Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

DManRightHere

I am disappointed (I guess that makes me a complainer too). I was looking forward to the SW show for our upcoming trip. Why do they have to shove Christmas in our face everywhere we go? Lol!

I'm sure this show will be good too, but it is not SW.

wendysue

I hope they have fireworks that you can see from our building at Pop Century. In April we watched the HS fireworks from outside of our room on the 4th floor balcony at 9:00 and then turned to watch the Epcot fireworks shortly after. Really cool and didn't have to wait for a bus to get back to the resort, or pay for a park ticket.

Weather_Lady

I won't complain about WDW offering something new (albeit replacing something else) -- only about the tardiness of this announcement. It's a nice change amid all the recent news about construction delays and extended refurbs, which have gradually whittled away at my family's plans. I just wish they could have announced this months ago. We'll be at WDW next month and would love to see this show, but at this point, with all of our ADRs and FP+ essentially set in stone, there's just no way to do it.

Disone

I hope they have fireworks that you can see from our building at Pop Century. In April we watched the HS fireworks from outside of our room on the 4th floor balcony at 9:00 and then turned to watch the Epcot fireworks shortly after. Really cool and didn't have to wait for a bus to get back to the resort, or pay for a park ticket.
Ehhh. To me you lose so much of the fireworks show experience by watching it outside of the park. The music is a key part of the show and it loses so much value without hearing the soundtrack that goes along with it. I can go anywhere and watch someone throw fireworks up in the air with just random explosions. My emotions will not stir. But throw in the music and the right special effects to complement the fireworks and I could be near tears.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ehhh. To me you lose so much of the fireworks show experience by watching it outside of the park. The music is a key part of the show and it loses so much value without hearing the soundtrack that goes along with it. I can go anywhere and watch someone throw fireworks up in the air with just random explosions. My emotions will not stir. But throw in the music and the right special effects to complement the fireworks and I could be near tears.

But if you have seen them at least once in the parks, it can be fun to watch them again outside. I saw the Star Wars fireworks three times on my last visit, once in the park, and twice from other locations.

21stamps

Weird some people don't realize Christmas is far more popular that Star Wars.
War on Christmas!!!!!!!
I think it's jut that a lot of us were really looking forward to the Star Wars show and have kids who are huge Star Wars fans. Add to that- all of our kid's friends and family members who have been to the show this year, telling our kids about it, and then obviously they are excited to go see it on their own trip. Also add- a new Star Wars movie is coming out within weeks of our vacation, which brings even more Star Wars excitement.

I love Christmas, my kid loves Christmas. There are plenty of Christmas events, including MVMCP that we will be attending, to get our Christmas fill...I don't think it would have been horrible to leave one night time event as a Star Wars event, given the movie release date and how popular all things Star Wars are right now.

I've calmed down about it, not thrilled, but accepting. I do think the dessert party looks neat, so I know we will definitely enjoy this show.

Edit- I guess it's just that between Nov-Dec there are sooo many Christmas events everywhere. We love them, and we attend many. We do Festival of Lights at our zoo (amazing), the Nutcracker, Polar Express train, holiday themed lights and santa at a park, an indoor play place that has been transformed into "the north pole", train display at the museum, Lego Brickmas.. etc etc.

I don't know of any Star Wars events, so that would have been something completely different and special.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

Let's see if they even show anything from Don Bluth's last animated short he worked on for the studio The Small One.
small-one2.jpg
I doubt they would reference anything that has to do with the true meaning of Christmas. Sadly.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think it's jut that a lot of us were really looking forward to the Star Wars show and have kids who are huge Star Wars fans. Add to that- all of our kid's friends and family members who have been to the show this year, telling our kids about it, and then obviously they are excited to go see it on their own trip. Also add- a new Star Wars movie is coming out within weeks of our vacation, which brings even more Star Wars excitement.

I love Christmas, my kid loves Christmas. There are plenty of Christmas events, including MVMCP that we will be attending, to get our Christmas fill...I don't think it would have been horrible to leave one night time event as a Star Wars event, given the movie release date and how popular all things Star Wars are right now.

I've calmed down about it, not thrilled, but accepting. I do think the dessert party looks neat, so I know we will definitely enjoy this show.

Edit- I guess it's just that between Nov-Dec there are sooo many Christmas events everywhere. We love them, and we attend many. We do Festival of Lights at our zoo (amazing), the Nutcracker, Polar Express train, holiday themed lights and santa at a park, an indoor play place that has been transformed into "the north pole", train display at the museum, Lego Brickmas.. etc etc.

I don't know of any Star Wars events, so that would have been something completely different and special.
Wah

AndyS2992

I think it looks great. I never cared for the Osborne lights anyway as I thought they were a tacky mess, but this I do like the look of.

Eddie Garrison

I am looking forward to seeing this new Christmas show at the Studios!

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and love the show at the Studios. However, I do understand what Disney is doing. It's holiday season and they need to do what they need to do.

I can also see how people who are going and wanted to see the Star Wars show can feel about it. I respect that side of it as well. I would be pretty bummed as well. Especially if that was one of the big draws for a trip.

J. D.

Don't take my word for it, but I'm hearing that the Star Wars show will happen at 6:45 with the holiday show happening at park close. Just what I've been told. Probably not happening every night, but I could see them doing this on nights that they close later.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
?

Ok so on a site that people rant and rave about the most inconsequential things.. Someone can not explain, in a response to a post that questioned it, why they may be disappointed that the Star Wars show may be cancelled..? Hmm.

You sure can.

No Name

Neat that they're doing a seasonal show.

It's too early to judge, but it sounds like this will be a pretty loosely-tied string of Disney Christmas-related franchises. They've been using that format a lot lately. I will call it the "five-paragraph essay format."

Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire is like a five-paragraph essay. It starts with an opening scene. Then it has three pretty-much unrelated segments in the middle. And then there is a finale song and dance, which serves as the conclusion. That sounds awfully like what the holiday stage show at MK will be, what the stage and projection shows in Shanghai are, what World of Color (sort of) is, and what this Christmas show will be. My middle school English teachers would be proud.

While I don't love this format (I think it's often too dry on creativity), that's not the issue. I take issue with its overuse. Nearly every single new show shouldn't follow the same format, regardless of what it is, because that becomes redundant. And guests will start to notice. At least RoL should be quite original in this regard.

Overall, in spite of my suspicions, I hope that this Christmas show is excellent.

So a great new title for Wishes would be "Magic Go Boom Boom! Fireworks Spectacular"? Sorry - Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is the single dumbest title (in a long string of dumb titles, a proud tradition of Disney Parks) I've heard in years. Say it out loud and try not to sound like an idiot - it's impossible.

I agree with your point, though I personally give that title to "Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!" Both names do share the all-caps final word with an exclamation point to top it off.

The root of the issue, in my opinion, is that people in the marketing department are getting paid to think of the names. They fear coming up with something too simple, as they may be called uncreative, or worse, the company may decide to no longer employ them. Anyone can think of a simple name, there's no use in paying someone to do that. So they come up with a play on words (like this), because now they thought of something that nobody else did, and therefore are considered a useful employee.

I do find hope in new names like "World of Color," "Rivers of Light," "Flight of Passage," "Navi River Journey," even "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train", and hope that more names go that route. Whoever thought of those is doing their job well and gets a virtual pat on the back from me.

HauntedMansionFLA

Don't take my word for it, but I'm hearing that the Star Wars show will happen at 6:45 with the holiday show happening at park close. Just what I've been told. Probably not happening every night, but I could see them doing this on nights that they close later.
That would be a nice, meet them in the middle solution. I hope this happens. I was pumped to see the SW show with Rogue One coming out in December. But it's nice to see Disney bring some Christmas offerings to DHS. It will help even the parks out somewhat. Now, if they could get ROL up and running at DAK by Thanksgiving, WDW will be in good shape for the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom