New music coming to Canada - Bodh’aktan

Absimilliard

Just read the article in the Journal de Montreal and here is what was said roughly:

- Disney has been trying to get them for 3 years ever since they saw them at a Las Vegas showcase, but family and other engagements have been in the way.

- Disney wanted them for a 6 months engagement, but the band members family and other shows had them agree to do the two series of 20 days for now.

- Five days a week with a 20 minutes show every hour.

- The show will be 95% in French! (A first for the world showcase Canada Stage?)

- "Du Rhum, Des Femmes" is an old French song about pirates drinking rum, "finding women", fights and the likes. Very bouncy and would never fly at Disney if it was sung in English.

trampdog

- "Du Rhum, Des Femmes" is an old French song about pirates drinking rum, "finding women", fights and the likes. Very bouncy and would never fly at Disney if it was sung in English.

There was a mosh pit at one of venues I saw them at in Montreal.

This will be interesting, especially with all the booze flowing at F&W. I can't wait!!!!!

Polydweller

Such a shame that Disney was never able to assemble their own Canadian band that was adored by Disney fans far and wide.:cautious:
Too bad they weren't Canadian, none of the members were, and the music wasn't all that east coast. So, I guess Disney couldn't assemble their own Canadian band.
I moved on quite a while ago as well. I am just enjoying a bit of schadenfreude since Disney replaced such a popular band to save a buck and has yet to get a replacement that has stuck.
They aren't trying to. They want the entertainment to change roughly every 6 months so that there's always something new on the horizon. Hopefully they will actually get real Canadians in the future.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

These are the kinds of performances they should have on that stage all the time, preferably Off Kilter but if not it should always be this type of performance. Hope there still there when I get there.

NearTheEars

I moved on quite a while ago as well. I am just enjoying a bit of schadenfreude since Disney replaced such a popular band to save a buck and has yet to get a replacement that has stuck.

It seems to me the idea is for these acts not to stick anymore. Just limited runs.

wannabeBelle

I know that Alberta Bound ends on 10/2/2016. That is a Sunday. I'd give a few days to change the stage over as needed, but probably not very long. I would think as early as 10/5/2016. If that is right I'd expect them to be playing for 20 days so right through the end of October, the 30th or 31st I am guessing. Marie

Next Big Thing

They aren't trying to. They want the entertainment to change roughly every 6 months so that there's always something new on the horizon. Hopefully they will actually get real Canadians in the future.
Yup. That way they keep things within budget AND the fans don't get too attached.

ABQ

I know that Alberta Bound ends on 10/2/2016. That is a Sunday. I'd give a few days to change the stage over as needed, but probably not very long. I would think as early as 10/5/2016. If that is right I'd expect them to be playing for 20 days so right through the end of October, the 30th or 31st I am guessing. Marie
Would you agree that, though it would be nice to book these folks for a 6 month stretch, that their first 20 day slot ends right around when I believe it was said the Canadian Voyageurs may return for the holiday season? If so, it seems the 2nd 20 day slot starting up right after the holidays makes sense. I'm all good with a consistent use of the Voyageurs over the holidays each year. Or is that just a rumour and they won't be playing for the holidays at all?

wannabeBelle

Would you agree that, though it would be nice to book these folks for a 6 month stretch, that their first 20 day slot ends right around when I believe it was said the Canadian Voyageurs may return for the holiday season? If so, it seems the 2nd 20 day slot starting up right after the holidays makes sense. I'm all good with a consistent use of the Voyageurs over the holidays each year. Or is that just a rumour and they won't be playing for the holidays at all?
I cant comment on the 20 day engagement time length for the new band. Some of the other posters have said that the new band was unavailable for more than that but I don't know anything regarding that. My understanding is that the Voyageurs will be playing for the holidays with possibly a brief engagement with Alberta Bound before that as I wouldn't think the Voyageurs would start much before Thanksgiving or so. I don't have any firm dates for any of that, this is simply my own speculation. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom