Coronado Springs Expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a South Florida Water Management district permit filed yesterday to re-configure some of the storm water control ponds at Coronado Springs to make room for future additions. The permit does not give specifics on the additions but it does show where the storm water management changes will be. The pond marked in blue will be removed and I am pretty sure that the water marked in yellow will also be removed. To offset this a new pond will be built, and an existing one expanded where marked in red.

upload_2016-10-22_18-33-25.png

Jon81uk

Expanding conference facilities and accommodation for those guests at Coronado would make sense if they are planning on removing the conference facilites at the Contemporay to build more DVC. It would also make sense as DVC is more likely to sell close to the Magic Kingdom. However if they are expanding guest rooms they also need to build more restaurant capacity.

COProgressFan

I'm not opposed to adding convention space if necessary, but it would be a shame for them to get rid of the pretty lake right out in front of the resort and replace it with more buildings.

GrumpyFan

I have a hard time seeing DVC at this resort. It's a beautiful resort, but a bit too "business-oriented" with all of its conventions, plus very spread out. I just can't see it being in demand for people wanting to buy into it. I would guess more parking spaces.
However, the balloons are odd, I guess it could be for convention space expansion, and maybe a tower for additional rooms that would be closer to the main building.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a hard time seeing DVC at this resort. It's a beautiful resort, but a bit too "business-oriented" with all of its conventions, plus very spread out. I just can't see it being in demand for people wanting to buy into it. I would guess more parking spaces.
However, the balloons are odd, I guess it could be for convention space expansion, and maybe a tower for additional rooms that would be closer to the main building.
Hard to say. It will depend on the price point.

We looked at DVC several times and the math just never worked out for us largely because we were perfectly happy staying at value and moderate resorts vs deluxe one. If they can bridge that price gap we might give it another look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom