Latest Trip to Via Naploi

MickeyMomV

Wow that all looks and sounds awesome! We must try Via Napoli again. The first time we went was right after the grand opening and we were disappointed. We ordered a vegetable pie which was clearly topped with canned, salty as heck marinated vegetables. At home (close to NYC) vegetable pies have fresh cut garden vegetables. Next time, we will get the pepperoni!
This makes me laugh because my DH always says that vegetables belong in a salad, not on a pizza. :)

We love Via Napoli. We went a couple of trips in a row but have skipped it the last trip or two. Not because we think it has went down hill but because there are just too many good places. Too many good places and too little time.

meganwdw

We love Via Napoli! We've skipped it the last two trips and are skipping it in December only because we just couldn't fit it in but are headed back with our BFFs in June 2018! They've never eaten there and can't wait to try it!!

HouCuseChickie

We were there back in late July and our pizzas were light on both cheese and toppings. Sadly, they were also terribly soggy.

28607334905_5241867826_z.jpg

28528969041_0c0c2e43e6_z.jpg

deanna88

My friend and I went to Via Napoli two weeks ago and the food was delicious. We split the arancini and a large cheese pizza and both left happy :)

rob0519

Terrible looking pizza that was under cooked... Typical of Via.... The quality control is a joke

We went to Via Napoli for the first time last November. For the price of the food, none of my family were incredibly impressed. While it was ok, to us, it appears to be wonderful to others. Our wait staff service was not all that great either. So we can say we tried it, but we won't be going back.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
We went to Via Napoli for the first time last November. For the price of the food, none of my family were incredibly impressed. While it was ok, to us, it appears to be wonderful to others. Our wait staff service was not all that great either. So we can say we tried it, but we won't be going back.

Hey, it happens. We've been to several restaurants both on Disney property and just out and about Orlando, where the service and food was "sub-par" to us. We still dine at those same restaurants as it was one out of 10 visits.

At times I think people visiting Disney have their hopes so far up for [insert attraction, restaurant here] and when it does not live up to their expectations, then it is an even bigger let down than it would be say at a restaurant at home. And I can understand. Most have anything at Disney on such a platform, they cannot help to be let down if anything is off just 1/10th a degree.

People are paying a heck of a lot of money to visit here and they expect everything to be 100% perfect. Rightfully so at times. Though unjust at times as well.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
My expectations are nowhere near that high, I hover around 75% and I still find myself disappointed at times.

There's that :)

Like I said, at times nothing or no place is going to be at anyone's expectation (no matter their percentage) My expectations for Disney are what they are for visiting as much as we do, and at times, I am disappointed as well.

Restaurants and meals are funny things to everyone. We all have our own opinions, none right none wrong on what we consider good or the "best" meal/food. Conversations and debates are great (to me) especially when it comes to things we can all agree we like in general, such as food.

What I do not like, and no one here has done this at all, is people just flat out saying "You're wrong" or "No it's not" when posting an opinion.

We've been let down at Via Napoli in the past, along with other restaurants on and off Disney property. Still. This is one of our favourites on property.

rob0519

Hey, it happens. We've been to several restaurants both on Disney property and just out and about Orlando, where the service and food was "sub-par" to us. We still dine at those same restaurants as it was one out of 10 visits.

At times I think people visiting Disney have their hopes so far up for [insert attraction, restaurant here] and when it does not live up to their expectations, then it is an even bigger let down than it would be say at a restaurant at home. And I can understand. Most have anything at Disney on such a platform, they cannot help to be let down if anything is off just 1/10th a degree.

People are paying a heck of a lot of money to visit here and they expect everything to be 100% perfect. Rightfully so at times. Though unjust at times as well.

With over two dozen visits to WDW our expectations are not that high anymore. We're paying a heck of a lot, your words, to visit and while we don't expect everything to be 100% perfect, some things fall well short. This was one of them. There are many restaurants that we know are outrageously priced just because they are at Disney and we continue to visit to those we like. I say everyone should try it decide for themselves.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
With over two dozen visits to WDW our expectations are not that high anymore. We're paying a heck of a lot, your words, to visit and while we don't expect everything to be 100% perfect, some things fall well short. This was one of them. There are many restaurants that we know are outrageously priced just because they are at Disney and we continue to visit to those we like. I say everyone should try it decide for themselves.

I'm sure they do unfortunately. And I agree 100% on everyone should visit and decide for their selves. Or at least, I hope they do/would.

EvilQueen-T

We like Via Napoli too. We love taking advantage of eating a lot of different types of food on a disney trip but on a longer trip sometimes you just need a pizza night. In August I decided to try something totally out of my normal wheelhouse and had the Carciofi pie which is a white pizza with artichoke, truffle oil, fontina, and mozarella. I had them only put the artichoke on half the pie because I wasn't sure I'd like it but both halves were yummy. I ate the whole thing lol.

Hockey89

I have to disagree for me anyway... Disney has a lot of off nights...Cal grill is hit or miss...Artist point... ect.... Most of these places outside of v&a would not make it in Boston or nyc... But Via imho is just not good.... Flat bread pizza company up here is heads and shoulders better...

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
I have to disagree for me anyway... Disney has a lot of off nights...Cal grill is hit or miss...Artist point... ect.... Most of these places outside of v&a would not make it in Boston or nyc... But Via imho is just not good.... Flat bread pizza company up here is heads and shoulders better...

Everyone has their own opinions in which none are wrong or right, and I of course respect everyone's opinions. Nothing at Disney would I ever classify as "the best [insert food type here] I have ever had". That title is reserved for French Laundry in Yountville, CA. (Napa Valley) By far the best meal I ever had to this day.

The best pizza & Italian food in general I have ever had was in Sciacca, Sicily, Italy and nothing I have ever eaten after that has been anywhere close. The best seafood I have ever had was in the panhandle area of Florida on the Gulf Coast. The best Korean food I ever had was in Inch 'on South Korea. etc., etc., etc. Where certain restaurants are a great representation of [insert style of food here] cooking, nothing compares to having it at the "source", as it were.

I dated a girl in college who lived in Narraganset Beach, RI. and dined at Flatbread Pizza Company in Providence on many occasions. It was fine & better than a lot of places, though (my opinion) nothing special. I do miss Mediterrano's in Providence though :)

Food/restaurants in Boston, New York, Las Vegas, etc. are no better or worse than any other major city in the US I have lived in or visited. All very good and differ from each other which makes for unique and different dinning experiences.

To me, the best meal I have eaten on Disney property was at Flying Fish (about three weeks ago). We have dined at Victoria & Albert's many times, including the Chef's table several times, and where it was a very good meal ... I have had better at other restaurants for similar or lesser price.

I'm not sure why people have labeled or expect Disney World to be some 'foodies' destination for great food. Where some locations here are very good. I wouldn't consider it a destination for "great" food by any stretch. We enjoy many locations here on property, though we know what to expect, what to order, what days to visit, etc. All that honestly plays into the experience you have at dining locations at Disney.

Hockey89

Everyone has their own opinions in which none are wrong or right, and I of course respect everyone's opinions. Nothing at Disney would I ever classify as "the best [insert food type here] I have ever had". That title is reserved for French Laundry in Yountville, CA. (Napa Valley) By far the best meal I ever had to this day.

The best pizza & Italian food in general I have ever had was in Sciacca, Sicily, Italy and nothing I have ever eaten after that has been anywhere close. The best seafood I have ever had was in the panhandle area of Florida on the Gulf Coast. The best Korean food I ever had was in Inch 'on South Korea. etc., etc., etc. Where certain restaurants are a great representation of [insert style of food here] cooking, nothing compares to having it at the "source", as it were.

I dated a girl in college who lived in Narraganset Beach, RI. and dined at Flatbread Pizza Company in Providence on many occasions. It was fine & better than a lot of places, though (my opinion) nothing special. I do miss Mediterrano's in Providence though :)

Food/restaurants in Boston, New York, Las Vegas, etc. are no better or worse than any other major city in the US I have lived in or visited. All very good and differ from each other which makes for unique and different dinning experiences.

To me, the best meal I have eaten on Disney property was at Flying Fish (about three weeks ago). We have dined at Victoria & Albert's many times, including the Chef's table several times, and where it was a very good meal ... I have had better at other restaurants for similar or lesser price.

I'm not sure why people have labeled or expect Disney World to be some 'foodies' destination for great food. Where some locations here are very good. I wouldn't consider it a destination for "great" food by any stretch. We enjoy many locations here on property, though we know what to expect, what to order, what days to visit, etc. All that honestly plays into the experience you have at dining locations at Disney.
TFL was a great place... Been there.... Top 10 favorite meals... My favorite would have to be 11 Madison which you should hit up if you get the chance... Only last bucket list place is aliena for me

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
TFL was a great place... Been there.... Top 10 favorite meals... My favorite would have to be 11 Madison which you should hit up if you get the chance... Only last bucket list place is aliena for me

I know those places. It's been a year since I have been to the Northeast but 11 Madison is definitely on the list when we return to that area of the country. It's funny ... We get to Napa more than we do any other places on the East Coast. Really enjoy that area.

Hockey89

I know those places. It's been a year since I have been to the Northeast but 11 Madison is definitely on the list when we return to that area of the country. It's funny ... We get to Napa more than we do any other places on the East Coast. Really enjoy that area.
Napa is probably my favorite place in the country. Been out there two times and took our honeymoon there... Just great food and wine... Beautiful too...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom