Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

MotherOfBirds

I've parked in both garages many times since they've opened and I've never had a problem finding a place to park. Are they anticipating a big surge in guests?

Obobru

I've parked in both garages many times since they've opened and I've never had a problem finding a place to park. Are they anticipating a big surge in guests?

Maybe the rest o the surface parking is going to be built on in a couple of years so they are planning ahead.

mm121

Maybe the rest o the surface parking is going to be built on in a couple of years so they are planning ahead.

pretty sure they had this garage planned the whole time

does anyone have any drawings yet or exact location.

will people from the garage have to go down to street level then walk back up the stairs or take the elevator back up to go across or will the garage connect directly to the pedestrian bridge.

wonder if they will upgrade the stairs on the pedestrian bridge to escalators once this garage is built to take guests down to street level on the Disney springs side of the street. once the garage is built

WhatJaneSays

pretty sure they had this garage planned the whole time

does anyone have any drawings yet or exact location.

will people from the garage have to go down to street level then walk back up the stairs or take the elevator back up to go across or will the garage connect directly to the pedestrian bridge.

wonder if they will upgrade the stairs on the pedestrian bridge to escalators once this garage is built to take guests down to street level on the Disney springs side of the street. once the garage is built

No drawings or plans yet but the new garage will be located in the Speedway and Cast lots on the south side of Buena Vista.

Attachments

• New garage.jpg
    New garage.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 374

mm121

No drawings or plans yet but the new garage will be located in the Speedway and Cast lots on the south side of Buena Vista.

a lime size garage or even slightly bigger would fit pretty well

maybe they didnt think this garage would be needed so soon, since the new costuming/service building (the orange circle) is in the way and complicates connecting to the pedestrian bridge (the green rectangle)

the most logical thing would be to include the costuming/service building on the ground level of the parking structure with parking above
Screen Shot 10-01-16 at 07.42 PM.PNG

jt04

a lime size garage or even slightly bigger would fit pretty well

maybe they didnt think this garage would be needed so soon, since the new costuming/service building (the orange circle) is in the way and complicates connecting to the pedestrian bridge (the green rectangle)

the most logical thing would be to include the costuming/service building on the ground level of the parking structure with parking above
View attachment 166315

Maybe it will be built higher rather than wider.

WDWBryan

The location of the garage is weird since it's halfway between the two walkways. Not to mention of the other side of the street. Maybe they will be building another bridge to connect to the lime garage

mm121

A permit has been filed with the South Florida Water Management District for this project. Here is a drawing showing exactly where the garage will be.

View attachment 169986

Not where I thought it was going to be.

They really are trying to maximize use of land space.

Not sure why they let Downtown Disney sit idol for so many years after the closure of Pleasure Island and now they have been going building crazy.

jt04

Not where I thought it was going to be.

They really are trying to maximize use of land space.

Not sure why they let Downtown Disney sit idol for so many years after the closure of Pleasure Island and now they have been going building crazy.

For the same reason that Chef Batali does not rush the risotto.

Jon81uk

As they couldn't come up with the concept they thought was right. They already came up with Hyperion Wharf to replace Pleasure Island and then didn't go ahead with it.

I think the long wait was just because they didn't like old Pleasure Island but didn't know what to do with the space either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom