evening. The Gospel brunch at HOB is entertaining and the buffet is excellent. Or try doing some things off property to give yourself a chance to see things in the Orlando area. Theres many great dinner shows and museums.

Upvote 0

56srogers

Original Poster
Cirque!! I have never been. I have been outside of disney as well Busch gardens, old town, sea world etc. I do want to check out the Orlando eye

Upvote 0

thomas998

A few things you don't have on your list...

1) Typhoon lagoon if you want to swim with sharks.
2) EPCOT snorkel/dive experience (can't remember the exact name).
3) Dessert cruise, several to go with from the large with lots of people to the smaller pontoon boats for a smaller group... Also a special one just for kids in the Fall around Halloween at Grand Floridian on select nights.
4) and this could be the best... Universal... Yeah it isn't Disney but if you're like our family that has pretty much done Disney to the point that we no longer need a map for the parks or the roads connecting them, Universal is a nice change of pace.

Upvote 0

56srogers

Original Poster
A few things you don't have on your list...

1) Typhoon lagoon if you want to swim with sharks.
2) EPCOT snorkel/dive experience (can't remember the exact name).
3) Dessert cruise, several to go with from the large with lots of people to the smaller pontoon boats for a smaller group... Also a special one just for kids in the Fall around Halloween at Grand Floridian on select nights.
4) and this could be the best... Universal... Yeah it isn't Disney but if you're like our family that has pretty much done Disney to the point that we no longer need a map for the parks or the roads connecting them, Universal is a nice change of pace.
Very true about giving universal a try again. Its been quite a few years besides going to City walk. I did like going to Cape Canaveral as well. Thanks for all the ideas.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Very true about giving universal a try again. Its been quite a few years besides going to City walk. I did like going to Cape Canaveral as well. Thanks for all the ideas.
We did both KSC and UNI this summer and LOVED both. My suggestion would be Behind the Seeds in the Land if you've never done it and eat at Sanna, safari without getting bumped around LOL, another fun thing is the monorail shop hop

Upvote 0

56srogers

Original Poster
We did both KSC and UNI this summer and LOVED both. My suggestion would be Behind the Seeds in the Land if you've never done it and eat at Sanna, safari without getting bumped around LOL, another fun thing is the monorail shop hop
I really do want to try to expand to a new restaurant that's not just American foods. I just keep being hesitant with the unique flavors.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I really do want to try to expand to a new restaurant that's not just American foods. I just keep being hesitant with the unique flavors.
In that case you may want to try Tusker House(lunch or dinner). Best character meal IMHO, there's quite a variety of foods from simple to quite flavorful. That way you can take baby steps to adventure or jump right in.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

We've stayed at a lot of the resorts too. But we still enjoy Resort hoping a day. This is the easiest for the MK and Epcot area hotels. I'd also recommend spending more time at Disney springs. We go every trip but tend to hurry our time there tiger to a park in the evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom