no news is just NO NEWS..

WEDwaydatamover

I have no idea what your ranting about 21stamps. I assume it has something to do with the 21 "L's" stamped on your forehead.

I read your piece 4 times and have no idea where your attacking from. Where one and a half years comes in to anything I mentioned?

Maybe get out of the house and take a lap around the block. Maybe go on a date. You seem to have a lot of pent up anger MR. RAGING CAPS.

×Maybe scratch the date advice ×

-confused????

21stamps

I have no idea what your ranting about 21stamps. I assume it has something to do with the 21 "L's" stamped on your forehead.

I read your piece 4 times and have no idea where your attacking from. Where one and a half years comes in to anything I mentioned?

Maybe get out of the house and take a lap around the block. Maybe go on a date. You seem to have a lot of pent up anger MR. RAGING CAPS.

×Maybe scratch the date advice ×

-confused????
You sound like a real stand up guy. Maybe try reading the thread and what it's about. Reading comprehension can be a plus in life.

You did just prove a point that I mentioned yesterday. When it comes to most of the complainers on this site, the problem is not with Disney, but obviously with one's mental state.

Have a magical evening :)

Mickey5150

So having just gotten back from my annual fall trip to WDW I'd say there is plenty of new things happening. A Frozen ride, a new Soarin, nighttime safari, Star Wars Fireworks, Town Center in DS, and then when I go back next year Avatar and Rivers of Light will be open. Sure seems like WDW is adding a lot of new things.

WEDwaydatamover

I don't see it as griping for the sake of griping. I was giving my own thoughts not that of the original posting.

I think the quality of the resort while bigger is not necessary better than it once was.

Let me get this straight. If one has an issue with Disney and chats about it on a Disney fan forum than that person has a mental problem/ issue? (state)

Will you check yes please 22stamps.

Last edited:

Raineman

I don't think people expect something big and new every time they visit as much as they expect consistant show, quality and value that was once there and now seems hit and/or more frequently missed.
The point in the OP's post was their dismay at the perceived lack of new attractions at WDW, and that's what people are responding to here, including myself. That has nothing to do with any debate on the quality and value of a WDW vacation, other than the fact that, if Disney were to refocus on making the existing attractions/shows/parks better to appease people who complain about the perceived decline at WDW, the people who are now complaining about how long it takes to get new things installed at WDW would be complaining even more, as more money/time/resources would be diverted from new projects to refurbing existing items of concern, which would further delay the new stuff that they are complaining about. Even with the money and resources Disney has at their disposal, they cannot build new attractions and massively improve current ones at the same time-$ and resources are not infinite, even to a corporation like Disney.

raven

I can totally understand the OP's train of thought. An attraction is an attraction (not a shop, meet & greet, restaurant, etc). Disney has indeed slowed down in the past year as far as attraction offerings to it's current guests. And "scheduled to open" attractions are just that, scheduled. But we all know Disney's track record with that. I just think they have too many construction projects happening all at once that their current guests are left looking at walls, signs and cranes on their visits right now.

21stamps

I can totally understand the OP's train of thought. An attraction is an attraction (not a shop, meet & greet, restaurant, etc). Disney has indeed slowed down in the past year as far as attraction offerings to it's current guests. And "scheduled to open" attractions are just that, scheduled. But we all know Disney's track record with that. I just think they have too many construction projects happening all at once that their current guests are left looking at walls, signs and cranes on their visits right now.

Anyone is entitled to feel any way that they want to feel.

I just have a difficult time comprehending why anyone would spend thousands of dollars on a vacation when they obviously are not happy with the destination.

I work hard for my money, I'm sure most others do as well. You won't ever see me booking a vacation that I have negative feelings towards before I even pay for it. It just blows my mind that someone even would.

Mr_Incredible

Anyone is entitled to feel any way that they want to feel.

I just have a difficult time comprehending why anyone would spend thousands of dollars on a vacation when they obviously are not happy with the destination.

I work hard for my money, I'm sure most others do as well. You won't ever see me booking a vacation that I have negative feelings towards before I even pay for it. It just blows my mind that someone even would.
This.

My wife and I sat down last year while deciding where to go, our last trip to Disney was spring 2013, Universal late 2013, and a Disney Cruise 2014....we made a list of things we want to see, got our very tall (56") 8 year olds opinion since he can ride everything now, and we all decided on Universal. We thought they had more to offer us than our last trip THAT WE ENJOY that was new for us. Disney didn't (we don't care about frozen or mine train ride)

So we spent our money and went to Sapphire falls, rode Kong, saw Diagon Alley and rode Gringotts, did HHN (not our son lol) for the first time....and felt our money was well spent! We had a great time!

Now we're home, and planning next years trip, and Disney is where we're going! They will have all kinds of new stuff for us (Avatar, ROL etc) so that's where our moneys going to!

It's that simple folks, if you think Disney hasn't brought new things to the table...go to universal, go to a local theme park, go to the beach, save your money, get a cabin in the mountains.

As long as Disney is the most visited place on earth, even with a lack of expansion of RIDES....why would they change anything?

21stamps

This.

My wife and I sat down last year while deciding where to go, our last trip to Disney was spring 2013, Universal late 2013, and a Disney Cruise 2014....we made a list of things we want to see, got our very tall (56") 8 year olds opinion since he can ride everything now, and we all decided on Universal. We thought they had more to offer us than our last trip THAT WE ENJOY that was new for us. Disney didn't (we don't care about frozen or mine train ride)

So we spent our money and went to Sapphire falls, rode Kong, saw Diagon Alley and rode Gringotts, did HHN (not our son lol) for the first time....and felt our money was well spent! We had a great time!

Now we're home, and planning next years trip, and Disney is where we're going! They will have all kinds of new stuff for us (Avatar, ROL etc) so that's where our moneys going to!

It's that simple folks, if you think Disney hasn't brought new things to the table...go to universal, go to a local theme park, go to the beach, save your money, get a cabin in the mountains.

As long as Disney is the most visited place on earth, even with a lack of expansion of RIDES....why would they change anything?

Exactly! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip! We were debating Universal this year, son wants to stay at WDW and do 1 day Uni/IoA including Grinchmas and the breakfast with it...he is 6 - 49 inches and gets very upset (at our own local amusement park) at the fact that he is not tall enough to ride a few coasters. He even built one on Minecraft and said "Now I can kind of ride it! My Diamondback does not have a height restriction." lol I can't justify the price of 1 day at Universal with a park to park and express pass, so we are waiting. As soon as he is tall enough we will stay for at least 5 nights!!!

I don't see any reason why people wouldn't choose other destinations besides Disney. There's a great big world to explore, and plenty of experiences to try. I found this article last year and saved it, it's absolutely one of the best articles I have ever read. http://community.today.com/parentin...ke-your-kids-to-see-the-real-non-disney-world

It almost seems like people here complain so much, but somehow feel obligated to still go to WDW.
Instead, they could broaden their horizons and I guarantee that, like your family, their next to trip to WDW will be full of excitement and something "new". :)

raven

You and I (as well as many other Disney fans here) know all about WDW. But there are guests who are taking a once-in-a-lifetime vacation right now that don't know much about the property and what USED to be available. I can certainly understand their frustration in seeing how many areas are unavailable when they discover it. To them it may feel they have visited too early or at the wrong time because certain big things aren't open yet. That's a common feeling for guests in this situation. But they also know if they ever come back when these things ARE open, they will be paying even more.

Goofyernmost

You and I (as well as many other Disney fans here) know all about WDW. But there are guests who are taking a once-in-a-lifetime vacation right now that don't know much about the property and what USED to be available. I can certainly understand their frustration in seeing how many areas are unavailable when they discover it. To them it may feel they have visited too early or at the wrong time because certain big things aren't open yet. That's a common feeling for guests in this situation. But they also know if they ever come back when these things ARE open, they will be paying even more.
Curious... if they don't know what is there or what used to be available, then how are they disappointed again? You are just making up things to make it sound awful when it isn't awful at all. Is it different for those of us that have been going for years? It certainly is! Is it awful? Only if you want it to be.

raven

You are just making up things to make it sound awful when it isn't awful at all.
So DHS being 1/2 the park that it used to be for the next 2+ years but still the same entry price is a good thing? I think you will find pages and pages of posts on this forum alone of other members saying just the opposite.

Contrary to popular belief, I can't magically "make up" closures of ride, shows, holiday offerings or entire sections of parks. Stop trying to start yet another argument with me. It's getting very old. If you don't like my posts hit the ignore button and move on.

Goofyernmost

So DHS being 1/2 the park that it used to be for the next 2+ years but still the same entry price is a good thing? I think you will find pages and pages of posts on this forum alone of other members saying just the opposite.

Contrary to popular belief, I can't magically "make up" closures of ride, shows, holiday offerings or entire sections of parks. Stop trying to start yet another argument with me. It's getting very old. If you don't like my posts hit the ignore button and move on.
You will find them making that argument yes, but, it just won't be true. Right now the only things missing that haven't been gone for years now is The BLT and the Auto Stunt show which never got there before 2005 anyway. BLT was a dud and hardly had any riders and although the stunt show was a people eater, it was quickly losing its following. So what was left is still there, for the most part. When the park opened ToT and RnRC didn't exist, nor did Fantasmic to any large degree. It really didn't have a lot of after dark draw. So, yes, what I said is still valid.

Oh, and btw, I don't recall forcing you into any discussion with me. However, discussion does not necessarily mean only if it agrees with your opinion. So if it's getting old... stop joining in. Simple! I will repeat, Disney/MGM or DHS, whichever era you want to look at, never did have much to do other then the very unpopular shows and demonstrations. It had no rides. It had a large commitment to the behind the scenes type walking/tram backlot tour and other then that... it was not then nor is it now a full day park. In fact in many ways it is more full day now with the expanded Fantasmic show then it was then. So yes, it is worthy of it's fee and considering that most people experience it using multi-day tickets, it isn't even all that expensive, comparatively speaking. Now you don't have to agree with what I just said, but you do have to prove that anyone besides you and a few other "I hate Disney, because I love them." people are all that upset about the cost of going there.

Also... the ignore button works in both directions. I don't rely on mechanical things to decide what I want to see and what I don't, nor do I resort to silly threats to get you to not disagree with me. However, feel free to put me on ignore if you like, I promise I will not lose one single minute of sleep over it.

raven

Also... the ignore button works in both directions. I don't rely on mechanical things to decide what I want to see and what I don't, nor do I resort to silly threats to get you to not disagree with me. However, feel free to put me on ignore if you like, I promise I will not lose one single minute of sleep over it.

Done.

Mr_Incredible

I just find that hard to believe, or ignorant, for people to be making a once in a lifetime trip, and do not bother to take advantage of everything this world has to offer as far as: unlimited information, message boards, news sites, email lists, travel agents, google, etc etc.

I just don't see how THAT MANY people are blindly going to Disney on a once in a lifetime trip....

Besides, isn't the original discussion of "complaining" based on the people here, constantly griping about their bad trip experiences? If they're on the "up and up" enough to create a user name, have an avatar, create a "trip countdown" signature and post a bad review....then they had no excuse "not knowing" what they were getting into by going to Disney right now in its current state.

21stamps

One question- if it is their first time going, and they made the decision to go based on the website and their own research, Why does it matter what USED to be there?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just find that hard to believe, or ignorant, for people to be making a once in a lifetime trip, and do not bother to take advantage of everything this world has to offer as far as: unlimited information, message boards, news sites, email lists, travel agents, google, etc etc.

I just don't see how THAT MANY people are blindly going to Disney on a once in a lifetime trip....

Besides, isn't the original discussion of "complaining" based on the people here, constantly griping about their bad trip experiences? If they're on the "up and up" enough to create a user name, have an avatar, create a "trip countdown" signature and post a bad review....then they had no excuse "not knowing" what they were getting into by going to Disney right now in its current state.
You would be surprised.

Not only do you have a fair number of people that show up with zero prep-work, an even larger number show up with inadequate prep work.

My wife's cousin was one such person. We hooked her up with a great Disney TA, gave her all the right web sites to look at along with the typical "do this, don't do that" conversation.

She ignored a good bit of all of the advice she was given, and while she had fun, by her own admission, it could have been much better had she listened.

Mr_Incredible

You would be surprised.

Not only do you have a fair number of people that show up with zero prep-work, an even larger number show up with inadequate prep work.

My wife's cousin was one such person. We hooked her up with a great Disney TA, gave her all the right web sites to look at along with the typical "do this, don't do that" conversation.

She ignored a good bit of all of the advice she was given, and while she had fun, by her own admission, it could have been much better had she listened.
And you would know more, as I believe you're with or were with KK, however I think this is one of those things where at least she ADMITTED she should've prepared more.

I am saying are that many people blindly going, and then also complaining?

You know what, don't answer that lol. I know the answer....people are looney sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom