PHOTOS - Height balloon test spotted at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

tl77

This location where these balloons are looks a little too small to add a DVC, maybe a new check-in or pool area for Caribbean Beach? I think they could use an upgrade to something more along those lines of Port Orleans and Coronado Springs. Rumor was that they will probably convert the Trinidad South buildings to a DVC and build an additional new DVC complex across the lagoon west of the current Trinidad South complex.

One of those permits from a while back about roadway expansion showed a new back entrance to the Hollywood Studios from either the intersection of Victory Way and Sea Breeze Way or Century Drive (don't remember which) but that would line up pretty well with Trinidad South, and with all the new stuff coming to the Studios in the next few years I imagine they are going to want a DVC across the street from it to cash in on Star Wars-Land ect...

Last edited:

jhendrix

Here's a bird's eye view thanks to Google maps. The orange balloon would be directly over the Custom House check-in area, and the yellow seems to be somewhere towards the left side of the small lake near the Custom House.
Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 9.42.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 9.42.31 PM.png

SpaceMountain77

I accept that DVC will continue to expand its footprints throughout Walt Disney World. However, architecturally and thematically, I cannot stand the towering skyscrapers that loom over the original resorts. I truly wish the annexes more closely followed the design cues of the original resorts. Is it too much to build 3-5 story cabanas at Disney's CBR?

Next Big Thing

Disneytraveller

Was planning on a trip in November of next year to a pirate room at CBR. Will this testing mean construction and if it is what are the chances it will be going on in November 2017? Or is it still a way off yet?

Magenta Panther

I accept that DVC will continue to expand its footprints throughout Walt Disney World. However, architecturally and thematically, I cannot stand the towering skyscrapers that loom over the original resorts. I truly wish the annexes more closely followed the design cues of the original resorts. Is it too much to build 3-5 story cabanas at Disney's CBR?

I'm with you. I wish we could get a hotel like the one at Disneyland Paris:

serveimage

That's awesome. It's a little like the Grand Floridian, but way better IMO - just seems more magical. I too don't like the glass-and-steel resorts. I'm not even crazy about the Disneyland Hotel, which to me doesn't look all that Disney-ish, at least on the outside. It looks too "executive", and kinda meh. The Grand Californian is, eh, better, but still not as cool as Paris'. Disneyland deserves better. If WDW ever built a DVC that looked like a castle, it'd get my money, no doubt about it. I don't know why Disney doesn't draw from its iconic films or attractions for resort ideas. Who wouldn't want to stay in a Haunted Mansion hotel, or Tower of Terror, or the Beast's Castle? Those would be awesome, and I bet TDO wouldn't have much trouble keeping them full.

MagicHappens1971

I don't know why Disney doesn't draw from its iconic films or attractions for resort ideas. Who wouldn't want to stay in a Haunted Mansion hotel, or Tower of Terror, or the Beast's Castle? Those would be awesome, and I bet TDO wouldn't have much trouble keeping them full.
A Haunted Mansion hotel would be awesome! The theming would be so easy. Beast's Castle would be amazing. And couldn't they technically build a Marvel themed hotel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom