DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

MagicHappens1971

May I ask why you think Dino but not thunder mountain. Dino is now set to reopen on the 20th and thunder is set to reopen the 19th. I actually figured thunder mountian would have a better chance for a soft opening than Dino since it's been delayed twice already
It was just my opinion. In all honesty attractions don't usually open before their refurb is slated to end. Big Thunder is a much more extensive refurb from what we've heard

The Empress Lilly

That backward section is a crusher. Easily the most uncomfortable section of any coaster I've ever been on (and yes, I've ridden all of the mega-coasters at Cedar Point).
It feels like a horse kicking me in the stomach! And yes, I too ride every coaster out there.

Not that it's a bad thing. I do enjoy the idea of being afraid on a Disney coaster. ;)

They're all a bit tame, the family coaster of the 80s is the kiddie coaster of today. Space works because it is rough (hands off that track, and remove the brakes!), but otherwise only the start of RnRC and the backwards bit of EE are thrilling.

Animaniac93-98

Did they clean up the queen of hearts maze yet? :)

In progress. 2 month refurb until December. :)

CuUlHHOWEAADYz-.jpg

(photo from InsideDLParis)

WDWLover#1

Disneyland Paris: The Most Unwanted Place on Earth.

When I think about how much money they've sunk into that, that could have been spent to finish out the World Showcase and properly update Futureworld... it makes me so annoyed. I wish they'd just sell it to the highest bidder and be done with it.
DLP, IMHO, is the most beautiful and well designed park, second to Shanghai or TDS. It's AMAZING. With their 25th next year everything is currently getting major updgrades and refurbs. Interestingly, there's a major announcement on Monday.
But I would consider either going, or research it on You Tube.

FigmentForver96

Disneyland Paris: The Most Unwanted Place on Earth.

When I think about how much money they've sunk into that, that could have been spent to finish out the World Showcase and properly update Futureworld... it makes me so annoyed. I wish they'd just sell it to the highest bidder and be done with it.
You obviously have not been. Disneyland Paris is hands down the prettiest of the Magic Kingdoms in the world. It really is the next generation of Magic Kingdom that not even Shanghai was able to top. It takes the charm of the original Disneyland and mixes the size of Orlando to really create a beautiful experince. Many classics are familiar yet enhanced and different creating a new but slightly memorable time. The park next door...yea it sucks but it too is also getting better.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You obviously have not been. Disneyland Paris is hands down the prettiest of the Magic Kingdoms in the world. It really is the next generation of Magic Kingdom that not even Shanghai was able to top. It takes the charm of the original Disneyland and mixes the size of Orlando to really create a beautiful experince. Many classics are familiar yet enhanced and different creating a new but slightly memorable time. The park next door...yea it sucks but it too is also getting better.

It's MK style park is really pretty and has some really good things going for it. But I still like DLR and WDW much better.

Never would want to see DLP go away though

AEfx

Think there's any shot of a soft opening. You seem to really know everything Disney

Martin really does haha.

I can jump in on the refurb thing, though - soft openings are generally for testing new attractions. They generally are not done for refurbs. It can happen, but they are generally tightly scheduled and there isn't a reason to soft open them in most cases. Any testing that needs to be done is done without guests. The point of a soft open is to gauge reactions more than anything else, most of the time, which a simple refurb wouldn't need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom