Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Texas84

Congrats to all the halfers but also the 5k people that finished :)

Texas84: That's what I figured about the parks on Saturday. I had made a mistake with our return train tickets (wrong date....we had a room until Sunday but a train ticket for Saturday...)
We could have changed it until Friday but I expected things to get really crowded. On Thursday and Friday it was walk on all day apart from Crush's coaster. Rat was down, "friend" didn't want to wait or come back. Didn't want Crush's either because it was a whole 30 minute wait.:eek: and somehow she seemed to have had the feeling that walk on is normal at Disney. (Well in Paris I'm afraid they might be more and more as they get less visitors each year)

I'm glad we overslept on Friday and couldn't change the tickets anymore: had she gone (I couldn't even walk anymore so I wouldn't have anyway) she'd be right back probably and possibly blaming me for that one too like she seemed to do unspoken for everything.

Needless to say, our friendship is over. Guess who got the blame for that one too :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that.

I was expecting light crowds from everything I've read and I was actually happy to see the place packed. Even in the rain Sunday. I waited 45 in single rider for Crush (fun) and did all the shows. Really enjoyed those. I had a great time and the CMs were terrific. The only bad part of the trip was CDG going home. What a fiasco. Thank goodness I had Delta Business or I would have missed my flight.

Mad Stitch

I am home now. :( Thanks to the DLP parks and race staff for a great weekend! I don't even know where to start. Since this is the running forum, I guess I'll start with the race.

I would easily put this at the top of my list of favorite races. Being an inaugural race I was expecting some hang ups, but I thought everything turned out smoothly. I heard of long lines at the expo on Thursday, but by the time I got there on Friday they redistributed their resources and had more people working the Photo Pass and Castle to Chateau booths. The only gotcha I ran into involved the race shirts. A couple I was chatting with warned me that the sizes we submitted were intended to be on the European size scale. Sure enough when I received my shirt it was European size large, US size medium. They had an exchange table though where I was able to switch it out for one size larger. The race course was great, running through the parks was fun and the French country side was beautiful. There was one stretch where we ran on what looked to be a carriage trail. I was wondering how the wheelchairs handled that.

My flight landed early enough that I was able to get my packet at the expo, check into my hotel, and was in Disneyland Park by noon on Friday. I didn't run into any crowds on Friday and walked onto just about everything with no wait. On Saturday I got to the Studios when they opened so I was able to get on Crush and Ratatouille before the big crowds arrived. I gotta admit, after all I heard about the Crush Coaster I thought that the ride was overrated. It's a good ride but I think that a lot of the hype comes from it being in a small park with little to do. On Sunday after the race I bounced between both parks just taking it all in and getting last rides on my favorite rides. You should have seen all the people holding medals up in front of the castle to get a picture. Best attraction at the resort? Space Mountain.

So runDisney fans, this is a must do race. The inaugural year is now over, so all of you who avoid first time races can be assured that they are capable of hosting a good race. The language was no barrier at all. I was able to get by with some basic French phrases and a lot of the cast members know English. It is easily worth the trip.

marissieviolissie

I picked up my package on Thursday after 7pm and it was almost deserted really.
I also thought there would be some issues since it was the first one here. But I also have the feeling that just that made so many crewmembers turn up (5k at least) and cheered everyone on.
I did the Jingle Jungle 5k in November en castmember wise that was pretty lame compared to the 5k last Saturday. I'm honestly not sure I would have made it had it not been for them.
I wouldn't think twice about entering again. I get why they chose Ratatouille for the medal but that's the only thing I wouldn't mind having changed if I'm honest.

I purposely signed up for the inaugural one because for me there is something to it to know (if the park and event still exist) in 10 years or so I was part of the first one.

Texas84

Yeah, I ended up with a European Large. It fits but I like shirts to be a little loose.

Has anyone found results yet?

marissieviolissie

Pictures.... I wanna see dead people. (Me that is. I took a picture at the 4km mark or shortly after and this photographer was shooting more like a Disney photographer. So I asked him if he wanted to take a picture of a dead person. He did :p
Then about 50 m further a woman passed by and said I sure looked good for a dead person!:D I love that support from runners to runners

Funny that the t shirt thing is always a bproblem hehe. Last year I ordered a medium and could make a tent out of it when a small would do fine.
So for me this time the size M would be an actual M and not another tent ;). I didn't need to try it on, I could see from afar it would fit.

We're there any magnets or so or just tshirts at the merch stands?

Mad Stitch

Yes, the cast inside the parks were really energetic cheering everyone on. After I finished the race I went back to my room, cleaned up, and headed back to the parks. On the way I happened to catch the end of the race coming through. This guy was limping badly and looked to be in a lot of pain. The big group of cast members behind him was following, cheering him on and encouraging him to make it to the finish line. It was a great sight to see. The balloon ladies were no where to be seen. I'm guessing since they were back on Disney property and not blocking any roads at this point they were just letting him finish the race.

20160925_114113_zps06f1tsw4.jpg

Texas84

Pictures.... I wanna see dead people. (Me that is. I took a picture at the 4km mark or shortly after and this photographer was shooting more like a Disney photographer. So I asked him if he wanted to take a picture of a dead person. He did :p
Then about 50 m further a woman passed by and said I sure looked good for a dead person!:D I love that support from runners to runners

Funny that the t shirt thing is always a bproblem hehe. Last year I ordered a medium and could make a tent out of it when a small would do fine.
So for me this time the size M would be an actual M and not another tent ;). I didn't need to try it on, I could see from afar it would fit.

We're there any magnets or so or just tshirts at the merch stands?

No magnets or pins. I wanted a car magnet.

Texas84

I saw that too. Didn't they say at the start that there were 11,000 entered?

This is on the results page but I'm not sure what 'Insc' means. Inscribe? "To enter (a name) on a list or in a register." So maybe the 10,083 is entries. That's a lot of no-shows.

Insc.: 10083, Strt.: 8595, Finis.: 8514

marissieviolissie

As far as my French goes (which isn't very far, but at least I know the basics for Disney: une (or deux) because that's what they ask you in line lol) inscribe does indeed mean entries.

That is a lot of no shows indeed. I wonder how the numbers for the 5k were. I know it isn't timed but it was sold out as far as I knew.
If I would have wanted to go and it was sold out, I'd surely feel a bit sour if I now would find out at least 1500 people didn't show up. Even when I know firsthand there's always unseen events preventing you from going at all or making it to the start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom