Main Street Electrical Parade dining package replaced with Festival of Fantasy dining

DABIGCHEEZ

No one really thought they would miss out on more $$, right? They really should've included dinner instead of lunch and they could've got $20 more per person at least.

carolina_yankee

Ddisneyland doesn't run two parades - Paint the Night and MSEP are both nighttime parades.

If anything, they are now even - one parade, one fireworks. They just run their parades at different times.

Of course, Disneyland also has Fantasmic but WDW does, too, just in a different park. Plus (soon) River of Light, and of course Illuminations.

Dirk

ninjaprincesst

Ddisneyland doesn't run two parades - Paint the Night and MSEP are both nighttime parades.

If anything, they are now even - one parade, one fireworks. They just run their parades at different times.

Of course, Disneyland also has Fantasmic but WDW does, too, just in a different park. Plus (soon) River of Light, and of course Illuminations.

Dirk
I have zero faith in ROL ever happening, when we booked in February ROL was supposed to start in April and now with our trip 7 monts after that date no ROL and Ak closing at 6pm! It's just very frustrating when you finally get to take someone very important to you to your favorite place on earth after all these years and everything we had him hyped up for either is being yanked away or just not happening at all.

ninjaprincesst

RoL is happening within the next four months, so you can stop the meltdown about that show now
The next four months does not help me when I am going in November that is two months away when I was told it was starting in April which was 5 months ago, I'm sorry if Disney has not worked out the bugs in five months time they must be morons. And yeah I may be having a meltdown, but when you have been wanting to take someone for 6 years and they finally get to go and it seems like Disney is doing every thing they can to ruin things before this once in a lifetime trip, I think I am entitled.

ToTBellHop

I have zero faith in ROL ever happening, when we booked in February ROL was supposed to start in April and now with our trip 7 monts after that date no ROL and Ak closing at 6pm! It's just very frustrating when you finally get to take someone very important to you to your favorite place on earth after all these years and everything we had him hyped up for either is being yanked away or just not happening at all.
Other hype-ables: Jungle Cruise. Pirates. Splash. Big Thunder depending on when you're going. Mansion, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Wishes, FoF, one of the holiday parties, if you're going, Soarin, Test Track, Mission:Space, World Showcase at large, IllumiNations, ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Midway Mania, Indy, Star Wars fireworks, Fantasmic, Safaris, Kali, Everest, Dinosaur, FotLK, likely RoL despite your pessimism. Resorts? Water parks? Disney Springs.

Especially for a first-timer, mindset going in is a principal determinant of your experience. The first-timer has the luxury of not noticing stagnation or small declines like a regular visitor. And while WDW isn't perfect, it is still spectacular and, on the whole, being revitalized (whether or not you like the revitalizations).

ninjaprincesst

Other hype-ables: Jungle Cruise. Pirates. Splash. Big Thunder depending on when you're going. Mansion, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Wishes, FoF, one of the holiday parties, if you're going, Soarin, Test Track, Mission:Space, World Showcase at large, IllumiNations, ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Midway Mania, Indy, Star Wars fireworks, Fantasmic, Safaris, Kali, Everest, Dinosaur, FotLK, likely RoL despite your pessimism. Resorts? Water parks? Disney Springs.

Especially for a first-timer, mindset going in is a principal determinant of your experience. The first-timer has the luxury of not noticing stagnation or small declines like a regular visitor. And while WDW isn't perfect, it is still spectacular and, on the whole, being revitalized (whether or not you like the revitalizations).
Well the thing is my daughter is a huge MSEP fan and has been talking it up to him for years, and before we booked I went on and on about ROL and how awesome it looked and how it was starting on Earth day in April so there would be no problem come November, so now I fell responsible about hyping up things that thanks to Disney he will now never get to see. Yes due to my guilt I have booked a Fantasmic Diner Package to make sure he gets to see that, and I am not a big fan of illuminations, I liked it much better years ago before the big annoying globe with the projections became most of the show so I could care less if we see that.

doctornick

I'm really surprised they aren't adding a night time run of FoF after MSEP leaves.

On the flip side, once RoL hopefully opens soon, there will actually be reasonable night time show options at all the parks, which at least lessens the blow a bit.

trampdog

The next four months does not help me when I am going in November that is two months away when I was told it was starting in April which was 5 months ago, I'm sorry if Disney has not worked out the bugs in five months time they must be morons. And yeah I may be having a meltdown, but when you have been wanting to take someone for 6 years and they finally get to go and it seems like Disney is doing every thing they can to ruin things before this once in a lifetime trip, I think I am entitled.

Sorry, but this statement begs for this. I highly doubt one or two events are going to spoil your Magical Disney Experience.

wahmbulance.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom