CSR room rehab coming soon

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Its been a long wait but its finally here.

The new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A long piece of furniture that will house the USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version.

Also new is no more carpets, instead they'll have faux hardwood floors. The mattress will be a foam mattress, no more box springs (not sure I like this).

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available) and a cabinet. Ext to the sinks, a new closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some rooms and some will have a small tub/shower combo.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too and has Disney artwork on the walls.

Last edited:

Jess G

Rumor has it that the new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A long piece of furniture that will house the USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version.

Also new is no more carpets, instead they'll have faux hardwood floors. The mattress will be a foam mattress, no more box springs (not sure I like this).

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available), a closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some rooms and some will have a small tub/shower combo.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too.

When does this happen?!

WDW Monorail

Are there any pictures of the test rooms that can be released?

I've spent quite a few nights at the Coronado in the past 2 years and I really like the current rooms. The refurbished version sounds very nice as well and I am looking forward to the updated bathrooms.

LeighM

Rumor has it that the new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A long piece of furniture that will house the USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version.

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available), a closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some rooms and some will have a small tub/shower combo.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too.

That's great news about the rooms getting 2 sinks! I know it's such a small detail but that's one of the reasons I've never stayed at Coronado. I've always wanted to stay there but the 2 sinks at other moderates makes getting ready so much quicker. It looks like a stay at CSR is in my future. Finally!!

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Starting mid November 2016

There are pics but not that can be shared...yet.

Still no 5 guests to a room. I believe that is a county issue for CSR but not 100% sure.

Jess G

@Buzz2001 what building do you suggest I request to avoid being bothered by the refurb. We spend the afternoons at the hotel and do not want to be disturbed by noise. Thanks so much!

SAV

I really liked having the ceiling fan in the room. Too bad they are removing them. My wife will love that there is a Keurig in the room.

SteamboatJoe

I was wondering if this was going to happen soon. When I was there in November 2015, I definitely noticed wear and tear in my room, mostly in the form of scratches on the furniture. I was a little surprised but it definitely wasn't bothersome.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Rancho 6b is currently the first building to be completed but as with any Disnye project, this is subject to change

Buzz2001

Original Poster
I was wondering if this was going to happen soon. When I was there in November 2015, I definitely noticed wear and tear in my room, mostly in the form of scratches on the furniture. I was a little surprised but it definitely wasn't bothersome.
Mid-November is the start date for
osrcpd.jpg
the rehab. Building 6b has a fence up around it at this time. Could be unrelated

osrcpd.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Buck

I have a source who will be getting all of the furniture and fixtures that come out of Coronado and he tells me he will begin to get things in after the first of the year. Sounds like that is in line with the start date as they will start to pull it all out and send it once they clear all the rooms they plan to work on at that time.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I certainly like the idea of a walk-in shower. It would add another option for me to choose when it's finished. How long would all this take? A year or more for all the buildings?

Buzz2001

Original Poster
UPDATE:

The new rooms are doing away with some of the room furniture (armoire, chair and desk) and the ceiling fan. A gray cloth arm chair is in the corner. A long furniture piece will house the drawers, USB ports and glass front fridge (like a wine cooler). A 50" flat screen will be on the wall above the counter. A Kuerig coffee pot will replace the current version. There is also shelving.

Also new is no more carpets, instead they'll have faux hardwood floors. The mattress will be a memory foam, no more box springs (not sure I like this or if it was just for test rooms).

The bathroom is completely different. CSR will now have two sinks (counter space still available) and a medicine type cabinet next to the sinks, a new enclosed closet, new H2O products, and will have a walk in shower in some king rooms (casitas) and the rest of the rooms will have a tub.

The color scheme is lighter and brighter too, the sliding doors have a metallic look and there is Disney artwork on the walls.

The order will be ranchos, cabanas and then casitas

As always, until the construction starts, things are always subject to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom