Disney Parks to hold special event on Nov. 18 for Mickey's 88th Birthday

brb1006

Original Poster
* Disneyland will be holding a special pre-parade

* Walt Disney World will be have a special birthday-themed edition of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party at the Magic Kingdom

brb1006

Original Poster
Do they do this every year? If not, 88 seems like a pretty random number to start on :p

Something neat I just realized though- If the Mickey ride replacement ends up coming in 2018 like planned, that'll be his 90th birthday!:joyfull:
I don't think Disney did anything for Mickey's anniversary since 2003.

No Name

Well well. 88th birthday is a pretty random one to celebrate, considering they did not do much in years past. I assume that the marketing department just saw this as a good promotional opportunity. I certainly agree with them, and having Mickey travel the world and see people (and post it all to his new instargram account) is good too. The in-park stuff is a nice touch as well.

I'm not expecting any announcement about the Mickey ride, because I think they'll probably save that for D23 2017, but I suppose there's a chance. Maybe this whole thing is being done in part to build anticipation and appeal for the ride.

Side note. Are he and the others dabbing in that picture? Hate to be critical, but those are pretty bad imo, if that's what they're doing.

Do they do this every year? If not, 88 seems like a pretty random number to start on :p

Something neat I just realized though- If the Mickey ride replacement ends up coming in 2018 like planned, that'll be his 90th birthday!:joyfull:

I don't believe that it would open until 2019 at the earliest.

Last edited:

brb1006

Original Poster
Well well. 88th birthday is a pretty random one to celebrate, considering they did not do much in years past. I assume that the marketing department just saw this as a good promotional opportunity. I certainly agree with them, and having Mickey travel the world and see people (and post it all to his new instargram account) is good too. The in-park stuff is a nice touch as well.

I'm not expecting any announcement about the Mickey ride, because I think they'll probably save that for D23 2017, but I suppose there's a chance. Maybe this whole thing is being done in part to build anticipation and appeal for the ride.

Side note. Are he and the others dabbing in that picture? Hate to be critical, but those are pretty bad imo, if that's what they're doing.

They aren't dabbing but doing a different move based on a sports star.

prfctlyximprct

Supposedly he's not but it looks just as tacky.

HiYa Pal

It's actually my birthday as well, and I've been in the parks multiple times on our shared day, and other than Mickey and Minnie and I having a "moment" at a meet-n-greet (usually pointing at my birthday pin and then pointing back to themselves with excitement) the parks have never done anything when I've been there, and I honestly would think since "it all started with a mouse" there would be a little more of a to do....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom