DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

HM Spectre

It's better to have the refurb extended and done right than cut short and left unfinished.

It's better to realize what it takes to get it done right in the first place and set a refurb window that gives enough time to do it.

I'm going tomorrow. I had originally set AK up for the first park day of the trip. When the original refurb window got pushed back to October 17th from September, I changed my dining reservations around (some of which I had to wait a month to find a cancellation) to push my AK day back to the 20th so that we could ride it in post-refurb condition. All a giant waste of time.

I agree with you that it needs to be done right. It was supposed to be a 67 day refurb. It's now been extended 51 days past that window... at minimum. There's no excuse for missing by that much. At that point, you may as well say it's being closed indefinitely because at least then people won't build it into their expectations.

It's just frustrating, especially for a company that I hold (held?) to a higher standard.

ChrisM

Last time I was at DAK the high temperature for the day was 46F. Everybody in my group rode EE until we did not want to ride any more. For some that was 0 times but for me it took about 6 times in a row with no wait before I couldn't handle the backward dark section any more.

That backward section is a crusher. Easily the most uncomfortable section of any coaster I've ever been on (and yes, I've ridden all of the mega-coasters at Cedar Point).

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm hoping for Projection mapping for these areas...

The Old wing...I just feel that during Bill Nye's random pop up's could have a little more to see while waiting or at least have some interactivity within this area...
13256578073_d9cef8fdae.jpg

Throughout the entire ride the Meteor pieces falling are fairly hard to see...I do hope they incorporate this aspect for a more thrilling factor..
3Dinosaur-MeteorShower.jpg

Especially at the ending....Not only have the Carno head coming but, The Big Meteor to strike them dead as we escape...
23431160604_d6da1ce6a1_o.jpg

jklakeview

I'm going to be there until the 18th. Any chance you think there is a soft opening for thunder mountain or Dinosaur. I have a 4 year old finally tall enough to ride with his brother.

Gelatoni

I can't speak for Chris, but after a few times on the ride I find that section causing me to get light-headed and a bit nauseous. (That said, some of the coasters at Cedar Point physically hurt my at my advanced age!)
That's odd I've never had any issues with the ride.

matt9112

I'm hoping for Projection mapping for these areas...

The Old wing...I just feel that during Bill Nye's random pop up's could have a little more to see while waiting or at least have some interactivity within this area...
13256578073_d9cef8fdae.jpg

Throughout the entire ride the Meteor pieces falling are fairly hard to see...I do hope they incorporate this aspect for a more thrilling factor..
3Dinosaur-MeteorShower.jpg

Especially at the ending....Not only have the Carno head coming but, The Big Meteor to strike them dead as we escape...
23431160604_d6da1ce6a1_o.jpg

Yeah i agree on the meteor visibility

jklakeview

I hate to be the one to tell you, but maybe for Dinosaur, but I'd say very unlikely for Big Thunder.

May I ask why you think Dino but not thunder mountain. Dino is now set to reopen on the 20th and thunder is set to reopen the 19th. I actually figured thunder mountian would have a better chance for a soft opening than Dino since it's been delayed twice already

jklakeview

Two times in a row for me and that's it. It's the backwards part I think when you're turning and going back uphill...
The most uncoftable ride I have EVER risen in MY LIFE was the new one that just opened at Dollywood. I don't know if I just clicked my bar down too far or what, but I was dying to get off that ride about half way through it. It was horrible in my opinion. I've never had any trouble with Everest and I've risen it about 5 times in a row. But that's just me I guess

RSoxNo1

I can't speak for Chris, but after a few times on the ride I find that section causing me to get light-headed and a bit nauseous. (That said, some of the coasters at Cedar Point physically hurt my at my advanced age!)
The negative G-Forces? It's more intense than RnRC IMO. But when people say uncomfortable I think bumpy like Space Mountain or Matterhorn. Everest can be intense, I get that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom