The Imagineering Gauntlet: Dream Finder's Revenge

RMichael21

I would like to announce that I will be hosting an Imagineering competition in late January or early February. If someone all ready occupies this spot then I will gladly move the time window I would love for you to reply if you are interested.
Sounds cool! I believe that SYWTBAI Season 14 begins at the begin in general of January, but that would be well underway by then so I think you're in the clear!

I'd just talk with @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild on how you could go about not stepping on each other's toes.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would like to announce that I will be hosting an Imagineering competition in late January or early February. If someone all ready occupies this spot then I will gladly move the time window I would love for you to reply if you are interested.
Do you have a theme or the specifics nailed down whether this is individual, team based, elimination/non-elimination, length/styles of challenges, how long the competition will be for, etc?

I only ask because sometimes that will encourage people to join if they know some specifics. :)

Also at this point, we had over 60 people participate in imagineering competitions this past year, and given that comps generally only accept 15-20 max, 6-8 minimum, you could technically have 3 comps running at the same time and it wouldn't be an issue.

I'd actually wager it's better to have more variety and expand, it gives people more options and allows more people to host rather than waiting months or years!:bookworm:

DlpPhantom

Original Poster
The officail name of the competition is now The Imagineering Gauntlet: Dreamfinder's Revenge. After getting replace back in 1999 Dreamfinder has returned to get revenge on future imagineers by put them to the test in the gauntlet an ever changing universe Dreamfinder has opened to test the imagineers only the best won't suffer to Dreamfinder's revenge.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Competition Synopsis

Having given up hope in the imagineers reviving his character, Dreamfinder takes all current armchair imagineers that he can find back in time to change Disney history and save his future. Sign ups are open now.
Sounds fun! I don't know if I'll have time, but I want to try to compete in this one too! Count me in

DlpPhantom

Original Poster
prompt number 1
Journey-Into-Imagination-Figment-Dreamfinder-Ride.jpg

1985 It was common knowledge that the turntable in the flight of fancy scene of Journey into Imagination didn't function properly and caused significant down time. It is your job to pitch a replacement for the scene without the use of a turn table.

Due date is Friday February 24

Remember this is happening in 1985 so only use tech available at the time.

The idea is to focus mainly on the effects and parts used to make the scene

The rest of the ride cannot be changed

Good luck

First place is worth 10 points

2nd 8 points

3rd 6 points

Everyone else gets 2 points

spacemt354

Chili's
One more day to sign up pls do.
Could this competition possibly be pushed back to mid-March?

The people who usually play in imagineering competitions are in SYWTBAI which takes up a lot of their forum time. Even the One Sentence Comp has dipped a little in activity as a result.

Once the cast of SYWTBAI is dwindled down to roughly half of the 21 contestants, I think this competition will have more activity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom