Non-Chain $$ Restaurant Recommendation

cindy_k

Original Poster
Hi!
I have family in town. I live in the Lakeland area, so I don't eat off property by Disney very often, and when I do, I usually just pick a chain restaurant.

My visiting family wants to eat dinner at a non-chain restaurant. I have no clue what's good.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Eddie Garrison

A few of our favourites here in the Dr. Phillips area where we live:

Beewon Korean Cuisine
Rocco's Tacos
Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ
Dragon Fly

steviej

4 rivers smokehouse. It's a chain but only within the state of florida.

It's hands down the best bbq i've ever had.

disney4life2008

4 rivers smokehouse. It's a chain but only within the state of florida.

It's hands down the best bbq i've ever had.

You must do not get out much. While 4Rivers is good; in no way is it the best bbq. Go to the southside of Chicago or St. Louis, Nashville - that is real BBQ.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You must do not get out much. While 4Rivers is good; in no way is it the best bbq. Go to the southside of Chicago or St. Louis, Nashville - that is real BBQ.
For Florida, 4 Rivers is really good.

For the BBQ capitols of the world, not so much.

I will say that their brisket is about the best I have every had in Florida. It won't live up to Salt Lick's, but I have never left unhappy.

disney4life2008

Well to me, that's pretty darn good. I'm from NJ, about 15 minutes outside of NYC, so it's very, very hard to find awesome mom and pop shop bbq

I would agree. NYC does not have good BBQ in any of the Boroughs. But they will remain King of pizza (with Chicago about a half point behind)

steviej

I would agree. NYC does not have good BBQ in any of the Boroughs. But they will remain King of pizza (with Chicago about a half point behind)

Heres the thing about NYC and NJ pizza. NJ pizza is better. Because all the nyc pizzeria's just want to keep up with the rush at lunch and at 5.

So they just half a** it when it comes to making the sauce. NJ pizzeria's take their time and let the sauce simmer for hours like it's intended.

NJ pizza over NYC pizza any day of the week, twice on sunday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom